Best Lines [and kills] of 409

I liked the giant scythe as well but I can't stop wondering whether the Night's Watch truly has the possibility to build something like that.

They had centuries to do it ;)

As for me, I think the best kill was probably the suicide-by-oil. I mean, smart fellas ;)

And the best fight was the one we didn't see. The show really has a penchant for making lame-ish words turn into battlecries (Robb's Winter is Coming, the NW oath now).

Sam: What was she like?

Jon: She ... she had red hair.

Sam: Oh? How big were her feet?

Dwl

:lol: Sam stole the episode imo.

I also liked his exchange with Pyp at the gate,

Sam ~ "Pyp open the gate"

Pyp ~ "I can't, Thorne gave me strict orders to not open the gate"

Sam~ "Open the fucking gate"

Pyp ~ "I never heard you curse before"

Sam ~ " Yes, well best get used to it" :cool4:

Now that I think about it, this episode was full of amazing moments. And even though there wasn't much dialogue, most of it was golden. Like Sam speaking about how he managed to kill the White Walker, Ygritte's last words, Grenn rallying the other ones in the face of certain death, Alliser's speech etc. I feel Alliser and Sam were the standout characters of this episode. Sorry, Jon.

As for kills, there certainly were many great ones. Jon getting the anvil and Styr getting the hammer was a nice one. The giant's arrow was visually pleasing. But that scythe, man, that was cool and unexpected.

And everything Dolorous Edd says is pure gold.

Best kills:
Giant archer: visually tasty
Three finger hobb FINALLY introduced and as a badass to boot! casually walking out the kitchens to lay waste to wildings with his god damn meat cleaver!
Grenn and his fellow 5 nights watchmen vs Mag the mighty
The anchor scythe
Hon mention: Pyp and hammerhead thenn (all i thought as the hammer hit the thenn was "stop, hammer time" Yeahh i like to think of bad puns as they die)

Best line:
Grenns nights watch vow
Anything from allister thorne and dol edd
The beginning of tormunds bear story (that was shamelessly cut off)

Hon mention: Janos slynts fear induced ramblings (LOVED seeing him so craven)
and the small interaction between pyp and sam before pyps' death.

Archived