Arya, not Sansa, is the maid that will slay Littlefinger, the savage giant

Lost Melnibonean

I did in the OP...

And we know the George just loves sets of three. In the first vision we get from the woods witch, we learn about Stannis killing Renly, Euron killing Balon, and Catelyn getting whacked. Arya IV, Storm. In the second set above we get Rob at the "red wedding," Sansa at the purple wedding, and... Sansa again? Really? Wouldn't the sets of prophecies from the ghost of High Heart be more elegant if the maid again was Arya?

First set of visions: Renly getting killed, Balon getting killed, Catelyn getting killed.

Second set of visions: Robb getting killed, Joffrey getting killed, Littlefinger getting killed.

"Dragons," Moqorro said in the Common Tongue of Westeros... "Dragons old (Targaryen) and young (Blackfyre), true (Aerys II's daughter) and false (Rhaegar's son), bright (red) and dark (black). And you. A small man with a big shadow (and black and green eyes), snarling in the midst of all."

I'm not exactly sure how that answers my thoughts that Tyrion might represent the green and black snake (not dragon btw):

Dany passes under two snakes mating:

She passed under a bronze arch fashioned in the likeness of two snakes mating, their scales delicate flakes of jade (green), obisidian (black), and lapis lazuli (blue).

So we only have two snakes but Tyrion can represent both the obisidan and the jade while Jon can represent the lapis lazuli.

Brown Ben's smile never reached his eyes. he studied Tyrion as a man might study a talking snake.

"You should not believe everything you hear. Especially where House Lannister is concerned."

"They say all Lannisters are twisty snakes."

"Snakes? Tyrion laughed. "That sound you hear is my lord father, slithering in his grave. We are lions, or so we like to say. But it makes no matter, Kem. Step on a snake or a lion's tail, you'll end up just as dead."

ETA: another interpretation of your quote could be:

Dragon young and old: Danaerys, youngest Targaryen but perhaps a reincarnation of the oldest dragon (Azor Ahai?). Dragon true and false: Aegon a dragon in truth but not the dragon he is claimed to be. Dragon Bright and Dark: Perhaps Varys if he is both a descendant of House Blackfyre and "House" Brightflame.

Not sure about any of this, just wanted to point out that you can interprete these visions almost any way you want to interpret them.

I just have a hard time accepting that Aegon is equal to Daneaerys as a major player. I also assume most symbolism especially early on in the books refers to characters that have been introduced at the time. I'm not one hundred percent sure that as of Clash, GRRM had even come up with the idea of House Blackfyre, it is never mentioned not even in the appendixes until ASOS.

Part IV

What the hell does Part III have to do with the OP? This...

Arya IX, Clash

That suggests to me that Arya is going to be aligned against Aegon, whom I expect will be supported by Petyr.

So, where's the castle of snow? I really don't know. But I have a feeling the deed might be done at a wedding reception. The George likes his threes.

Just to piggyback on your crack pottery!

If the FM are associated with the Bravos Bank, then Maybe the bank gets wind of Littlefinger's daughter having a wedding and decides to take revenge for all the debt he helped run up as Master of Coin and chooses to send a FM to kill him and his daughter. So the FM send Arya to kill Petyr and Alayne! Arya kills Littlefinger but spares Sansa bc she realizes that is her sister.

Just thought I would play along!

First set of visions: Renly getting killed, Balon getting killed, Catelyn getting killed.

Second set of visions: Robb getting killed, Joffrey getting killed, Littlefinger getting killed.

Yes each of the killees are different, so I'm expecting each of the killers to be different too.

Just to piggyback on your crack pottery!

If the FM are associated with the Bravos Bank, then Maybe the bank gets wind of Littlefinger's daughter having a wedding and decides to take revenge for all the debt he helped run up as Master of Coin and chooses to send a FM to kill him and his daughter. So the FM send Arya to kill Petyr and Alayne! Arya kills Littlefinger but spares Sansa bc she realizes that is her sister.

Just thought I would play along!

OK, you can stop playing now... :)

I did in the OP...

And we know the George just loves sets of three. In the first vision we get from the woods witch, we learn about Stannis killing Renly, Euron killing Balon, and Catelyn getting whacked. Arya IV, Storm. In the second set above we get Rob at the "red wedding," Sansa at the purple wedding, and... Sansa again? Really? Wouldn't the sets of prophecies from the ghost of High Heart be more elegant if the maid again was Arya?

Elegant? I don't know. Dude, it's Sansa. Do you not recall High Heart foretelling Arya's future? If Arya's fate is so black - if High Heart has seen her future - don't you think it would have been seen in the vision? How can High Heart be so accurate but blind at the same time?

I think you're complicating a very simple matter just so you can solve it. It's Sansa.

Are we to believe Martin would use the same exact setup for Sansa and Arya (poison in hair)? He would lose a lot of readers with that IMO. Here's to hoping Gentry will one day glamor King Bob just to mess with Cersei (since apparently everyone will have this ability at some point).

Elegant? I don't know. Dude, it's Sansa. Do you not recall High Heart foretelling Arya's future? If Arya's fate is so black - if High Heart has seen her future - don't you think it would have been seen in the vision? How can High Heart be so accurate but blind at the same time?

I think you're complicating a very simple matter just so you can solve it. It's Sansa.

So, I guess you'll stop wasting your time with my silly theory. :)

Well I was going to writing a compelling statement on how your theory is flawed bit I saw where you wrote this:

So, I guess you'll stop wasting your time with my silly theory. :)[/quote"]

So instead of pointing out how this entire theory is a stretch, and that not everything in ASOIAF is foreshadowing or a twist, not is every story tied to an unrelated plot, I chose to delete the post because I thought it would be pointless to try to convince you of something you just admitted. But in all honesty, you did a heck of a job on the theory and it is unique and creative, unlike some people who just put his/her own spin on someone else's theory!

This is reaching IMO. As others have said, the vision was clear that the maiden with serpents in her hair is the one who slays the giant, who was Sansa. This scene was foreshadowed further when Sansa tore the head off SR's doll (which was acting as a "giant" at the time) over a literal castle made of snow. GRRM likes to do these things in threes. #1 was the vision, #2 was the snowcastle scene and #3 will be the event itself, Sansa killing LF.

Are we to believe Martin would use the same exact setup for Sansa and Arya (poison in hair)? He would lose a lot of readers with that IMO. Here's to hoping Gentry will one day glamor King Bob just to mess with Cersei (since apparently everyone will have this ability at some point).

Oh, I don't really think he'll need to learn how to glamour in order to mess with Cersei. Going by how quickly Ned and Stannis were able to take one look at the kid and acknowledge him as King Robert's son, I'd say he probably looks like a young Robert as it is. I could easily see Gendry crossing paths with Cersei at the height of her paranoid dementia (she's getting there, no worries! lol) and totally screwing with her head... unintentionally at that. The real kicker would be if Arya was with him, in all her young Lyanna look-a-like glory. I'd love to see Cersei start cursing out what she believes to be the ghosts of Robert and Lyanna. That would be hilarious. :D

Archived