Sign in to follow this  

How would you rate episode 409?  

896 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

I love this show! I started watching it before I read the books and it was Joffrey's death that prompted me to finally start reading. Unfortunately, I read about the defence of the Wall before I saw this episode. What a crummy episode! In about an hour they crammed every Hollywood action movie cliché into ASoIaF. The crap between Jon and Igrette was ridiculously overblown and the casting of Ser Allser as a capable and believable battle commander contradicted everything that we saw about the character up to that point.

Overall, even after reading the books I am very impressed with a Game of Thrones (The Mountain and the Viper was perfect), but this single episode was poor and well beneath the standards set for the rest of the show.

I love this show! I started watching it before I read the books and it was Joffrey's death that prompted me to finally start reading. Unfortunately, I read about the defence of the Wall before I saw this episode. What a crummy episode! In about an hour they crammed every Hollywood action movie cliché into ASoIaF. The crap between Jon and Igrette was ridiculously overblown and the casting of Ser Allser as a capable and believable battle commander contradicted everything that we saw about the character up to that point.

Overall, even after reading the books I am very impressed with a Game of Thrones (The Mountain and the Viper was perfect), but this single episode was poor and well beneath the standards set for the rest of the show.

I have to agree with this completely. Still LOVE the show, this episode really failed me.

Wanted to see Stannis's arrival on the wall but looks like they are going to extend that to the season finale.

Also, why are these episodes ending nearly 10 minutes early?

10 minutes early?

I thought this episode was amazing.

10. This is one of the best episodes they've ever done. (and omg that Giant w/ the bow and arrow kill!) I still wish Stannis would've gotten to save the day at the end of this episode, but it was too solid for me to completely fault it.