"Positive Nitpicking" - What you loved about the episode [NO SPOILERS]

Once again, filling in for shiola because she isn't here to post this.

What did you love about this episode? From the smallest background detail to an obvious character moment, everything is fair game! This is a hate-free zone to shamelessly gush over everything you love about the series.

And, for the love of the Mother, remember..

NO SPOILERS MEANS NO SPOILERS

- no hinting

- no predictions

- no vague statements

(UNLESS IT IS UNDER A SPOILER TAG)

This is an oasis of love and fangirling/fanboying/fanpersoning. Have fun!

Everything...this is now my favorite episode ever. I don't care if there were clichés or if I could tell who would die, I thought the action was great, the pacing was great and the asskicking was off the charts. Scythes, hammers to the head, giant archers, people dying off who didn't in the books...just loved it. Thorne was amazing. I've always liked him in the show, but this just cemented it for me.

And Jon Snow...wow, they did a great job with him taking command and just finally getting to kick some fucking ass, it was great. And I actually did like Ygritte's death here...I liked that they took a quiet moment for it among all of the chaos around them. I also like that it's Jon making the decision to sacrifice himself to try and kill Mance instead of being sent out. Nice change, it really solidifies how dead inside he feels from losing Ygritte.

I liked a lot about this episode, but here are a few things

The Wall's defenses (barrels, scorpions, guys with bows hanging from the edge, and of course the massive anchor)

The great camera work and bird's eye views - especially the part when the camera moves around Castle Black showing all the little skirmishes and duels going on

The walking ballistae i.e. giant with a bow

Thorne vs Tormund

Jon vs Styr

Grenn's final recital of the oath

Maester Aemon and Sam

+ Maester Aemon & Sam

+ Janos Slynt being a wuss

+ Allister Thorne getting some love, one of the characters that is improved from books to the show.

+ Tormund, Jon Snow, & Allister getting some badass moments

+ Giants & Mammoths

Archived