"Positive Nitpicking" - What you loved about the episode [NO SPOILERS]

There was a cool tracking shot of the battle from overhead, I appreciate those because they are difficult to pull off.

With that in mind, I liked the fight between Jon and Magnar. Particularly the very beginning when Jon attacks 4 times without any camera cut-away tricks. I wish that was more frequent to be honest. :)

P.S. My only hope was that we'd get to see a Giant riding a Mammoth, so I'm happy.

I loved Jon's crossbow then kick to the face take-down of Tormund. Easily the most (only) badass thing Jon has done so far in the show.

I've researched that scene several times now...it's so fucking badass XD

Yeah that was a cool moment. I laughed(out loud) and wondered if it was because D&D read online commenters complaining about the unrealism in the book, or if they only realized normal archers wouldn't work when they started filming the episode.

Neil Marshall said in an interview that he'd realized archers obviously couldn't shoot up 700 feet, so he thought the only way it would work was if a giant were the archer. I think he basically read the battle and got the main points down and thought, well George, you made a 700 foot wall and giants, but you didn't think to have the giants shoot up at the wall!

The giant chain scythe was pretty cool. I almost wonder if that was thrown in there as a nod to book readers, for the lack of a giant chain in Blackwater. Probably just overthinking it. :)

That's what I thought. So in a way Show-Tyrion helped defend the Wall by having a chain made and sending it to the Night's Watch instead of using it on the Blackwater. ;)

"Release the Kraken Anchor!"

Strange how no one has mentioned Tormund telling the story about him and the bear. Too bad that he got interrupted

that was awesome! Especially Ygritte's response: "I know... You know.." Way to call him on his crap!

Loved every moment of this episode. When the fade to white came, I was shocked because it seemed like only ten minutes had passed.

Gold stars to Pyp, Sam, Thorne, Grenn, Edd - for simply being fantastic

These last two episodes have been an emotional roller coaster, and next week should be the same. How long until season 5? :(

I wonder how many viewers, Unsullied especially, had a nasty flashback of Oberyn's death when Jon's head met the anvil.

I was surprised to see Jon Snow recover so quickly after such blow on the head, I mean it would have knocked the heck out of most people.

I was surprised to see Jon Snow recover so quickly after such blow on the head, I mean it would have knocked the heck out of most people.

Adrenaline can do a lot for you...but he was really dazed when he saw Ygritte, then he had however long to sit there with her. He probably has one hell of a headache, though XD

Adrenaline can do a lot for you...but he was really dazed when he saw Ygritte, then he had however long to sit there with her. He probably has one hell of a headache, though XD

Maybe you're right. He must have suffered quite a concussion indeed! Still to have watched some sports such as Hockey and American football I can tell you that such a blow on the head, even with an helmet on, more than often result in the player lying on the ground completely knocked-out, adrenaline or not.

But hey it's an epic Fantasy show! :)

Archived