Song of Ice and Fire Characters You Can relate to

paramount

I'm very Sansa-ish in personality. Which is why I struggle with her character the most! My younger sister was more of an Arya so the Stark girls' relationship hooked me in the first book.

I love the Sand Snakes for personal reasons. Birth, family circumstances and upbringing were actually very Dornish. I'm the lovechild of a wealthy older man whose "true born" kids became even wealthier (two are multimillionaires or more). My mom was my bio dad's much younger mistress by almost four decades! Bio dad's wife was always extremely nice to me, which is why I'd love to know more about Elia Martell's backstory. Not all wives are "women scorned."

Jon's my favorite character in part because he's a haunting echo of what my birth circumstances have meant throughout world history.

Love that GRRM's given a lot of thought to this topic... the emphasis on bloodlines is probably why I enjoy fantasy and medieval history so much.

Sansa -I understand her courtesy armor and I do empathize with her when she is taking care of sweet robin(the kid I babysit is a real brat). I also understand being drawn to fairy tale princes. I do aprove of her political tactics and i am impressed that she is catching on so quickly.

Jon - His unyielding loyalty is something I associate myself with. His bravery and valor is something I would like to be able to say of myself, however not seeing battle means I wouldn't necessarily say I have his valor, but at least his bravery. I also care deeply about my family although I understand sometimes my obligations take precedence.

Tyrion - I strive to continue educating myself, and learning wherever I can. I feel that I do a good job determining when I need counsel on something I do not know about. I definitely have a soft spot for "Cripples, Bastards, and Broken Things"

Robb - I love my family and would absolutely go to war for them. I like to think Robb tried to do the right thing when he could although he made a mistake with the Freys and I also believe in doing the right thing even if it isn't something I prefer.

Ned - Family first, honor is important, quiet around people I don't know.

These are characters you feel you have similar thoughts to or can emphasize or sympathize with.

Quentyn Martell

Samwell Tarly

Ayra Stark

And a little of the Hound.

Samwell Tarly: Nerdish, self defeating, tries to do the right thing, try to sympathize with people.

Quentyn Martell: Socially Awkward

Ayra Stark: Tries to do the right thing, careless when it comes to allot of things.

Tyrion - him being so very alive despite all odds, his curiosity and wit. And I can be pretty mean as well.

Arya - I was an Arya girl though my needle was my tongue.

Cat - a strong mother like me, her mistakes would be my mistakes.

Edit: some posters relate to characters who are how they would want to be, some to characters who are like the poster him- or herself in some aspects.

What does this tell?

Archived