"Positive Nitpicking" - What you loved about the episode [NO SPOILERS]

+ Mammoths and Giants wielding giant bows (that one shot that literally makes a crow go flying over the wall)

+ Ser Alliser Thorne not acting like a jealous twat but like an actual commander (plus faring reasonably well when fighting Tormund)

+ Jon Snow actually living up to his name in the books and slaying wildlings left, right and centre (his fight with Styr and caving in his head with a hammer)

+ Janos Slynt losing all dignity and living up to his reputation of a coward

+ Sam finally growing some balls ("just open the gate for fucksake!)

+ Tormund and his "bear" story and wreaking havoc at Castle Black (taking a whole group of crows to restrain him)

+ That Scythe/Blade weapon (no need to say why awesome that its)

Everything.

However...

A big shout out to Kit Harrington for this episode. He's cemented my love for him as Jon Snow. They haven't always given Jon the best material in the show (Season 2 and a good portion of Season 3), but I'm glad they did him justice by focusing solely on The Wall - and Kit hit it out of the park! Screw the haters; I'll always enjoy The Wall much more than King's Landing.

My favourite book character, now much closer to becoming my favourite show character.

Agreed. They screwed his whole "beyond the wall" storyline with Mance, but he really got ot shine in 409 as Jon Snow.

I loved the episode, a small detail I loved was that they didn't repeat GRRM's mistake of having wildling archers be able to kill NW men on top of a 700 feet wall. The giant archer was a BAMF, though.

:agree: I really liked that.

First of all, I just love that this was a Wall-only episode. Book 3 and on, my favorite stories are all in the North and it has not been given the justice it deserves in this show so far (imo) and this episode just lit that story on fire.

I love seeing Jon coming into his own and becoming the leader that he is. Sam was just Everything in this episode. Alliser Thorne was amazing.

I loved Ygritte's death - it moved me almost as much as it did in the books.

Grenn defending the gate, although I'm sad to see Grenn go, I just love that he got to die a hero.

Pyp getting at least one kill before he died.

And there were Giants!!

I also loved the NW's defense of the wall from the guys hanging over the wall to the barrels being sent over to explode and of course, the Scythe.

I'm like a kid at Christmas and can't wait until next week. It's gon' be good!!!!

The music was amazing -- ratcheted up the tension and adrenaline 10-fold.

Grenn's recital of the vows was the most moving part of the episode to me.

Loved all of Sam's scenes. He added humanity to all of the carnage.

Thorne was terrific.

Jon v. Styr

The scythe

That Rohan horn

Ghost.

Archived