Best Lines [and kills] of 409

I loved the Giant's arrow kill! It made me say "whoah!" out loud, and it was like a Fatality from Mortal Kombat the way you followed the guy all the way down to his bone crushing end.

Lines, I don't know what they fed Sam this week but I loved just about everything he said in this episode.

Also, Thorne - never thought they could make him likable but seeing him in action gave me a new respect for the man even if he is a cunt.

Pyp and Grenn's deaths got me in the feels but Pyp's was the worst because you just had that little positive moment where he finally hits someone then BAM, arrow through his neck. Grenn's death was more of a slow, "oh man he didn't make it" feel to it that was really bittersweet after he and his 5 buddies manage to keep the giant from breaching the Gate.

KILLS

1. Ygritte

2. Pyp by Ygritte

3. Grenn and Company by the Giant (Donal Noye love)

4. Sam slaying the Wildling Orc

5. The Scythe . .

LINES

"Open the ____ gate!!" Sam was awesome

"No one wants to hear about the Bear you never ___!" Ygritte

"Put him in chains." Jon locking up Tormmund Thunderfist

"Where's Stannis?" Me to HBO after the episode . .

I actually liked a lotta lines in this episode. Thorne and Sam were the champions of badass shouts and funny quips respectfully and Ygritte being filled to the rim with piss and vinegar was also great. Jon calling for the arrival of Ghost "i need him more than i need you" was perhaps my personal favorite but the man of the match for me was Grenn. Thorne and Tormund are veterans, of course they are badass (even if they both outdid themselves) and Sam did surprisingly well now he's caried by the power of love, but Grenn was the man for me. Acknowledging Slynt as bad commander and sending him off, fighting the good fight, feeling the importance of certain orders and inspiring courage in the folks around him. He died a badass and probably had the best kill of the episode. Too bad we didn't see it. What we did see was his vows and for me that was the best line of the episode. Hands down.

The giant wielding that houwitzer-bow made for the best kill.

The funny-

Sam- "How big were her feet?"

Jon- "Well I don't know, I'm not a bleeding poet!" and "THERE ARE GIANTS RIDING MAMOTHS DOWN THERE!" :lol:

The interaction between Sam and Pyp (before he dies).

The badass-

Grenn- "The Gods aren't here. The six of us are" (the whole reciting Vow scene was amazing)

Ed- "Lets enjoy our last night. LIGHT THE F*CKERS UP!" :cool4:

Thorne- "Do you want to fill the belly of a Thenn tonight?" speech. There is nothing like the threat of cannibalism to inspire!

Sam- " Pyp, open the F*CKING gate!"

The wise-

Aemon- "Love is the death of duty"

Thorne talking about how a Commander can't afford to doubt himself.

Sam considering the wording of the NW oath. He has a point!

There were even romantic ones with Sam/Gilly, Aemon and Jon/Ygritte.

Seriously, this episode was overflowing with good lines! How can anyone say there were none!?

I was definitely rooting for Alliser Thorne in an unexpected way.

I also felt like Jon spitting blood in Styr's face during their fight was reminiscent of the move that Karl Tanner pulled on him at Craster's. Like maybe there was a lesson in there about fighting with "honor" in the traditional sense vs. improvising in the trenches.

Best line is in my sig XD. But I also liked Aemon's line about seeing his lost love and how she was 'more real' than Sam.

Favorite death...that's HARD, lol. Jon Snow was definitely badass if the night, and his takedown of Styr was perfect...but I also have to give props to Grenn for going down like he did, defending the gate.

The Giant's Missile. makes me wonder why didnt Mance have 20 giants shooting those goddamned arrows, blasting the NW halfway to winterhell.

The Chain Kill was awesome.

Best was the look on Pyp's eyes just when he go one of the wildlings.

So hard to choose the best:

Sam was gold with everything that came out of his mouth. Favs were: "Open the f***ing gate Pyp!" and "That's what a man does"

Thorne redeemed himself with that fight with Tormund, along with his speech.

The wildings and thenns around the fire waiting for the signal fire

Best laugh out loud moment: the mammoth with his ass on fire trampling everything in sight.

Best crying moment: Grenn and company reciting the Oath as the waited for sudden death.

Biggest WTF: Slynt "There are no giants," as the giants race to pull the gate open.

More deserved moment: Ygritte's death. And the nod from Olly to Jon was priceless. Karma isn't always a bitch, sometimes it a kid with a grudge.

I thought all the fight sequences were awesome, and Ghost just made the victory even sweeter. I wasn't upset with Stannis not arriving yet, but I know some people are really hot about it. I will say that was the fastest hour of GoT to date. It sucks the season finale is almost here, but man - these past two episodes have been pure awesomeness.

And Oh yeah - "You know nothing Jon Snow"

Best kill - how can there be a doubt? After swaggering, gloating, and eating his way across the North, Styr got a hammer in the skull.

But so many amazing moments - the Scythe was awesome, and the nuclear giant arrow strike, and the Ghost kill were all beautiful.

Great script - very underrated for this episode.

Thorne: "Do you plan to die today?" "No!" "That's very good to hear!"

"Does nock mean draw?"

And of course, all of Sam's moments. It was really his show.

Best kills:

Giant archer: visually tasty

Three finger hobb FINALLY introduced and as a badass to boot! casually walking out the kitchens to lay waste to wildings with his god damn meat cleaver!

Grenn and his fellow 5 nights watchmen vs Mag the mighty

The anchor scythe

Hon mention: Pyp and hammerhead thenn (all i thought as the hammer hit the thenn was "stop, hammer time" Yeahh i like to think of bad puns as they die)

Well why do you think Stannis saw him as Lord Commander material?

Archived