How would you rate episode 409?  

898 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

The Show is better than the books at this moment.

I really hope they will cut all the lame parts from the next books.

(I heard the next two books are boring and bad ... so i stopped to read)

The show is so popular that they finally can do what they want with the books

Books 4 and 5 are dull and boring if you are a simpleton.

Everyone that is worried about there being too much to do in the finale needs to chill. The episode is supposed to be 66min. Also, I know a lot of you will just roll your eyes at this statement, but D&D have pretty much said the finale next week is the greatest episode they have ever produced, and knowing what's to come I at least believe them (thrum! ). I brought this up before the season started, but does everyone here still think LS will make an appearance? Or is it next season now?

I think if she appears it would be unfair to the character and the rest of the story lines to put her in this season. We have two big finales and some short strings to tie. She would be a second boom out of nowhere. We know Bran is headed for something awesome, we know Tyrions arc is going to go somewhere big but not where ( as TV watchers) but putting LS on top of it - well if they did it with minimal explanation that could work -like a wtf scene - but Fairley is busy blowing up London.

I might rubberneck at an accident, but I wouldn't actively seek one out to view once a week, 10 weeks of the year for 8 years...

Well, the first year I loved it, the second year I was disappointed, the third year I was angry and this year I'm just trying to have fun.

But eight years.......I don't think so. Next year I think will be the tipping point for me and possibly others. I know from watching anime

people tend to drift away during long filler arcs (like Naruto) and I think there will be a lot of filler next year unless Martin kicks it into

high gear. What's left? Stannis at the Wall, Dany in Meereen (always good times), Tyrion's travels, Arya at Faceless Man Hogwarts,

Cersei's machinations against Margaery, Robert Strong, Dorne and Martells, Theon and Ramsay's Excellent Adventures at Winterfell

........It seems like a lot of material. But they'd have to use all of it and their track record is to throw away scads of the books with both

hands. Unless LS shows up, Brienne is pretty much done. Balon's still alive so we haven't introduced Euron or Victarion Greyjoy and

the overly precise number of the ships Dario mentions to Dany puts that whole plot line in question. Fake Arya? We've already

headed to Winterfell without her. Riverrun and Edmure seem to have been forgotten so I don't know if Jaime will go on his travels.

And will they want to use everything they have next season without some firm commitment from Martin that the next book is ready

to publish in the near future? And since Martin's editor seemed to call him out in the media the other day to get busy and protect

his legacy (from HBO was the implication) that doesn't seem likely. So, we'll just have to see.

Without Stannis an 8. They also managed to make Thorne a hero and Slynt a clearly a coward. I don't mind the deaths of characters that they are still alive in the book and even though the death of Ingrid was much more romantic I still can live with it, but Stannis not coming and saving the day was a big error because even if he comes in the next episode, everyone will have their minds in the coming events and not Stannis.

Not really, just a difference of opinion.

It's sad when people take it so personally when seeing/hearing an alternate viewpoint that they resort to insults.

I'm too scared of the expression on your avatar's face to add anything. :ack:

Without Stannis an 8. They also managed to make Thorne a hero and Slynt a clearly a coward. I don't mind the deaths of characters that they are still alive in the book and even though the death of Ingrid was much more romantic I still can live with it, but Stannis not coming and saving the day was a big error because even if he comes in the next episode, everyone will have their minds in the coming events and not Stannis.

Did you mean Ygritte? :)

And quite honestly, the non-book-readers won't know about Stannis showing up. All they saw was Jon deciding to go on a dangerous mission (without Ghost, apparently!), and the trailer for next week having Mance state that he will see to it that every Night's Watchmen is dead (can't remember the exact quote). The book-readers know what is coming, but not all who watch the show have read the books, to be fair.

Gave it an 8. The past couple of weeks the dialogue just hasn't seemed that great and I thought it detracted from the first twenty minutes or so. Didn't like Pyp and Grenn dying although I wouldn't knock off serious points for that (well maybe half a point for Grenn).

I did like the 360 degree continuous shot of the battle in the courtyard, thought that was fantastic. And I may be alone in this but I kinda liked what they did with Thorne, to me it did something the books never really did (that I can recall) by validating why Mormont had him as the NW drill sergeant.

And I know, I know where the CGI budget went for this episode but if you're gonna let Ghost out, you gotta let him out a bit more than that.

I'm surprised to see that 248 people gave this episode a score of 10. Meaning they thought every aspect of ep9 was perfect in every way.

Also, about half of the people dropped their 10 vote to a 9, because Stannis didn't arrive in this episode .... which also means they thought everything this episode actually contained, was perfect.

So roughly 320 voters thought episode 9 was perfect in every single way.

Really?!! 320 people thought the contents of this episode was perfection :wacko: :huh:

I'm surprised to see that 248 people gave this episode a score of 10. Meaning they thought every aspect of ep9 was perfect in every way.

Also, about half of the people dropped their 10 vote to a 9, because Stannis didn't arrive in this episode .... which also means they thought everything this episode actually contained, was perfect.

So roughly 320 voters thought episode 9 was perfect in every single way.

Really?!! 320 people thought the contents of this episode was perfection :wacko: :huh:

And I'm surprised so many people gave this a 1 or a 2 based on the fact that Stannis didn't arrive.

People vote how they want- you don't have to agree with the overall consensus, but that doesn't mean anyone is wrong. It just means some people like something different than you do.

Edited by sj4iy

Vote: 5 to 6. Impression: who cares?

Again again and again, boring irrelevant fillers instead of a proper build up, that in this case has been missed all season. Maybe they should have let Mance (who?) deal with the mutineers and Bran, while the NW organized their defence (+ Noye!).

This episode was about the bravery of a few NW brothers holding the wall through impossible odds.

But that takes strategies and tactics. Instead, we got disorganization and Hollywood clichés.

You have the wall. - No, you have the wall. - And now, you. - But I want to fight below and show off. - I want, too! - And I'm going to hold the gate with no advantageous weaponry.

Another cliche:
Book!Ygritte dies like a warrior. In the show, no matter how tough and skilled she is, she dies as Jon's lover, due to a moment of emotional hesitation, killed by a boy so that he becomes a man.

Sam and Gilly: gah. He is a hero all of a sudden and she's all needy.

The whole battle for the Wall felt empty. 1 mammoth and two giants just looked comical. Some CGI could have went far. Dany gets thousands of Unsullied and tons of catapults yet Mance gets a few climbers and some chains.

I liked the design of the Giants and the Mammoths. As you said, they should have placed a lot more people around them.

Favorite parts of the ep: Thorne and Tortmund - they both had great presence in their scenes.

Edited by 7th-key

Well, the first year I loved it, the second year I was disappointed, the third year I was angry and this year I'm just trying to have fun.

But eight years.......I don't think so. Next year I think will be the tipping point for me and possibly others. I know from watching anime

people tend to drift away during long filler arcs (like Naruto) and I think there will be a lot of filler next year unless Martin kicks it into

high gear. What's left? Stannis at the Wall, Dany in Meereen (always good times), Tyrion's travels, Arya at Faceless Man Hogwarts,

Cersei's machinations against Margaery, Robert Strong, Dorne and Martells, Theon and Ramsay's Excellent Adventures at Winterfell

........It seems like a lot of material. But they'd have to use all of it and their track record is to throw away scads of the books with both

hands. Unless LS shows up, Brienne is pretty much done. Balon's still alive so we haven't introduced Euron or Victarion Greyjoy and

the overly precise number of the ships Dario mentions to Dany puts that whole plot line in question. Fake Arya? We've already

headed to Winterfell without her. Riverrun and Edmure seem to have been forgotten so I don't know if Jaime will go on his travels.

And will they want to use everything they have next season without some firm commitment from Martin that the next book is ready

to publish in the near future? And since Martin's editor seemed to call him out in the media the other day to get busy and protect

his legacy (from HBO was the implication) that doesn't seem likely. So, we'll just have to see.

OMG!!! That is such a terrible sign. We're probably looking at 2016-2017 release date for Winds. This is so INFURIATING!

Edited by TheWhiteRabbit

I don't think to vote a 10 is saying the episode was perfect. Even my top 10 movies and tv episodes of all time are not in a word perfect. I vote a 10 if I believe it's one of the best episodes of TV I've seen and/or if it stands out as one of the best episodes of the series.

I'm the same way. Nothing's perfect, but nothing ever will be. For me, it just means that the flaws were so minor in relation to the rest of the episode that they are barely noticeable. Also, if an episode grips me from start to finish, it's a 10 for me.

My first 10/10 for an GOT episode. Still laughing at so called bookreaders thinking stannis shows up at the night siege when he comes during the day siege lmao.

Yep a reread might be in order for many....

Jon is one of the main characters if not thee main character Stannis is a player but not a main player.. He will come rest assured there would be huge hole in the story if he doesn't show up at the wall..