[BOOK SPOILERS] Nitpick Without Repercussion

Also;

• When the new Lord Protector of the Vale passes through the Bloody Gate every member of the garrison finds it necessary to train an arrow on him and his companion.
  • When a sketchy ass giant with a half burned head and his small girl-boy companion approach, both armed mind you, no one takes note beside oddly in the loop yelling guy.

This show is awesome!!!

Remember the scene where Pod couldn't ride a horse? Wasn't that hilarious? Then that dialogue between Pod and brienne after the whole exchange with Hotpie. And Arya&hound revealing their names and laughing? Oh, god, i forgot this is a comedy!

And the dialogues... Nothing is nothing. Beetles!

Smart people like Jon&Littlefinger being retarded in the show.

Maleficient Sansa.

Hypocrite Hound.

Viper jumping around.

Whores having sex, rape scenes, whores burping. Best show ever.

Tyrion and Bronn real buddies. Locke being an idiot.

Daenerys... Oh, no, i don't have time to write about her.

There were no murder holes in ep9, because all of the holes were spent on plotholes.

Ba-dum-tss!

Put in those terms, I'm embarrassed to admit I do like some of the show. :blushing: :lmao:

Just saw this Jedi version of Jon vs. Styr. It's so much better with light sabers, at least the unrealistic fighting makes sense then.

It did gave me another serious nitpick though. At 00.32, when Styr comes at Jon after he threw him in that fire, you can clearly see Styr wearing a short sword (like the one Tormund fought with) on his belt. Why the fuck didn't he use that instead of picking Jon up?

Just saw this Jedi version of Jon vs. Styr. It's so much better with light sabers, at least the unrealistic fighting makes sense then.

It did gave me another serious nitpick though. At 00.32, when Styr comes at Jon after he threw him in that fire, you can clearly see Styr wearing a short sword (like the one Tormund fought with) on his belt. Why the fuck didn't he use that instead of picking Jon up?

lolll at Legolas

Put in those terms, I'm embarrassed to admit I do like some of the show. :blushing: :lmao:

I think even the nitpickiest of all does. It's just frustrating that such a masterpiece is being turned into something ordinary and cliche.

The universal sound of the lightsaber gets me every time, LOL

As far as the dagger/short sword/whatever it is, I don't get it either. Even if it's just Styr's over sized dinner knife, we know Crow is his favorite food......ya'd think Jon Snow would be his favorite flavor of Crow, no?

I have to say, if one of these vids dares to give away Samuel L. Jackson's purple lightsaber........they'll be on my nitpick list, too.

I think even the nitpickiest of all does. It's just frustrating that such a masterpiece is being turned into something ordinary and cliche.

ITA!! The frustration is understandable. Loved your list, even without being anywhere near the most nitpickiest around here. :cheers:

:lol:

I actually teared up with Pikachu, and hubs had to tell me to rewatch it for a Legalos sighting .... that was funny as hell!

Thanks for the link. :cheers:

I agree. I enjoy the show for the most part but I am becoming more and more disillusioned with it. I'm not a complete book purist. I know that some changes are quite necessary, etc. but I can't help feeling the show would be better if they stuck a bit closer to the books :(

I agree. I enjoy the show for the most part but I am becoming more and more disillusioned with it. I'm not a complete book purist. I know that some changes are quite necessary, etc. but I can't help feeling the show would be better if they stuck a bit closer to the books :(

Eventually the pricks who cry "purist!" every time someone says this will see the light. I'm pretty sure most people who are accused of being purists liked scenes in the first season with Robert and Cersei where he talks about Lyanna/past wars. Which shows that we do not demand that things be exactly like the books. We demand quality, plain and simple. And the truth of the matter is that the things they change or add tend to a)make no sense, b)be poorly written, or c)all of the above. Make some additions or changes that are on par with the quality of the material you are adapting, and we would be fine, I suspect.

This reminds me of another topic brought up when discussing the events at the wall, which is Sam not being there when the events of last episode happen. When my friend discovered this, he was understandably even more annoyed that we have spent time on tedious Sam scenes that (from what I've observed) most show viewers couldn't give a fart about.

:lol:

I actually teared up with Pikachu, and hubs had to tell me to rewatch it for a Legalos sighting .... that was funny as hell!

Thanks for the link. :cheers:

You should check out his other two vids :D He gave the RV Darth Maul's weapon and he has Darth Vader killing Joffrey :D

Eventually the pricks who cry "purist!" every time someone says this will see the light. I'm pretty sure most people who are accused of being purists liked scenes in the first season with Robert and Cersei where he talks about Lyanna/past wars. Which shows that we do not demand that things be exactly like the books. We demand quality, plain and simple. And the truth of the matter is that the things they change or add tend to a)make no sense, b)be poorly written, or c)all of the above. Make some additions or changes that are on par with the quality of the material you are adapting, and we would be fine, I suspect.

This reminds me of another topic brought up when discussing the events at the wall, which is Sam not being there when the events of last episode happen. When my friend discovered this, he was understandably even more annoyed that we have spent time on tedious Sam scenes that (from what I've observed) most show viewers couldn't give a fart about.

You know, I suggest that whoever names episodes 10 thread calls it "legitimate criticism of poor writing" this thread has never been a nitpick thread imo, our complaints are to legitimate for that.

The problem with their big plot changes is that they make no sense.

"Asha" is going to sail around Westeros to save her brother!!!! And then, oh, Stockholm Syndrome, and a shirtless guy turning his back on us to let out the dogs...okay, we're outa here.

Locke is going to? what? Kidnap Bran, and then do what? How is he getting back South of the wall? Why is he leaving witnesses alive?

Mel can kill the lamb without it ever being afraid except when the lamb is Gendry and he's screaming bloody murder.

Sam wants to protect Gilly so he sends her out to an unprotected village, and then she in turn sneaks by the wildlings with her not crying baby.

Brienne totally is about Sansa, except when she's 10 feet away at a wedding, and then, she has no time for her.

I mean come on. This stuff doesn't hold up for 60 seconds. And that is only the stupid stuff they've done this season, I can't even remember the stupid stuff they did last season and the season before that.

Completely agreed. Take Sam as just one example. Instead of playing up Sam and Gilly now when the screen time could be so much better spent on other important parts of the story the writers could have saved the Sam and Gilly romance for the ship voyage (you know, like in the books). Everyone would still get the same romantic, emotional payoff for our reluctant hero Sam (i.e. fat pink mast :P ). What would have been wrong with that?

Although, at this point it just makes me think the writers probably aren't even going to include the ship voyage and they'll just have Sam get ahold of Littlefinger's teleportation device to get to Oldtown (if that even happens).

The problem with their big plot changes is that they make no sense.

"Asha" is going to sail around Westeros to save her brother!!!! And then, oh, Stockholm Syndrome, and a shirtless guy turning his back on us to let out the dogs...okay, we're outa here.

Locke is going to? what? Kidnap Bran, and then do what? How is he getting back South of the wall? Why is he leaving witnesses alive?

Mel can kill the lamb without it ever being afraid except when the lamb is Gendry and he's screaming bloody murder.

Sam wants to protect Gilly so he sends her out to an unprotected village, and then she in turn sneaks by the wildlings with her not crying baby.

Brienne totally is about Sansa, except when she's 10 feet away at a wedding, and then, she has no time for her.

I mean come on. This stuff doesn't hold up for 60 seconds. And that is only the stupid stuff they've done this season, I can't even remember the stupid stuff they did last season and the season before that.

I mentioned to my friend that he could have asked Jon if he knew any honorable houses/lords in the north who would take her into their service. With Jon then reminding him that he's just a bastard and has no place requesting favors of lords. That way you see Sam at least TRYING something mildly sensible And THEN if that fails, maybe sending her to Mole's Town. But even then it doesn't make much sense as he knows wildlings are coming from the south. We would also have Jon's station in their world reinforced, before he steps up to leadership during the battle. His response was that Sam isn't exactly a master tactician. Which was frustrating because Sam's intelligence is supposed to be one of his defining characteristics. Self perceived cowardice or not, he is still smart.

You should check out his other two vids :D He gave the RV Darth Maul's weapon and he has Darth Vader killing Joffrey :D

You know, I suggest that whoever names episodes 10 thread calls it "legitimate criticism of poor writing" this thread has never been a nitpick thread imo, our complaints are to legitimate for that.

I think it starts off as a nitpick thread and everyone gets each other all riled up :P. Like when someone who is angry is talking to a crowd who is listening and every time something is said, the crowd goes "hmm, yeah! YEAH!"

Wasn't looking forward to this episode. Just like I wasn't looking forward to the Blackwater episode in season 2. I hate the battle scenes in the books and on the show. Hated that Jon saw Ygritte killed instead of just finding her. Hated most of the Sam scenes. I could have skipped that episode all together.

I second this! I haven't seen anyone complaining just for the sake of it, just a lot of people feeling genuinely disappointed by something that could've been awesome.

The show and the books have now become completely different creatures. Its time to come to terms with that and not expect everything to follow the letter. Hell, things are gonna get really bizarro in the next episode and beyond. Like really freaking bizarro. I heard something about Jaime going to Dorne... The time for being arsed about it has long passed. The show is now its own entity separate from the books. While i do think it will hint to how shit will go down in future books, its veering. I think most of the MAIN plot bombs will be exactly the same as the books, but how things arrive to those plot bombs is what differs here and there. (i am of the mind that Tyrion's stuff is going to remain largely unaltered.)

Like with Arya, stuff is different with how she gets where she is. However, she still arrives to the same plot point(s). She'll wind up on that ship to Braavos, but it wont exactly be the same way she did in the books. Stannis is still gonna show up at the Wall and save the day. Its a lot of the in-between stuff that gets shuffled here and there.

Thus is life. :dunno:

Im kinda excited about it cuz there will be things i wont see coming and thats always kinda cool. Especially when its done well.

The show and the books have now become completely different creatures. Its time to come to terms with that and not expect everything to follow the letter. Hell, things are gonna get really bizarro in the next episode and beyond. Like really freaking bizarro. I heard something about Jaime going to Dorne... The time for being arsed about it has long passed. The show is now its own entity separate from the books. While i do think it will hint to how shit will go down in future books, its veering. I think most of the MAIN plot bombs will be exactly the same as the books, but how things arrive to those plot bombs is what differs here and there. (i am of the mind that Tyrion's stuff is going to remain largely unaltered.)

Like with Arya, stuff is different with how she gets where she is. However, she still arrives to the same plot point(s). She'll wind up on that ship to Braavos, but it wont exactly be the same way she did in the books. Stannis is still gonna show up at the Wall and save the day. Its a lot of the in-between stuff that gets shuffled here and there.

Thus is life. :dunno:

Im kinda excited about it cuz there will be things i wont see coming and thats always kinda cool. Especially when its done well.

I think most of us have come to terms with it. We're now just poking holes in the shitty writing this show has and occasionally we bring up the books to show what could be done better. I mean when I look at my list of things that were wrong with this episode, than I hardly refer to the books. It's been to long since the last time I read ASOS to be accurate about it.

But we can and must critique the show as an entity on its own. The stupid insipid battle choreography, the endless amount of redshirts getting killed, the moronic battleplans, the awkward uninterrupted Ygrette death scene, the poor dialogue in the Sam scenes no one cares about, that stupid scythe, the lack of Ghost, Kit's shitty acting, the fact that Grenn doesn't think of using speers, the annoying kid, Wildlings that don't check their camps perimeter, no Mance Rayder, the fact that they'll probably destroy one of the only things they did better on the show in future episodes (show Alliser is a more relatable character than book Alliser, but the wound they gave him probably means that he'll take on Bowen Marsh's role) and we can just keep on going really.

It's just really, really sad and disappointing.

Archived