(Show spoilers) how could they kill...

They had to kill them because they made the mistake of not including other recognizable Wall characters.

IMO this is why they should have made Locke switch allegiance to Jon. He could have easily died here instead of Grenn.

They had to kill them because they made the mistake of not including other recognizable Wall characters.

IMO this is why they should have made Locke switch allegiance to Jon. He could have easily died here instead of Grenn.

Yeah but nobody would give a shit if Locke died. I think Grenn was pretty much a marked man since the first previews came out, possibly before. He went out in a great way. Pyp on the other hand didn't have to go at all. That was my only nit-pick with the episode besides the obvious one.

I really think the show should cast one new brother of the Night's Watch who'll be the voice, face and blade of Jon's opposition next season and to make up to all those deaths.

I didn't mind their deaths; they were emotional and added to the tragic scale of the battle. Plus, they have little to no parts in future storylines. I only wish that their characters were built up a bit. My SO thought that Pyp's death was much sadder than Ygritte's.

I'm not too fussed. I never cared much for them as characters, and there was always a high possibility that D&D would decide to kill off non-important characters earlier than in the books.

I'm just glad it wasn't Alliser Thorne, because I think he still has a fairly important role to play.

I'm not too fussed. I never cared much for them as characters, and there was always a high possibility that D&D would decide to kill off non-important characters earlier than in the books.

I'm just glad it wasn't Alliser Thorne, because I think he still has a fairly important role to play.

me too I never understood how people thought the election would work without Thorne. Also shocked how many people seemed to think Thorne died, when he was telling his men to fight a large stannis. Seemed clearly alive to me

Yeah but nobody would give a shit if Locke died. I think Grenn was pretty much a marked man since the first previews came out, possibly before. He went out in a great way. Pyp on the other hand didn't have to go at all. That was my only nit-pick with the episode besides the obvious one.

I disagree, it was a battle, people die, he put his head up, end of story. I liked it.

During Pyp's death scene I actually grabbed my husband's hand 'cause I needed his support in case I had to endure Grenn's death scene. I was spared the trauma, but still ...

Still very, very sad. :(

Mark Stanley would have been magnificent as Edmure Tully. There, I said it

Dude was awesome and will be sorely missed. And Pyp as well

And Tormund. He was mercilessly assassinated in this episode too ;)

Dolorous Edd will definitly have a more expanded role next year. I'm really glad of this and loved him this episode.

But I am still so sad for Pyp.

Grenn's death is heroic as hell !

Tormund will calm down later I hope and be more open to talks with Jon. He has too considering all there is to come.

Archived