How would you rate episode 409?  

898 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

OH MY GOD AN OPINION THREAD WHERE PEOPLE GIVE THEIR OPINIONS! You should just stop posting.

Yeah i agree with this. I hate how people bitch why are they giving this episode low when they are giving ten's. I have only given two tens to any GoT and they were Blackwater and Rains of Castamere.

It was the kid smiling at Jon that made it clear.

I am not disagreeing that the emotional parts were sappy. I feel like the episode resolved a very complicated plot at the Wall and left an appropriate entrance for Stannis.

eta: Yes, I tend to be a book purist. Yes, the show sometimes pisses me off. The sept scene proves that. But I do like how they have things set up now for Stannis, Davos and Mel to take over the Wall with their determination and vision. If it doesn't happen in the S4 finale, then it should happen the S5 premiere. JMHO

Edited by DreamSongs

I gave it a 7. It was a good in some parts but it sort of lacked some coherency. Why establish that the Giants can shoot arrows the size of spears up to the top of the Wall and then not resolve that somehow? Why did the Giant stop when the results seemed to be so devastating? If they killed the Giant archer why not show it? it would have been cool if they showed the battle between Grenn and Co. and the Giant. I hated the Ygritte death scene, it was a little melodramatic, that and there was still a battle raging, it didn't make sense for Jon to start grieving under the circumstances. Her getting shot and him coming across the body after the battle was over would have worked better. Thorne was good, I'm not sure about the Slynt being a craven storyline. Have some other minor nitpicks but I'll leave it there.

I gave it a 4 and feel guilty for rating it that high...really was looking forward to this over hyped battle!! how could they have made such a mess of things went completely off the story again. D&D --you are not good writers leave it alone.

The whole great story of north of the wall, wildings, giants, the WWs and wights...totally f--ucked up.

First the cannibal Thenns---the Thenns have an amazing story so why do that?? cannibals??..Alistair Thorne fighting mano y mano to save the wall...Dolorous Ed not being Dolorous Ed Grenn dying Pyp dying the whole thing was so stupid I was screaming at the TV Janos Slynt hiding? one of the worst episodes ever

LOL at all you sour grapes!!!! Reading your reviews you would think this episode was complete garbage, but the ratings look pretty great to me.

Hehe. A 7 is an approriate rating i believe. D&D crazies are more in numbers i guess.

The highest rating this season has been 8, The Mountain vs The Viper.

God that sucked, I know some people liked it but that sucked. Major battle? 20 guys in the yard fighting a lot of guys on the wall standing around and looking, no sense of urgency. And the Wildlings use the worst battle plan ever. The attack consisted of 4 guys climbing the wall, 1 Mammoth, 2 giants and maybe 5 or 6 guys storming the gate with them or poking the mammoths ass with their spears. The guys on the wall killed more of their own than than Mance did. And Mance actually breached the wall with that force. Are you kidding me?

This was all about the battle in the yard where the Wildlings seem to slaughter the 20 men defending it over and over. Yig got 20 kills by herself. Ghost was totally wasted, Ghost vision, quick shot of his mouth, then a long shot of him eating. Apparently Jon needed Ghost to kill one Wildling really badly. Thought Sam was cheesy, don't care if Grenn or Pip die, Gilly is still annoying and can't act. The forward or backward role seems to be the wildling standard for fighting. Jon was ok and had a decent fight scene, thought Thorne was the best in the episode. Honestly just did not feel much emotion it felt bland. CGI was decent, nothing special, really just kind of blah about the whole thing. Nothing really happened except a few secondary characters die who have no emotional attachment too on the show. The cliffhanger I new was coming, and I get it but that doesn't mean it works all that well.

One thing I really couldn't stand was the wildling line, at no point did it look 100,000 strong, maybe 5000 which you know is fine, but for most of the episode whenever they showed them, they were standing there growling and snarling grrrrr, grrrrrr harg, snarl. Was the direction ok guys I need you to act like idiots. And what are they growling at, the men of the Watch are 700 feet up, they can't see your face, you like ants to them and they probably can barely hear you. Some stood there snarling and got shot, and about 10 seconds later after the third or 4th guy gets nailed they all act shocked and back up. This was suppose to be bigger than the Blackwater? Not even close, not even in the ball park.

I give it 4 because Jon and Thorne were solid, it had some solid CGI here and there but for the most part everything around them sucked. Low energy, no emotion, bad acting. And that was not a battle is was friggin skirmish in the training yard.

I am glad some liked but it just did nothing for me, this is episode 9 and that was boring.

This. So much.

People who hated this episode should just stop watching.... The show is different from the books.... get over it.

I love the books as much as anyone, but Stannis wasn't supposed to show up yet anyway....

The production was incredible... Jon's coming out party.... great episode for anyone who doesn't have sex with their Stannis doll

The production value? Lets look at the amazing production shall we?

Mance's 100,00 wildling army:

http://postimg.org/image/np0bpw3st/

Here's the massive army that attecked the wall: (I circled them, because even though its a massive 10 people, its a little hard to see)

http://postimg.org/image/9xl84uo8j/

And the huge battle that breached the gate:

http://postimg.org/image/doculnzwb/

As you can see, there are 5 wildlings, 2 giants, and a mammoth.

Perhaps the production values are great if you are blind, but for those of use with more than 2 brain cells, we aren't willing to accept the absurdity that this "force" could somehow breach a gate, nor are we willing to accept the butchering of a story we love.

Glad you have low expectations and can accept crap.

Here's the massive army that attecked the wall: (I circled them, because even though its a massive 10 people, its a little hard to see)

Perhaps the production values are great if you are blind, but for those of use with more than 2 brain cells, we aren't willing to accept the absurdity that this "force" could somehow breach a gate, nor are we willing to accept the butchering of a story we love.

Ahaha. Waiting for a D&D crazy to arrive and say "Sour Grapes".

DISCLAIMER 1: Not a purist

DISCLAIMER 2: Not a Stannis fan

DISCLAIMER 3: Didn't bother with the deaths...

But this sucked... This really sucked. This didn't suck in "books are better" way, this sucked in "this is bad episode" way...

And unfortunately for the producers, we still do remember Blackwater.

Can't even make myself to vote.

DISCLAIMER 1: Not a purist

DISCLAIMER 2: Not a Stannis fan

DISCLAIMER 3: Didn't bother with the deaths...

But this sucked... This really sucked. This didn't suck in "books are better" way, this sucked in "this is bad episode" way...

And unfortunately for the producers, we still do remember Blackwater.

Can't even make myself to vote.

Neutral opinion here!

Yes I can.

I don't obsess over every episode. I watch for pleasure. If you are technology driven, then great.

If I want to nitpick something, it will be something at work that will lead to better patient outcomes. I pay attention to minor details when it concerns a life, not a TV show.

Edited by DreamSongs

I don't expect everyone to give this a "10" ... I didn't ... but this was the most expensive episode they've ever done... my expectations aren't low... yours are unrealistic....

... "ooooh, I'm a purist, Jon was suppossed to kill that wildling with his left hand, they've ruined everything!!!!.... waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"

Messageboard haters hate just so they can hate.... if you want to give the ep a 4, then OK... if you want to give it a zeo, then stop watching, because it ain't gonna get better.