Meat cleaver guy (Book Spoilers)

My apologies if this has already been covered elsewhere but did anyone noticed the dude with the meat cleaver swung over his shoulder? He was a bad-ass and I was wondering if he might have a future role to play?

I don't know how to do spoiler tags from the app on my phone, but...

Could he be Donal Noye?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As stated above, tis the badass that is Three finger Hobb.
Honestly we could use some more nights watchmen cast for the upcoming season, given Jons arc. My guess is we'll see new faces arrive with Cotter Pyke and Ser Denys Mallister. I truly Hope Hobbs gets more showtime, though he will probably be a different actor than the one we saw in Episode 9. (Just like how the bloke who played Bowen Marsh in previous seasons, miraculously became Othell Yarwyck.

Given that Stannis, Melisandre, Davos, Selyse and Shireen (all people who have had speaking roles before) have arrived at the Wall and joined the ranks of Jon, Sam, Ser Alliser, Janos Slynt and Maester Aemon, I doubt we'll see any new faces popping up at Castle Black.

There are already plenty people to juggle, and brothers like Bowen Marsh, Othell Yarwyck and Three-Fingered Hobb are actually already cast as extras who we mostly see in the background, but they are credited on imdb.

The best you can hope for, with regards to exploring more brothers of the Night's Watch, is seeing short/quick tidbits with them peppered around the background or used to intro a scene between more central characters.

Archived