I didn't think they were suggesting that Jon is suddenly fireproof, especially after he burned his hand. I mean, they went out of their way to make dany fireproof, but that's not actually how it works. However, the scene was just a cute little wink. Just more Jon fire connection.

yeah def not a suggestion that hes a Targ... I Do think that the GhostCam was a little foreshadowing of Jons abilities to warg Ghost. I believe its the first weve seen through Ghosts eyes

But then people would complain that that isn't enough time and needed to be longer. In fact, on other forums I saw people start to complain that there needs to be more than 10 minutes of Stannis and how disappointing that would be.

It more about having a complete and overall finished episode. The anticlimactic ending could have been easily resolved by having the Stannis storyline in the epidote. People might have complained about there not being enough Stannis, however, I personally would have been satisfied that they had an overall complete story for the episode. Now, Stannis will come next week and I'm sure it'll be fine but it won't have the emotional appeal it could have had had it been done this episode. There will be a lot of things going on in the finale and this will just be one amongst many.

I'm so confused about why the fanatics are worried that Stannis will have lost his moment. If anything, the show went out of it's way to set up Stannis being some hero. They set up Jon looking as the hero of battle numero uno who talks to other heros of the battle about how they are totally fucked because Mance still so greatly outnumbers them, then our hero Jon goes off into the sunset to meet with Mance without wolf or weapon totally thinking he's going to die and he'll be surrounded by giants and mammoths and 100k wildlings and it will look impressively sinister for Jon until suddenly, this dude comes out of the trees and saves the fucking day. That's a better set up for Stannis in the books because this time, Jon volunteered rather than where he was forced to do it in the books. He's walking out there like a boss and if the negotiation doesn't go well, he's dead. Of course, Jon may likely be negotiating with Mance, like he was in the books, when Stannis shows up, but still...come on. How much more of a "stannis saves the day" set up do you fanatics need? Get a grip.

This is going to be the episode where Tyron kills his father and kills Shae. Where he tells Jaime he killed Joff. This is going to be the episode where Bran meets Blood Raven. Probably LSH will pop out, and Daenerys will drop some dumb lines while stearing at stuff. Thats "the day" Stannis is going to save ? It has nothing to do with it.

This episode establishes that Jon is the real leader of the watch, stepping up when Thorne is knocked out of action and Slynt cowers. He delegates like a leader, too. To Sam, To Grenn, To Edd. And they all give him that look when he does it. They're recognizing HE'S THE MAN. And behind him they rally and win.

[bTW, "Edd, the wall is yours." AWESOMESAUCE. WHO WOULD BE A TERRIBLE LORD COMMANDER NOW? Handled yourself pretty damn well there, actually. Loved it.]

Next week when he's off being Willard to Mance's Kurtz (or trying to, anyway), we'll see the crows get their ass kicked in his absence while Thorne is still incapacitated and Slynt comes up small once again.

Stannis saves the crows from certain doom without undercutting Jon as The Man To Lead The Crows.

Sucks that Stannis is going to get lost in the shuffle of next week's more ensemble show. Would've been nice to see him in the main event spot, but 'tis not to be (Tyrion, with the Crotchbow, in the Bathroom has to be the big climax next week).

yes its like they are going to play it up that Jon has no one by his side on the Wall.

Of course and killing them both helps shorten that storyline for next year when Jon is LC. They have a lot to compact next season, Jon has 13 chapters they'll need to condense into one season as I'm almost sure they'll have the stabbing by the end of next season.

This is going to be the episode where Tyron kills his father and kills Shae. Where he tells Jaime he killed Joff. This is going to be the episode where Bran meets Blood Raven. Probably LSH will pop out, and Daenerys will drop some dumb lines while stearing at stuff. Thats "the day" Stannis is going to save ? It has nothing to do with it.

Ok, so you're saying that Stannis' only contribution to awesome is when he gobbles up screentime? Alrighty, then. I guess I see your point in that they've not made Stannis a suitable enough character to be able to own it in five minutes.

So in espisode 10, we have Arya & Hound, Cersie and Jamie, Tyrion escape, possible end of Tywin, Bran and company, Brienne (still has to bite someone's ear of)f, and the end to the battle at the wall. Even with extra time I am not sure how they can fit all this in and have the plotlines be clear

Remember, next week's episode is extra long.

No one complaining about the lack of Stannis (as far as I have read) has said a word about the battle being underwhelming on its own, though killing off two of the established and recognizable Wall characters isn't going to help any next season.

Our issue is more with the narrative and wasted time on other irrelevant issues. I'm a Stannis fan, though I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, and this episode should have been his moment by rights, as Episode 9 of Season 2 was Tywin's moment.

Of course and killing them both helps shorten that storyline for next year when Jon is LC. They have a lot to compact next season, Jon has 13 chapters they'll need to condense into one season as I'm almost sure they'll have the stabbing by the end of next season.

ahh yes wow then by the time we are in the 6th season I'm not going to wish to watch anymore it will of been caught up with the books.