[BOOK SPOILERS] Nitpick Without Repercussion

I just rewatched the episode 10 preview. In one of the shots with Hound and Arya, we're looking over someone's shoulder, who has a black plate armor on... So I think that pretty much confirms, that Brienne will meet the Hound. But the question is, will she bite his ear off and fight, or not?

I highly suspect she will bite his ear off if they have an encounter. IIRC, The Hound lost an ear in that fight at The Inn from the books. Honestly, no Roast Goat, no I only rescue maidens, more time for Arya and Sandor after The Inn, why even bother with the Brienne and ear biting??????????????

Yeh I did actually. It wasn't historically accurate or anything but Richard Harris is awesome what a legend. I read it as Richard Madden was playing Marcus Aureliusin something :P I need to post less from my phone :D

LOLLLLLLLLL no problem. Yeah, that movie wasn't great, nor very historical, LOL, but Richard Harris was fabulous as always. Richard Madden, I'm dying. :lmao:

If Brienne does run across the Hound and Arya, the real question is whether she will even acknowledge Arya. She seems to forget her objectives the closer she gets to Stark girls.

Did you have to remind me of all those PW shots of Brienne standing 10 feet away from Sansa and doing nothing?

I highly suspect she will bite his ear off if they have an encounter. IIRC, The Hound lost an ear in that fight at The Inn from the books. Honestly, no Roast Goat, no I only rescue maidens, more time for Arya and Sandor after The Inn, why even bother with the Brienne and ear biting??????????????

No reason. I expected that they would get in a fight with more random people...the Hound would get an additional injury and Arya would leave him. Brienne being the one to inflict the injury is so wrong on so many levels, and then not getting Arya, bad, bad, bad.

The 43 dead watchmen also depends on Ygritte's missing all her shots!

that's more or less true. :( We see her shooting a lot, but only 2-3 times do we see what has happened with the arrow...

On the other hand, some of the watchmen might just be severly injured and not dead (you see, Jon survived three arrows, so anything can happen...)

OMG!! I just found this snippet on WiC, supposedly from an interview that Kit did on Live with Kelly and Michael. I need to watch this, as well, it WOULD be a nitpick for me if Jon and Kit should cut those curls, LOL I know not everyone feels the same way, so I thought some might enjoy this little quote for opposite reasons. I'm going to watch the Live interview and post a link to that, too, once I do.

On a lighter note, Kit stopped by Live with Kelly and Michael on Monday. He quickly teases the situation Jon Snow is in as we approach the finale, and reveals that his lovely locks are actually under contract by Game of Thrones, and haircuts are taken very seriously.

No reason. I expected that they would get in a fight with more random people...the Hound would get an additional injury and Arya would leave him. Brienne being the one to inflict the injury is so wrong on so many levels, and then not getting Arya, bad, bad, bad.

I can't even begin to list all the reasons it's bad, and well, I am super pissed as well that I was lulled a few episodes ago into thinking I didn't have to worry about Brienne and Sandor meeting pre Quiet Isle. Ughhhhhhhhhhhh.

By the way, if the show really does kill off Sandor without the ambiguity of the books it will be much more than a nit for me. I'd be looking something like this: :tantrum:

I can't even begin to list all the reasons it's bad, and well, I am super pissed as well that I was lulled a few episodes ago into thinking I didn't have to worry about Brienne and Sandor meeting pre Quiet Isle. Ughhhhhhhhhhhh.

By the way, if the show really does kill off Sandor without the ambiguity of the books it will be much more than a nit for me. I'd be looking something like this: :tantrum:

I don't think they will kill him unless he's dead in the books. He seems to be alive in the book, and I assume GRRM has kept him alive for a reason, not only to kill him off meaninglessly later on. Plus, fans love him.

I want to believe this is misleading promos, and they will not do something so nutty, but I think it's likely they will do it.

All I can say is we better get Stoneheart.

I liked his trolling saying "he might be out of a job"

"For the watch" is gonna piss the unsullied off soooo muchhhh

I just finished watching. I love Kit. As much as I LOVE THE HAIR, I'm so glad he thinks stuff like contract clauses on his hairdo are stupid, LOL Love, love, love his trolling. I also love that his favorite character on the show is Bronn, I remember that from one of the HBO promos for this coming season.

Here's the Live clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1T0bygPhaE

The Unsullied will absolutely lose it over 'For The Watch.' On a personal note, I hope we have an answer by the time that airs. I'm giving George some side-eye on how long this is taking. :shocked:

I didn't notice it at the time either, not the first time nor on the rewatch. I only saw in my memory now, reading the previous post. That thing is damn shiny, even just in my memory. The funny video posted in the book spoiler discussion thread could be responsible for my noticing it, too. I can't take credit for finding it, that would be the fabulous JonCon's Red Beard who brought it to the thread, but I'll repost it here.

BAHAHAHAHAHAAH

The most memorable scene for me was when he ordered Grenn, pretty much, to his death at the Gate. Jon "knew" what he was telling Grenn to do, Grenn "knew" what was going to happen but he did so without question. Jon's reaction to seeing Grenn at the end was very important IMO because that is what leaders/rulers should feel when their friends/comrades/subjects/whatevers die. The exact thing that Stannis does not which is why I am kind of glad he didn't take the glory away from Jon this episode a la Tywin/Tyrion at Blackwater.

This is exactly why I'm also relieved Stannis didn't swoop in.

OMG!! I just found this snippet on WiC, supposedly from an interview that Kit did on Live with Kelly and Michael. I need to watch this, as well, it WOULD be a nitpick for me if Jon and Kit should cut those curls, LOL I know not everyone feels the same way, so I thought some might enjoy this little quote for opposite reasons. I'm going to watch the Live interview and post a link to that, too, once I do.

On a lighter note, Kit stopped by Live with Kelly and Michael on Monday. He quickly teases the situation Jon Snow is in as we approach the finale, and reveals that his lovely locks are actually under contract by Game of Thrones, and haircuts are taken very seriously.

He also hinted that he might be out of a job come season end (lol, good bit of trolling there), but I liked how his hair was the main focus of the discussion XD

Aren't Jon's actions at the end of the episode the exact opposite of sound leadership? He takes no council, no time to think over his decision, he blatantly ignores the fact that Thorne, Aemon, and Slynt are all still alive. He basically makes a very rash decision that will have far reaching consequences for the entire Watch based off it being the first idea that popped into his exhausted, grief addled head and Sam having no idea of his own to put forth on the spot.

Aren't Jon's actions at the end of the episode the exact opposite of sound leadership? He takes no council, no time to think over his decision, he blatantly ignores the fact that Thorne, Aemon, and Slynt are all still alive. He basically makes a very rash decision that will have far reaching consequences for the entire Watch based off it being the first idea that popped into his exhausted, grief addled head and Sam having no idea of his own to put forth on the spot.

LOL Stop making sense.

LOL Stop making sense.

It struck as something you would see in an overly dramatic play or Anime.

"And now I must go to kill the vile Mance Rayder! For if not I who? Who can stand against such a barbarian horde? Either I must succeeded or all the world will fall! To battle dear Sam!"

I don't think they will kill him unless he's dead in the books. He seems to be alive in the book, and I assume GRRM has kept him alive for a reason, not only to kill him off meaninglessly later on. Plus, fans love him.

I want to believe this is misleading promos, and they will not do something so nutty, but I think it's likely they will do it.

All I can say is we better get Stoneheart.

Hound being alive or dead in the books matters about as much to the show writers as any of the other characters they have killed off who are still alive in the books. If they don't want to keep the actor on payroll or worry about having to bring him back later if he has a bigger role in future books, then they will kill him off and change what happens in the book. It doesn't necessarily mean anything in regards to the future books though. And of course fighting Brienne doesn't necessarily mean she kills him, could just leave him in a condition that makes it look like he will die.

It struck as something you would see in an overly dramatic play or Anime.

"And now I must go to kill the vile Mance Rayder! For if not I who? Who can stand against such a barbarian horde? Either I must succeeded or all the world will fall! To battle dear Sam!"

I told my show-only friend how the circumstances were different in the books and he said that it makes much more sense the book's way. I did not tell him Stannis shows up, though. He usually doesnt mind too much hearing about the differences to the books. We were talking about it because we were discussing if the way it was in the show made for better tv. He agreed that it would have been better for them to have the southern attack in one episode and then the bigger battle in another, as he is one of the people who are not really interested in the wall, but recognizes that Jon is being set up as important.

This show is awesome!!!

Remember the scene where Pod couldn't ride a horse? Wasn't that hilarious? Then that dialogue between Pod and brienne after the whole exchange with Hotpie. And Arya&hound revealing their names and laughing? Oh, god, i forgot this is a comedy!

And the dialogues... Nothing is nothing. Beetles!

Smart people like Jon&Littlefinger being retarded in the show.

Maleficient Sansa.

Hypocrite Hound.

Viper jumping around.

Whores having sex, rape scenes, whores burping. Best show ever.

Tyrion and Bronn real buddies. Locke being an idiot.

Daenerys... Oh, no, i don't have time to write about her.

There were no murder holes in ep9, because all of the holes were spent on plotholes.

Ba-dum-tss!

This show is awesome!!!

Remember the scene where Pod couldn't ride a horse? Wasn't that hilarious? Then that dialogue between Pod and brienne after the whole exchange with Hotpie. And Arya&hound revealing their names and laughing? Oh, god, i forgot this is a comedy!

And the dialogues... Nothing is nothing. Beetles!

Smart people like Jon&Littlefinger being retarded in the show.

Maleficient Sansa.

Hypocrite Hound.

Viper jumping around.

Whores having sex, rape scenes, whores burping. Best show ever.

Tyrion and Bronn real buddies. Locke being an idiot.

Daenerys... Oh, no, i don't have time to write about her.

There were no murder holes in ep9, because all of the holes were spent on plotholes.

Ba-dum-tss!

You've forgot shirtless psycho beating full armoured guys and greatest fear of ironborn warriors - dogs ! :devil:

Archived