"Positive Nitpicking" - What you loved about the episode [NO SPOILERS]

- Great action, effects, fights and choreography all around. The fights in Blackwater look like fake sparring in comparison. CGI is mindblowing for a TV show.

- Ygritte's death was sad and emotional but not over the top and drawn out.

- Jon vs Styr was awesome, especially those several blows from Jon to the axe with no cuts in-between.

- Sam was great the entire episode. He and Gilly are cute.

- Lots of funny bits between the fighting and the sad deaths.

- Some amazing individual action scenes: the scythe, the panorama shot of the battle inside Castle Black, the Giant knocking a brother from the Wall.

-Hobb preparing some extra rare wild game.

-Thorne being a badass.

-The giants and the mammoth.

-The giant archer, that was brutal.

-Thorne vs. Tormund.

-Jon vs. Styr.

-The scythe of doom.

-That long panoramic shot.

-The vows during the giant's charge.

-A little bit of Ghost.

-I loved Sam he was great; OPEN THE FUCKING GATE

-Dolorious Edd of course

-Tormund

-THORNE

-The Archor, but WTF?

-The Giant with the bow

-Grenn and his boys reciting the vows gave me goosebumps

-Jon

So many awesome moments in this episode, got me to the edge of my chair even though I read the books and knew what was going to happen, more or less.

One of my fav episodes on the entire show

Ygritte's death actually being soft and melancholic instead of being a massive sexual gorefest ala Talisa's death.

Mammoths!

Ghost kicking ass. :)

Sam and Gilly and their kiss- best canon couple on the show next to OberynxEllaria. :)

My boy Jon kicking ass.

Edd being Lord of the Wall.

- Ser Alliser Thorne - He may be a prejudiced asshole, but he fought like a badass former knight and did his duty. As for Janos Slynt: that craven windbag did pretty much what the audience expected of him.

- Tormund Giantsbane, Husband-to-Bears. Best wildling badass so far.

- The fight between Alliser and Tormund. Surprisingly hardcore but of duelling for two fairly minor characters.

- The giant with the bow - yikes !

- Sam promising to Gilly the same thing that Oberyn did to Ellaria.

- Sam in general, in this episode.

- The "Scythe" - more like the Windshield Wiper, har !

- I loved the hammer and the anvil parallels between Jon and Styr, quite poetic in a morbid kind of way

- Pretty much everything that came out of Sam's mouth

- Jon being a BAMF, especially when the music changed!!!

- Ghost! (however brief)

- Hold the gate! probably the best character death in terms of going out like a boss

- The windshield wiper of doom

- Tormand and the Bear

And so much more.. ahh I loved this episode

Okay, guys, this will take a while:

- Sam explaining the loopholes of the NW oath
- hooray for the warg owl
- Tormund and the bear story
- Gilly and her baby managing to get by the Wildlings without being seen
- Aemon! nice callback to his conversation with Jon
- Gilly + Sam reunion was truly heartwarming
- epic shot of the biggest fire the north has ever seen
- Aliser realizing his mistake and quasi apologizing for it, while still maintaining his dignity
- Sam + Gilly kiss
- Sam encouraging Pyp (and the look of awesomeness and joy on Pyp's face when he finally did manage to shoot a Wildling)
- giants + giant riding a mammoth - hell yeah!

I said knock and hold you cunts!! Does knock mean draw??? NO SIR/ Does fucking hold mean fucking drop????NO SIR / You all plan to die here tonight??? NO SIR/ That's very good to hearbiggrin.gif DRAW!!!!!!

- drill sergeant Thorne was epic and insanely funny - my second favorite moment of that episode
- Thorne's speech
- Slynt being a whiny ass after being given command of the Wall and leaving the Wall to Jon
- epic giant bow shot
- Hobb and his boys killing Wildlings with fookin' frying pans and a cleaver
- Janos Slynt in the pantry - now I'm afraid for Gilly - we know what Slynt did to the last baby he got his hands on
- Pyp's death!- nooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!! :crying:
- Grenn not hesitating to fight for Jon, even thought they both know that it's a suicide mission
- duel between Aliser and Tormund
- Sam yelling at Ollie, then realizing he sounds like his father and speaking more gently to him
- epic shot of rampaging, burning mammoth :bowdown:
- Jon to Edd: you have the wall - boy, they are going through the chain of command very fast!
- epic repetition of NW creed to charging giant - my favorite moment of the episode
- Go, Ghost, go! (I told you that was Ghost in the promo)
- Jon vs. Styr - brutal fight with very realistic and pragmatic ending (fook the swords, use whatever weapon you have)
- Ygritte's death - so sad, so beautiful, "You know nothing, Jon Snow"
- and now we know what the slow-mo death is :)
- the chain made me go wow, eww, wow (in that order) - also a nice callback to another chain we should have seen two seasons ago, third-favorite moment
- Gilly kicked Slynt's ass... with a piece of veal? I love it! :lmao: Just look at Slynt's terrified face when Sam comes in...
- Jon planning to kill Mance was a nice example of a change that makes sense
- Grenn... no... just no... don't go all Donal Noye on me (saddest death of the series so far for me) :bawl: :bawl: :crying:
- one certain moment missing at the end made me really look forward towards the forum outrage

Best episode of the series so far. My heart was pumping for 60 minutes, it is the only episode which really can match the book on excitement. And that shot were the camera fly across castle black for like 30 seconds, is one of the best i ever saw on screen. Kit Harrington really stepped it up in this episode, his best performance so far, so much badass.

Sam was really the high light of this episode. I know a lot of people don't like his love story with Gilly (and sometimes I wish he'd go five minutes without mentioning her :P) but seeing him finally coming into his own a being a true man of the Night's Watch was great. And he was realistically badass. He wasn't slaughtering dozens of foes which is what you expect from medieval fantasy heroes, he was picking them off with his bow when he could and just generally being fearless and awesome.

Awww man. Giant Arrows from Giant Bows was amazing. Grenn's speech was great. Burning Mammoth.

But I got the most giddy when the Wildlings attack the dining hall and the cooks just bash them with pots and boiling water. Then Hobb just casually strolls in with a GIANT cleaver and messes dudes up.

Archived