Year Gap: Rhaegar and Lyanna

aaronk

That's something we don't know yet ;) About the Rebellion, and especially what happened before, many things still need to be told, one way or the other. What many people, myself amongst them, suspect, is that Rhaegar wanted 3 children, presumably 2 girls and 1 boy. He had a girl, then a boy, and then his wife could no longer have another child. Shortly after Aegon's birth (within several weeks, is the estimation), Rhaegar left KL and disappeared with Lyanna.

This theory listens to the vision Dany has in the HotU, where she sees Rhaegar sitting by Elia's bedside when Aegon has been born not that long ago, and he says "there must be one more".

The theories about communication are based on a lot less, simply because in that area, we don't have much to go on (read: basically nothing to go on). It wouldn't be unlogical if they had communicated during that year, in some way. But how exactly, and how often, remain big question marks until GRRM decides it is time for us to know.

One detail in ASOIAF that's always bugged me it that there is a years gap the Tourney at Harrenhal and Lyanna's abduction. Any ideas on what happen in that year???

Everybody has their own theory. My own is that Rhaegar, along with Arthur and Whent were trying to depose Aerys in the most peaceful way. Didn't work out, though. And Lyanna was just a coincidence or a distraction.

• 3 weeks later...

I think the main question is where did he take/meet her? Winterfell is not exactly somewhere you just stroll into and leave with the daughter of the house unchallenged.

It would not surprise me if she weren't actually at Winterfell. My theory is that she was at court, but I have no evidence for that, just that it wasn't an uncommon place for lords to send their daughters in real life.

It would not surprise me if she weren't actually at Winterfell. My theory is that she was at court, but I have no evidence for that, just that it wasn't an uncommon place for lords to send their daughters in real life.

Good point. Just to keep on imagining things we don't have any evidence for; who would she be with? It seems to open up a whole new avenue from which the truth of R+L=J could come.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived