"Positive Nitpicking" - What you loved about the episode [NO SPOILERS]

Brothers!

A hundred generations have defended this castle…

It has never fallen before and it will not fall tonight…

Those are Thens at our walls…

They eat the flesh of the men they kill…

Do you want to fill the belly of a Then tonight?

Tonight we fight!

And when the sun rises I promise you…

Castle black will stand!

The Night’s Watch will stand!

WITH ME NOW!!!

NOW, WITH ME!!!

I've watched that scene easily over 20 times now and I get goosebumps every time I see it...

I would absolutely follow that man into battle!

ME TOO

I wouldn't have minded a bit of dialog...

Gilly: Are you a man?

Slynt: What? Yes, of course, are you afraid I'm going to...

Gilly: No, not that...just Sam said the men would be fighting. It's ok if you're afraid, I am too, not everybody can be as brave as Sam.

Slynt: I'm not afraid...Sam told me to look in after you, that's all...

Gilly: You can have that corner, I've been using it when I need to change baby Sam's diapers, and you smell like you've already shit yourself a few times tonight...

Hue

I just watched the episode tonight,( Watchers on the Wall) I enjoyed it. I am interested to see how they play Jon and Mance and tie up the Night's Watch and at what point Stannis enters in the scene. The book had drama by the hierarchy sending Jon out to meet Mance and to die.

The show could do some interesting stuff at this point, what , I don't know but doors are open.

And if the show is kind enough to for-shadow, I would not be surprised if Ameon T knows who Jon is.

Someone other than Bronn finally fighting without honor! Rewatched the Craster's raid episode and noticed the same move Karl used on Jon he in turn used on the Thenn. Get em' Jon!

But I basically liked everything about this episode.

The scythe was the coolest weapon I've seen on tv!

Love how they've done the giants!

Sam and Thorne were MVP's for sure, I've found myself impersonating Thorne and his speech every now and then because it was so awesome!

Someone other than Bronn finally fighting without honor! Rewatched the Craster's raid episode and noticed the same move Karl used on Jon he in turn used on the Thenn. Get em' Jon!

Indeed, that was a nice touch. The bastard is learning.

Along with the very first episode of season one, this is probably the best episode so far in GoT. The battle was beautifully directed. The tension and desperation on the part of the NW brothers and the free folk's passion and hunger were juxtaposed brilliantly. Also, very apt title for this episode...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived