[BOOK SPOILERS] Nitpick Without Repercussion

They wasted time with the Ygitte scene saying she'll put an arrow in anyone who goes after Jon but she just stood there while Styr went after him.

Yeah,,I thought there was lots of time wasted on Ygritte, and I thought her dying scene with Jon was weak. Also, what was the deal with the Thenn warging the owl? I saw no point in that.

Why did they let the Giant and mammoth get close to the gate without raining arrow on them? Fire at will is to modern a command? Why so many people on the Wall if the castle is the most vulnerable side? Grenn & co. are trying to stop someone in a portcullis and they choose axes and swords instead of spears and bows? Why keep Ghost locked up? No Stannis.

I only noticed that Maester Aemon is usually written better, and too much Sam. But I guess since they killed off almost every named repeating NW character, and soon there will be no one left but Jon and Edd, maybe they were making the most of who is left.

They wasted time with the Ygitte scene saying she'll put an arrow in anyone who goes after Jon but she just stood there while Styr went after him.

My thought was that she didn't know who she hated more ... and by the time she decided, it was too late.

This is probably the first time I feel like the show has really messed up in its adaptation. Did they seriously think that the cliffhanger of Jon going out to meet Mance is more poignant than Stannis riding in and saving the day? Horrible pacing and almost no emotion in the whole thing. There's three main beats from the battle and they pooched all three. I'm not a fan of Jon or Stannis but this was seriously the only time they were cool in the books. Now episode 10 is going to be crowded beyond belief. I'm seriously starting to hear sharks and water skis.

Archived