Best Lines [and kills] of 409

Well why do you think Stannis saw him as Lord Commander material?

True, True. At least if Hobb stays in the show now he can have a little more recognition, as in the books he only kept the garrison fed, whereas in the show he was a bamf nonchalantly killing wildings :)

Yeah, confusing!

It didn't mean that he was going to kill anyone, it meant that Tormund was going to die fighting. He meant his own end, not that he would end others.

It didn't mean that he was going to kill anyone, it meant that Tormund was going to die fighting. He meant his own end, not that he would end others.

I agree.

I've been wondering all season what they were going to do with Tormund being on the wrong side of the Wall. I guess they'll just keep him captive and use him to negotiate the wildlings' surrender/peaceful walk through the Wall.

Sam was great and surprisingly so was Thorne.

I loved the giant with the arrow.

Too many to mention them all.

Sam, "open the FUCKING gate!!!!"...Pyp pissed himself a little I think!

Sam, to Pyp after he finally killed someone, "well is it over?..No...well then get back to it!

Almost everything Thorne said and did in this episode. Especially, we are not going to die today Lord Snow. You can go on hating me and I can go on wishing your wildling bitch killed you. Like a Boss.

As if that wasn't enough, Thorne sees Tormund and recognizes he is the baddest kid on the playground and he goes right for him, total bad ass move.

Giant with the arrow was amazing, loved it as much as the scythe.

Have to admit I was wondering who Jon was sending Sam to get, I didn't even think about Ghost. Loved seeing him in action.

Giants riding mammoths into battle, can't stay much truer to the books can you!

I have to say it's ironic that some people think that the dialogue was the weak part of the episode, yet we have pages and pages of awesome quotes XD Maybe they aren't that original, but god, were they great.

Thorne and the actor portraying him stole the show. His line delivery was amazing, just really had the presence of an asshole who can shame you into working harder. I also loved that he's obviously 50+ in the show against a Tormund that looks closer to his thirties, he did pretty freaking well for a man of his age, something I wish they would use Selmy for more often (Though the actor for Selmy doesn't seem to be in the same shape and is much older) and from seeing Stannis running people through. Some of the old dogs still have it!

I PROMISE YOU, WHEN THE NIGHT ENDS, CASTLE BLACK WILL NOT FALL! WITH ME AT THEM! AT THEM WITH ME!

I definitely loved Grenn and the bunch defending the gate. I always liked Grenn and, even though he was killed prematurely in the show, this is doing him a greater honour than the books do. From the whole series, I always maintained that Donal Noye (a one-armed blacksmith in the books who turned out to singlehandedly stop Mag Mar, best warrior of all the giants, in the tunnel, and died along with him) was the bravest character in the entire book series. Sure, you have people brave in less superficial ways like Dany, Sansa, Davos, etc... but no fucking way would any of them singlehandedly face the king of giants with one arm in a crowded tunnel.

Anyway, they gave that honour to Grenn (which wasn't as much of an honour considering he had four guys backing him up, has both of his arms, and faced just some random giant rather than Mag Mar, king of the giants) which is cool (and a hell of a lot more realistic BTW). When you think about it, Oberyn's challenge pales in comparison to Grenn's.

It did throw me off, though. I was completely expecting Donal Noye's role to be replaced by the leader of the builders who, in episode 7, was asked to give the final ruling on whether or not the tunnel should be blocked, and looking nervous (not wanting to displease Alliser Thorne), said "no". I thought he was going to feel overwhelmingly guilty for his call, to the point that he would take the stance on his own. Plus he kinda reminded me of Noye.

I loved Alliser Thorne this episode.

'I said nock and hold, you cunts! Does nock mean draw? Does fucking hold mean fucking drop? You all plan to die here tonight? That's very good to hear! Draw!' ... 'What are you fucking waiting for? LOOSE!'

Grenn reciting the Night's Watch vows gave me goosebumps, really well done.

Still sad Tormund didn't get to tell his story about fucking a bear though - now that would've provided us with some epic quotes :p

I loved Alliser Thorne this episode.

'I said nock and hold, you cunts! Does nock mean draw? Does fucking hold mean fucking drop? You all plan to die here tonight? That's very good to hear! Draw!' ... 'What are you fucking waiting for? LOOSE!'

Grenn reciting the Night's Watch vows gave me goosebumps, really well done.

Still sad Tormund didn't get to tell his story about fucking a bear though - now that would've provided us with some epic quotes :P

I don't know, "I know you never fucked a bear. I don't want to hear about the bear you didn't fuck" is pretty epic XD

I don't know, "I know you never fucked a bear. I don't want to hear about the bear you didn't fuck" is pretty epic XD

Agreed, it really was - I laughed out loud at that. But there's no denying that at the same time, you were wondering what became of Sheila :p

Agreed, it really was - I laughed out loud at that. But there's no denying that at the same time, you were wondering what became of Sheila :P

Well, Tormund's still alive and he's a captive, so we just may yet :D

Lines

1. after they dropped the anchor "Host her back up" though to be fair Edd is only ever second to Bronn.

2. Grenn's vow

3. all of Thorne, bc he was not only not an ass but a dam hero!

Kills

1. Styr bc i was just telling my wife how badass Jon was with his sword, and...... HAMMER TIME!

2. GPA giant propelled arrow

3. MAG and Gren

"pyp, open the fucking gate" or something like that from Sam.

"with me now, now with me" from Thorne.

That little kids head nod. Im positive he killed more wildlings with that nod than with that bow. The nod that saved the wall. Beware nods in the dark. When you play the game of thrones you nod or you die. Edd, Fetch me a nod. I'm done.

"with me now, now with me!" that was one of the best ones! and the kids head nod HA! never like ygritte

Archived