Best Lines [and kills] of 409

Well best line sorry my bad. I was thinking best Death was the topic. Best line's was Tyrion Requesting Trial by combat. Then there was Arya's lines to the Lannister Soldier she stabs in the throat and lastly Dany and Sir Barristans conversation about Mercy. Thsoe were my favorite Entire series lines but in this episode was Sam saying It doesn't say we can't have sex just father no children stuff. Also I liked the Line John Snow saying yes you should have to Turmond about The Wall buisness.

Sammy: Open the f****g gate!

Pyp: I have never heard you swear.

Sammy: Well get used to it!

Because Sammy.

:agree:

And once again Sammy: "I'm not nothing anymore."

Best kills.

- the mammoth

- Ygritte (sadly, of course I knew it had to happen)

- Styr's death

- the giant firing with his great bow

"Go ahead and say it if you like. We should have sealed up the tunnel when we had the chance.... Like You Suggested."

"It was a difficult decision either way."

Thorne conceding "Lord Snow" knows what he's talking about and Jon taking the high road in response. I am so down with Thorne and Jon forging respect if not like in this canonical go-round and was really jazzed to see it really start to happen. For however long or short it may actually last.

Also basically everything else Thorne said throughout the night.

And Jon's second "...Hold The Gate" to Grenn, because he totally knows he's sending Grenn off to die. And that he has to do it anyway.

"Do you know what leadership means, Lord Snow? It means that the person in charge gets second-guessed by every clever little twat with a mouth."

"But if he second guesses himself, it's all over. For him, for the clever little twat, for everyone. But This Is Not The End. "

Man that exchange is going to be so awesome in the future when their positions are reversed and it's Jon giving the orders. Thorne second guessing him and Jon reminding him of what he said leadership is. Gonna be looking forward to that all through season 5.

Also,

"Might as well enjoy our last night, eh boys? LIGHT THOSE FUCKERS UP!" Fucking love Edd stepping up and rising to the occasion. Would Make A Terrible Lord Commander MY ASS; Edd is born to it. Slightly less awesome but much more Edd-like was his final "Don't cheer too loud boys, they still outnumber us 1000 to 1."

I have to admit, before this episode I thought Ser Alliser Thorne was as giant twat, but never has a man been so low (in my esteem) and climbed so high so fast than Ser Alliser this night...

"I said nock and hold you cunts!" "Does nock mean draw?"

"NO!!"

"Does hold mean drop?"

"NO!!"

"Do you plan to die tonight?"

"NO!!"

"That's good to hear...now DRAW!!"

That's a gunnery if I ever heard one.

Another gem by Ser Alliser:

"Brothers...a hundred generations have defended this wall...she will not fall tonight."

[channeling Tyrion's Blackwater speech]

"Those are Thenns at our wall. They eat the flesh of the men they kill. Do you want to fill the belly of a Thenn tonight?"

"NO!!"

"Tonight we fight. And when the sun rises I promise you Castle Black will stand. The Night's Watch will STAND!!"

"With me now...NOW WITH ME!!"

That's how you go out like a mother fucking boss...

ETA: I can't believe I forgot the best part.

Also Edd really stepped up this episode...my favorite from Mr. Dolorous:

Jon: "They won't summit before dawn."

Grenn: "How do you know that?"

Jon: "Because I made that climb."

Edd: "I think they are in a bigger hurry than you were."

True Dat Eddy...

"Love is the death of duty" -Maester Aemon

You know that one seemed kind of slim... sort of like "Whatever is Dead may Never Die"... makes me always think of Buckaroo Banzai "Wherever you go there you are."

No line or kill was better than that Giant's arrow and the poor poor sod on the other end of it!!! BRUTAL! :eek: :ack: :devil:

I know this makes me a terrible human being, and I'm probably going to burn in some nasty pit for all eternity in the afterlife ... but I laughed so hard and for so long at that.

I am a fan of Wun Wun, so might I get some grace for cheering that particular giant on, hmmm?

I know this makes me a terrible human being, and I'm probably going to burn in some nasty pit for all eternity in the afterlife ... but I laughed so hard and for so long at that.

I am a fan of Wun Wun, so might I get some grace for cheering that particular giant on, hmmm?

I think I yelled "Holy Shit!" when that happened. I can't think of a better way to kick off the battle than something so epic XD

Hahaha that nod and his one-foot-on-the-monitor stance is just brilliant with the song.

As for kills - not actually a kill, but it could have been - The Thenn (is he actually called Styr in the show, or is he just a Styr proxy?) could have killed Jon easily by smashing his head against the anvil repeatedly - instead he's like 'right, only need to do that once, now I'm gonna chuck you through the fire - not in it, mind, just through it. Now that you're right by the fire, I'll pick you up, but instead of holding you down in the flames, I'll just look at you a bit, giving you just enough time to grab a hammer and...'

Archived