Also: I don't find the argument of Stannis's moment being buried terribly persuasive, especially since you could apply that argument to literally any scene. "Arya leaving the Hound won't be as effective because there's so many epic scenes", "Dany chaining her dragons won't be as effective because there's so many epic scenes", etc etc etc. Yes, it's true that Stannis arriving will end up being one epic scene out of many; this description also applies to every other epic scene in the finale. And obviously you can't give each epic scene its own episode. The way I look at it is this: it means the finale will be that much better, because it's one more great scene added to the list of great scenes. Not sure if that kind of optimism is legal here, but that's my 2 cents.

So basically: It's just going to be too epic of an episode. Mind blown.

Ok, so we know for sure the following plotlines will be in next episode:

1. Jon meets Mance.

2. Stannis! Stannis! Stannis!

3. The Mountain's agony and Qyburn's messing about (the actor playing Qyburn said he was appearing in the last episode with Bjornsson)

4. The Hound fights Brienne (WTF?)

5. Twincest

6. Bran meets the Children

7. "Khaleesi" locks the dragons up

8. Cersei speaks with Tywin

9. Tyrion and Jaime

10.Tyrion, Shae and Tywin

Maybe:

1. Stannis offers Winterfell to Jon

2. Lady Stoneheart

So, now, how the f* will they have time to make the battle of the Wall seem lost before Stannis arrives?? And how will they have enough time to give the man his due glory? Will they show us the crushing of the wildlings? How much do D&D hate Stannis?

TBH things are still pretty dire at the wall. with them being big time outnumbered and all. So not really sure how much it'lltake to make things seem hopeless.

I don't agree. Compare to Emilia's pathetic, underwhelming reaction to Ser Jonah's betrayal last week---Kit's performance was magnificent in comparison.

Magnificent, really?

There is no need to compare these two, however, comparing someone banishing their adviser/friend after a betrayal (which I though was a solid piece of acting) and having the only woman you ever loved die in your arms is the wrong comparison.

If you want to do an apples to apples comparison you have to compare it to Dany smothering Drogo at the end of Season 1 http://youtu.be/4zAFHETSTJo Now, that was emotional.

No emotion during Ygritte's death.

Kit just stood there and did nothing other than "welp shit happens I guess!.

I felt the same way with Lena during Joffrey's death, it was just so bad as if Cersei didn't care. ... "I have still 2 children left! It's not a big deal."

So I was definitely confused and a bit disappointed at first over Stannis not arriving, but... the more I think on it, the less I'm bothered. There wasn't any chance of Jon meeting up with Mance happening this episode unless they cut the battle disappointingly short, and with it happening in the next episode, that just means more time for it (both the Mance scene and Stannis's arrival). Everyone saying how it's ruined and how they don't even care anymore are still going to watch the finale and they're still going to be excited and glad when Stannis gets his moment in the sun.

I totally agree with you. Actually I realized that the only reason I was confused about no-Stannis was because I expected Stannis due to reading this forum and people being sure that Stannis will appear. The battle is not over, the synopsis is clear about Stannis appearing in ep.10 but I guess nobody focused on that. If I had no expectations, then I'd have no problem with the ending. It was underwhelming but clearly a "To Be Continued" ending.

It was a great episode, I teared up with Grenn and the others reciting the vow and drawing swords; that tracking shot was awesome; overall I loved it and I'm not a fan of battles and fighting.

I totally agree with you. Actually I realized that the only reason I was confused about no-Stannis was because I expected Stannis due to reading this forum and people being sure that Stannis will appear. The battle is not over, the synopsis is clear about Stannis appearing in ep.10 but I guess nobody focused on that. If I had no expectations, then I'd have no problem with the ending. It was underwhelming but clearly a "To Be Continued" ending.

It was a great episode, I teared up with Grenn and the others reciting the vow and drawing swords; that tracking shot was awesome; overall I loved it and I'm not a fan of battles and fighting.

I was 100% sure Stannis would show up because Neil said that there were going to be 3 battles this episode.

Well imagine my face when the credits began to roll..

I didn't like Ygritte's death. It should take more than one arrow from a little boy to take her down for good. I thought it would've been better for Jon to find her dead after that battle was over.

Maybe we could have seen characters like Noye if they didn't waste time with things like the Grey Worm love story.

The Grenn and Pyp death got to me. Even though it didn't happen in the books. I hope this doesn't mean they will die in tWoW.

And I wish we got to see Jon commanding and leading more to show why he is LC material in the upcoming election.

I got a feeling that Alister will turn out to be honorable when Sam and Gilly reveal Janos hiding during battle, and that's how Snow becomes LC unanimously. So that may be a quick scene in E10 if they do it that way.

The Aemon and Sam scene sucked imo.

No "Stannis, Stannis!". If we don't see this next episode, I'm going to be sad.

Im sad we got no Stannis, especially with it only being like 50 min. It was a great episode though. They have a lot to fit into next episode, the preview looked packed. Plus, theres still the Brianne biting scene.

I felt the same way with Lena during Joffrey's death, it was just so bad as if Cersei didn't care. ... "I have still 2 children left! It's not a big deal."

He showed more emotion in that 1 scene than he did for the entire duration of the books. Jon Snow in the books really didn't give a fuck about Ygirtte's death. He wasn't even sure if it was him or somebody else that shot her down. He was too enthralled into the battle itself.

When he saw Ygritte's dead body, he was just "welp, there goes another dead wilding".

Here's a good illustration of her death in the books imo:

http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/32600000/asoiaf-a-song-of-ice-and-fire-32690632-636-1000.jpg

That is a more accurate representation of what went down.

What's up with Jon being the guy to initate the dishonorable parlay and attempt to kill Mance?

Jon has Stark blood and him coming up with that scheme is so out of character!

Very True.

Maybe Jon will do something more honorable and challenge him to single combat to settle it or something.

You're kidding right? He was in the middle of a fookin' battle! what did you want him to do cry, go and kill the kid? Thats not Jon.

I loved that scene, i thought it was done appropriately

The Aemon and Sam scene sucked imo.

No "Stannis, Stannis!". If we don't see this next episode, I'm going to be sad.

The Sam and Aemon scene was awesome! Except it maybe shouldn't have been in this episode. I think they are setting up they're relationship for next season though

Yeh the chant has to be there

You're kidding right? He was in the middle of a fookin' battle! what did you want him to do cry, go and kill the kid? Thats not Jon.

I loved that scene, i thought it was done appropriately

Well, that happened. Only with more awkward forced eyebrows movements.

Edited by The Red Melli