I have never agreed with the idea that the show was somehow biased towards Stannis. I never really cared for him in the books, and actually notice and like him more in the show (due to Dillane) than I ever did while reading. So the endless and repetitive focus on 'how did this or that affect Stannis' and 'you should have cut X for more Stannis' has been a net negative for me while reading some of these threads.

Having made that complete and honest acknowledgement of my own biases.. I will say that Stannis fans got totally hosed by the pacing of the events of this episode. If you're going to devote an entire show to one battle.. show the whole freakin' battle. There's way too much happening next week to toss in a 'by the way, here's how it ended' and expect anyone to really care.

Edited by Grayven

People saying Tywin's death is going to happen next year are forgetting the preview scene we saw with Shae looking up surprised from a bed with a crossbow in plain sight behind her.

It's happening next episode... my only hope is that the final scene, going in the pattern they've had since Season 1 in the finales (Fire, Ice, Fire) is Stannis turning the tide at the Wall is the final scene of the season.

What we'll likely get instead of Stannis showing up after the majority of the fighting is over, claiming all the credit, and the Children of the Forest/Bloodraven to close out the season.

Edited by Gladiator of Dorne

I'm so confused about why the fanatics are worried that Stannis will have lost his moment. If anything, the show went out of it's way to set up Stannis being some hero. They set up Jon looking as the hero of battle numero uno who talks to other heros of the battle about how they are totally fucked because Mance still so greatly outnumbers them, then our hero Jon goes off into the sunset to meet with Mance without wolf or weapon totally thinking he's going to die and he'll be surrounded by giants and mammoths and 100k wildlings and it will look impressively sinister for Jon until suddenly, this dude comes out of the trees and saves the fucking day. That's a better set up for Stannis in the books because this time, Jon volunteered rather than where he was forced to do it in the books. He's walking out there like a boss and if the negotiation doesn't go well, he's dead. Of course, Jon may likely be negotiating with Mance, like he was in the books, when Stannis shows up, but still...come on. How much more of a "stannis saves the day" set up do you fanatics need? Get a grip.

I love you though brah brah. I will stop cuz i don't wanna beef with you.

The Stan-stans are as usual are quite hilarious. Never change guys.

I'm a big Stannis fan & don't think it was quite time for him. They stumbled through the battle, though. Did like the giants. Felt like a missed opportunity. I've watched BW several times - & not done - I don't think this was even close but will give it a second try. DRUMMMMMS!!!!!

The episode was fine, but it was probably the worst of the season so far. That's not a burn on this episode the rest of this season has just been great. The fade to white at the end as Jon walks out to negotiate with Mance was a dumb ending. I could have done with way less of the pregame (Sam/Gilly, etc.). They could have extended the run time a little longer to show the morning where Jon is negotiating and Stannis shows up to save the day. Maybe I just had this episode too hyped up in my mind, but I thought they could have done a lot better. They had to kill off Grenn, because they hadn't established enough characters at the wall. The episode was fine, but it definitely could have been done better.

GIANTS RIDING MAMMOTHS, Tormund Giantsbane fighting Alliser Thorne in single combat, giants shooting gigantic arrows at people..... but the episode was the worst because King Stannis doesn't arrive until next week? lmao

Thorne was a badass in this show. The way Jon Snow keeps getting disarmed in all his major fights, it's clear that Thorne is definitely the best swordsman at the Wall.

/fit time

TARGS ARE NOT FUCKING FIREPROOF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/fit over

Yeah, I know that show watchers probably think they are.

I didn't think they were suggesting that Jon is suddenly fireproof, especially after he burned his hand. I mean, they went out of their way to make dany fireproof, but that's not actually how it works. However, the scene was just a cute little wink. Just more Jon fire connection.

So in espisode 10, we have Arya & Hound, Cersie and Jamie, Tyrion escape, possible end of Tywin, Bran and company, Brienne (still has to bite someone's ear of)f, and the end to the battle at the wall. Even with extra time I am not sure how they can fit all this in and have the plotlines be clear