Best Lines [and kills] of 409

I know this makes me a terrible human being, and I'm probably going to burn in some nasty pit for all eternity in the afterlife ... but I laughed so hard and for so long at that.

I am a fan of Wun Wun, so might I get some grace for cheering that particular giant on, hmmm?

As I watched, seeing the wildlings' arrows falling pitifully short was an interesting moment - I sort of nodded and thought "well, of course", and then the giant steps up with his bow and "What's he... Oh... OH F**K !" That was even before he shot - once he did, I have to say I had that sort of graveyard laughter as well.

As I watched, seeing the wildlings' arrows falling pitifully short was an interesting moment - I sort of nodded and thought "well, of course", and then the giant steps up with his bow and "What's he... Oh... OH F**K !" That was even before he shot - once he did, I have to say I had that sort of graveyard laughter as well.

Thank goodness I'm not the only one.

My husband shook his head and said that I wasn't supposed to be cheering for the Evil Emperor and his stormtroopers (you know, the guys that can't hit the side of a barn?).

Pfft! I said. That giant rocked it. Then died, alas. :sniffle:

Thank goodness I'm not the only one.

My husband shook his head and said that I wasn't supposed to be cheering for the Evil Emperor and his stormtroopers (you know, the guys that can't hit the side of a barn?).

Pfft! I said. That giant rocked it. Then died, alas. :sniffle:

But he will always be remembered. I really liked that I was rooting for Tormund, Ygritte AND the Night's Watch. It's nice that we have seen both sides of the story, and we don't want them to die (yeah, even Ygritte).

But he will always be remembered. I really liked that I was rooting for Tormund, Ygritte AND the Night's Watch. It's nice that we have seen both sides of the story, and we don't want them to die (yeah, even Ygritte).

I think I developed a split personality disorder watching that episode. At the very same time I was cheering for both Tormund and Alliser ... I don't know what the heck to think of my new-found admiration for Alliser! :shakes fist at D&D, Neil Marshall and Owen Teale:

Hobb- the cook was badass

Hot pie has competition

I caught Three Fingered Hobb's brief cameo whilst defending the kitchen too. So much awesome. He was only outdone by Olly feathering Ygritte and nodding over to Jon like "no problem brah".

I was hoping to hear Pyp make some crack about breakfast arrows but we all know how that went.

Grenn reciting the Night's Watch vows and rallying the troops to hold the inner gate was very inspiring and a thrill to watch.

RIP Aurochs and Pypar. You had one job! And you performed magnificently.

Is this the best rallying call of the series yet? Right up there IMO.

"Brothers! A hundred generations have defended this castle. She has never fallen before and she will not fall tonight. Those are Thenns on our walls, they eat the flesh of the men they kill! Do you want to fill the belly of a Thenn tonight? Tonight we fight! And when the sun rises, I promise you, Castle Black will stand! The Night's Watch will stand! With me now, now with me!"

• 2 weeks later...

I just love how this show uses the word cunt . It's the best curse word ever, and I appreciate it's usage immensely.

Sir Allister Thorne Excellent Battle prep talks and general Badassery were a pleasant sight...

He had the best line right before the Thenns and tormud arrive

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived