"Positive Nitpicking" - What you loved about the episode [NO SPOILERS]

I read the books, knew what was coming, but still couldn't sit still and watched the last half hour standing in front of the tv. For me, this one was far better than Blackwater, and I can't think of a single thing I didn't like or that bothered me. Easily my favorite episode ( so far!)

Everything.

However...

A big shout out to Kit Harrington for this episode. He's cemented my love for him as Jon Snow. They haven't always given Jon the best material in the show (Season 2 and a good portion of Season 3), but I'm glad they did him justice by focusing solely on The Wall - and Kit hit it out of the park! Screw the haters; I'll always enjoy The Wall much more than King's Landing.

My favourite book character, now much closer to becoming my favourite show character.

I really liked this episode, I think I might prefer it to Blackwater. Kit was great the fight between him and Styr was very well done. I also loved the glimpse of Ghost that we got, and Master Aemon talking to Sam. Other awesome things about this episode were Thorne, and Tormund still standing and fighting and his quote to Jon before being dragged away.

ALLISER. FOOKIN. THORNE.

I said knock and hold you cunts!! Does knock mean draw??? NO SIR/ Does fucking hold mean fucking drop????NO SIR / You all plan to die here tonight??? NO SIR/ That's very good to hearbiggrin.gif DRAW!!!!!!

I liked a lot about this episode, but here are a few things

The Wall's defenses (barrels, scorpions, guys with bows hanging from the edge, and of course the massive anchor)

The great camera work and bird's eye views - especially the part when the camera moves around Castle Black showing all the little skirmishes and duels going on

The walking ballistae i.e. giant with a bow

Thorne vs Tormund

Jon vs Styr

Grenn's final recital of the oath

Maester Aemon and Sam

What i also loved in particular(loved the whole episode)

Jon dropping the hammer on Styr`s head.

Thorne vs Tormund.

Tormund going all rampage.

Everything related to giants.

Grenn going out like a total boss.

The walls defense, the scythe thing was awesome!

Jon and Yigrete:(

* Alliser redeeming himself somewhat. Very well conceived and well acted. I actually rooted for him. :D

* Jon's fight with the Magnar was one of the show's best. Much better executed than the Viper/Mountain fight.

* Sam power-smooching Gilly. Did not see that coming but I cheered.

It was a great episode, I loved everything in it more or less. The giants and the mammoth, Thorne's speech, Jon's fighting moves, the stupid Slynt, the anchor, the panoramic shot ending with Tormund Har Har-ing, Sam's lines, Ollie's like-a-boss look after shooting Ygritte.

If I had to pick the best aspects of it imo, then Grenn and the others reciting the vows and drawing the swords would probably come first. I actually teared up at the scene. Also, the release of Ghost. Go boy! (i mean, you have a weapon of mass destruction in your shed, why'd you keep it locked up? :) )

The Giant firing the bow/ballista was awesome, i'm kind of sad that GRRM didnt think of that

It actually makes more sense than regular archers hitting men 700ft above them. I believe GRRM has said he made a mistake making the wall so big.

Ser Aliser's Lines

Jon, all round was really good. His heartbreaking smile when he saw Ygritte to then see her killed. I really liked Ygritte's death scene, very emotional. And i liked the fact she got her end by a little kid. Great revenge for his parents and Pyp.

Grenn the Giantslayer. If only he had lived

Giant's were awesome. Felt a little sad when they died though

Edd. Just everything Edd does

Sam and Aemon talk. Just Aemon being a badass as usual

Great wide span shots during the fighting

Archived