"Positive Nitpicking" - What you loved about the episode [NO SPOILERS]

• ALLISER THORNE WAS PERFECT. And I'd never thought i'd say that.

Jon.Oh Jon. Further solidifies him as one of my fav GOT characters

The chain that took out the wildlings

Grenn and the Night's watch recital scene was beautiful

Ed was amazing I hope we get more of him

DAT TRACKING SHOT

Ygritte's death

Sam's character development

Oh man. Just... it all. Loved it all. The giant's bow and arrow and the scythe made me incredibly happy.

And Thorne's speech to Jon about leadership was perfect. Pyp before the battle was great acting, and it hurt so much to see him go. I don't even want to think about it being Ygritte who killed him.

I like that they used the fact that the Night's Watch are not an organized, experienced group of people. Nobody knew the proper orders for shooting arrows, they stabbed a flaming barrel full of oil, and Janos Slynt... really sold that as commander of the gold cloaks he'd never seen an ounce of real combat in his entire life. Fookin' coward.

And I have to say, that long tracking shot of the fight in the courtyard was some of the best camera work I've ever seen.

The scythe.

Sam really being Samwise.

Jon saying "Aye, you should have" in response to Tormund yelling as they carried him off, "I should've thrown you off the top of the wall when I had the chance, Boy."

Dolorous Edd, always anything with Dolorous Edd.

Maester Aemon.

Janos Blount, such a jerk, he was hilarious.

Grenn leading the recitation of the Nights Watchmen vows before they faced the giant.

Alliser Thorne was outstanding.

ETA: So good to see Jon in his element. He was awesome.

I thought the battle itself was very well done.

I loved all the giant stuff--they're fun to watch (and terrifying)

Jon, though. Jon's always been one of my favorite so it was good to see him really shine as commander this episode.

The Anchor. The people I watch with were cheering at that.

Grenn's death was suitably epic and fitting. They really couldn't have given him a better death. Also related was those shots of the hall through the wall as the Giant was coming in. It was very dark and menacing and set the mood.

Edd getting the wall. I was hoping for a snarky comment about it, but even he really couldn't muster anything.

Flaming mammoths. Does it get any more awesome than that?

Gilly and Slynt near the end. Gilly ready and willing to defend herself when the door opens revealing Sam while Slynt is, er, Slynt.

Alliser.

Finally, Jon commenting about not bein a poet early on, and later not fighting honorablyfelt like a little hinthintnudgenudge.

um, Hob and the boys in the kitchen kicking ass with a soup bowl and a meat cleaver anyone?

He came walking out of that kitchen with that meat cleaver and I was like damn.

Archived