Arya, not Sansa, is the maid that will slay Littlefinger, the savage giant

Lost Melnibonean

Arya won't slay Littlefinger, in my opinion, as sweet as that would be. But, as she is a FM now, anybody wondering if a certain traitorous Umber might take possession of Winterfell? Their symbol is a giant after all. And Arya would be supremely motivated to take her home back from a non-Stark. Just a thought, and the heraldry is correct.

I think the Savage Giant could be Tyrion. He cast a Giant Shadow at the Wall when he went there in the first book. He is not a very nice character before he snaps and kills his father. If he comes as an ally with Dany, he may come with vengeance in his mind. Also, if he runs into Sansa again, I do not think it will be a happy one and he will necessarily want to shake hands with her either. He tells Jaime while in his cell that he thinks Sansa killed Joff which led to his plight and she did refuse him sex and he is a known rapist. I think Tyrion would, if the prophesy is him as the Giant, would try and take his husband rights and she fights him off but this may be getting carried away. I say the giant is either LF or Tyrion and the killer will be Sansa, most likely trying to protect herself from him/them.

Arya won't slay Littlefinger, in my opinion, as sweet as that would be. But, as she is a FM now, anybody wondering if a certain traitorous Umber might take possession of Winterfell? Their symbol is a giant after all. And Arya would be supremely motivated to take her home back from a non-Stark. Just a thought, and the heraldry is correct.

That's pretty good. Maybe a little too outside the box, but it's interesting to think about and what it would mean for what's going on now in the North.

I think the Savage Giant could be Tyrion. He cast a Giant Shadow at the Wall when he went there in the first book. He is not a very nice character before he snaps and kills his father. If he comes as an ally with Dany, he may come with vengeance in his mind. Also, if he runs into Sansa again, I do not think it will be a happy one and he will necessarily want to shake hands with her either. He tells Jaime while in his cell that he thinks Sansa killed Joff which led to his plight and she did refuse him sex and he is a known rapist. I think Tyrion would, if the prophesy is him as the Giant, would try and take his husband rights and she fights him off but this may be getting carried away. I say the giant is either LF or Tyrion and the killer will be Sansa, most likely trying to protect herself from him/them.

The savage giant could very well be Tyrion, but again, I think the signs and portents point to Arya, well, at least to Nymeria...

Tyrion's fate...

Tyrion Lannister looked up from his books and shivered, though the library was snug and warm. Something about the howling of a wolf took a man right out of his here and now and left him in a dark forest of the mind, running naked before the pack.

Tyrion I, Game 9

Tyrion could hear the rumble of the foemen's drums now. He remembered Robb Stark as he had last seen him, in his father's high seat in the Great Hall of Winterfell, a sword naked and shining in his hands. He remembered how the direwolves had come at him out of the shadows, and suddenly he could see them again, snarling and snapping, teeth bared in his face. Would the boy bring his wolves to war with him? The thought made him uneasy.

Tyrion VIII, Game 62

I suspect that The Second Dance of the Dragons will culminate at the Trident as armies led by Daenerys, Stannis, and Aegon meet. I expect Drogon the winged shadow will burn Stannis, and all his power will join Daenerys. But I also expect that Tyrion will betray Daenerys with Brown Ben and Viserion for Aegon's side. I could see Tyrion later wishing he hadn't alone in the woods. I could then see Nymeria picking up his sent.
Somebody will find Tyrion a few chapters later...

Ulf son of Umar layvin a pool of congealing blood, his arm gone at the elbow,

Tyrion VIII, Game 62

Why Ulf son of Umar? Well, I see some associations between Ulf the White and his role in the Dance of Dragons, and Tyrion either riding, or influencing Brown Ben Plum on, Viserion in the Second Dance of the Dragons.

Yes, I read about this description three weeks ago when reading AGOT. I wonder ...is there another mention of Tyrion being a giant in the books?

But I don't see why Sansa would like to kill him, ... and while I think that Tyrion may want vengeance, IMHO he won't harm Sansa.

...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Nevertheless, I also think that the point of the prophecy is that the same maid must be Sansa (or anyone with her face.... but I don't think so). So, I think that the person in disguise must be the giant, not the maid....

Sansa may be repulsed by Tyrion, but I don't think she holds any sort of ill-will towards him.  At least, I can't recall any.  Especially ill-will that would cause her to kill him.  Besides, Tyrion actually treated Sansa (for the most part) with class, refusing to bed her etc so I don't see any reason why Sansa would be rage-filled enough to kill him.

Sansa may be repulsed by Tyrion, but I don't think she holds any sort of ill-will towards him.  At least, I can't recall any.  Especially ill-will that would cause her to kill him.  Besides, Tyrion actually treated Sansa (for the most part) with class, refusing to bed her etc so I don't see any reason why Sansa would be rage-filled enough to kill him.

Exactly. Sansa doesn't hate Tyrion at all. She pities him (pity is death to desire) and doesn't want to be married to him. Or to associate with him in any other way. She's through with Lannisters.

The sample Arya chapter from TWOW revealed that Arya is a sociopathic loose cannon.  While the House of Black and White value sociopaths, they won't tolerate a loose cannon in their organization.  I think they will kill her soon after that sample chapter.  She will never make it back to the north as Arya Stark.  She comes back as Nymeria, the Direwolf.  Her soul will live on in Nymeria.

Sansa takes down Littlefinger. 

I don't agree with it but I think the poster above was suggesting that Tyrion was the one who would be coming after Sansa, and that Sansa would have ro defend herself.

IMO, it's a foregone conclusion that Sansa will end up killing LF.  How, why, or when is unclear, but I do think Sansa will.  More then likely she will uncover his on-going plot of poisoning SweetRobin and kill him out of spite?  Who knows.  But i'm fairly confident that she'll end LF's life.

Everybody wants Arya to kill everyone.  Kill Dany.  Kill LF.  Kill Ramsey.  Kill the Freys.  Kill Cersei.....people are going a little crazy with the "Arya must kill everyone!" thoughts.

Arya is not connected in any way, shape, or form to the LF plotline, nor will she be.  He'll be long dead before Arya makes her way back to her sister.

you're right.

The sample Arya chapter from TWOW revealed that Arya is a sociopathic loose cannon.  While the House of Black and White value sociopaths, they won't tolerate a loose cannon in their organization.  I think they will kill her soon after that sample chapter.  She will never make it back to the north as Arya Stark.  She comes back as Nymeria, the Direwolf.  Her soul will live on in Nymeria.

Arya was doing exactly what the HoB&W wanted her to do in that chapter... [spoiler] fake her own death and create problems for Swyft and the Sealord with the scandal. They won't care that she killed a guard to do it (and may have expected it) ..and they can't know that coincidentally, he was a name on her list. That's her "gift" from the gods.[/spoiler] 

It will be another successful mission.

But she's not "the same maid"...

You know what they say about 'hope', it breeds eternal misery. 

Perhaps this mught be a clue as to how Arya will get close...

Arya looked down at her ragged clothes and bare feet, all cracked and callused. She saw the dirt under her nails, the scabs on her elbows, the scratches on her hands. Septa Mordane wouldn't even know me, I bet. Sansa might, but she'd pretend not to. "My mother's a lady, and my sister, but I never was."

Arya V, Clash 19

• 6 months later...

In Sansa I, Storm 6, The Bear and the Maiden Fair was was written to underscore Sansa's emotions when she met the Queen of Thorns, at first believing the Tyrells would we'd her to Loras, and then realizing that they intended to wed her to the cripple Willas. 

In Jon I, Storm 7, The Dornishman's Wife was written to foreshadow Able's fate at Winterfell when we met the Mance. 

Then, in Arya II, Storm 13, we get this...

Off to Gulltown to see the fair maid, heigh-ho, heigh-ho.

I’ll steal a sweet kiss with the point of my blade, heigh-ho, heigh-ho.

I’ll make her my love and we’ll rest in the shade, heigh-ho, heigh-ho.

Is the fair maid Arya or Sansa? Sansa doesn't really have anything to do with Arya II, Storm 13. That last line, "we'll rest in the shade," suggests somebody is gonna die, apparently the "fair maid." So who is going to kill the fair maid? 

Both songs allude to (at best) wildling "wedding" customs and (at worst) rape, ultimately a woman who does not have control over who she is with (either via marriage or sex).  Sansa is the "maid from Gulltown" (or rather Alayne is), but has already refused to accept the wildling custom of carrying off the maid when she refused to run off with The Hound, who also held a knife to her.  Perhaps, in the future, her refusal to be Alayne will parallel her refusal of another man who either wants to wed or bed her or who wants to carry her off.  (I'm thinking a refusal to marry Harry if the former or a refusal to escape with The Mad Mouse if the latter.)  Ironically, Sansa refuses for her love life to be a song.  After said scene with the Hound, she does not wish to marry Sweetrobin and is ready to tell Lysa as much, and does not wish to be married off again when Harry the Heir's engagement is proposed to her.  Sansa has yet to accept a man that she does end up with, but refusal is a means to self-efficacy as well.

Sweetsunray, Sly Wren, and Blind Betha have great topics concerning the Bear and the Maiden Fair in regards to Sansa, although I think the latter user's thread got lost in the new forum swap.  Great reads, if you haven't already done so. 

2 hours ago, Isobel Harper said:

Both songs allude to (at best) wildling "wedding" customs and (at worst) rape, ultimately a woman who does not have control over who she is with (either via marriage or sex).  Sansa is the "maid from Gulltown" (or rather Alayne is), but has already refused to accept the wildling custom of carrying off the maid when she refused to run off with The Hound, who also held a knife to her.  Perhaps, in the future, her refusal to be Alayne will parallel her refusal of another man who either wants to wed or bed her or who wants to carry her off.  (I'm thinking a refusal to marry Harry if the former or a refusal to escape with The Mad Mouse if the latter.)  Ironically, Sansa refuses for her love life to be a song.  After said scene with the Hound, she does not wish to marry Sweetrobin and is ready to tell Lysa as much, and does not wish to be married off again when Harry the Heir's engagement is proposed to her.  Sansa has yet to accept a man that she does end up with, but refusal is a means to self-efficacy as well.

Sweetsunray, Sly Wren, and Blind Betha have great topics concerning the Bear and the Maiden Fair in regards to Sansa, although I think the latter user's thread got lost in the new forum swap.  Great reads, if you haven't already done so. 

I am familiar with them. They are well done, but I tend to think they each made a mountain out of a mole hill (then again, I should talk, eh?).  

The line "and then we'll rest in the shade" sure sounds to me like death. 

4 hours ago, TheSnowInWinterfell said:

The OP is quite interesting and well thought out. However, the issue I see is that the GOHH was right on with everything she saw. I doubt she messed up on the last one.

But if Arya resembles Sansa, colors her hair and does a little voodoo, when she sticks the Needle in, then the woods witch would still be right. 

Archived