Legend of Korra Season 3

Sci-2

Good trailer. To me, LoK is good because it explores the world of Avatar, which is always good, but suffers from weak characters. Either way, I'm excited for the new season.

Zuko is still alive? Gah, why did my two least favorite members of the Gaang live the longest?

We know that the Lion Turtles could give people the power to bend, so it's not impossible.

I'm hoping (but not optimistic) that they'll resist the temptation to pull a DBZ and keep trying to go "bigger, epic-er, etc". I mean, how do you top last season's finale in those regards?

Good trailer. To me, LoK is good because it explores the world of Avatar, which is always good, but suffers from weak characters. Either way, I'm excited for the new season.

Zuko is still alive? Gah, why did my two least favorite members of the Gaang live the longest?

:lmao: and I can't wait for season three..... This is the only show I watch on nickelodeon lol ....... It's not as good as Aang: TLA but I like the whole steam punk / early nineteen hundreds theme

looks good. Seems to be a lot more airbenders than previously thought. Wonder if Aang set up a secret clan just in case anyone tried to exterminate them again?

Who's the guy in prison doing an Iroh homage? One of the villains from earlier seasons?

Looks like we may get to see Katara cut loose although I'm possibly confusing her with her daughter.

It looks as though they will be travelling around which should be fun. Better yet they seem to be going to Ba sing se - which I always found to be the most disturbing culture in this show. I wonder if recovered from its police state and caste system?

Also Jeremy Zuckerman kicked ass with that score! Lol that was really awesome...

Lmao Red Snow really does exist lol my bad Leap..... (guess I'll have to change it again :p )

@Red

I think the spirits dying is a good add on to the show.

I really like Katara's daughter, she has that whole 'I know I was the family fuck up, who was supposed to be great, so I need to make thing right'

Also, was Bumi airbending? I doubt it, but I just want to confirm it

yeah, it looks like they're really upping the power levels overall. An earthbender lavabending under a street? Bumi airbending? My suspicion is that the way they address the inequality of the last two seasons is by giving everyone bending powers in some way.

yeah, it looks like they're really upping the power levels overall. An earthbender lavabending under a street? Bumi airbending? My suspicion is that the way they address the inequality of the last two seasons is by giving everyone bending powers in some way.

You'd almost think Lava-bending could be as much a firebenders domain as an earthbenders. That or new forms of bending have been unleashed by the spirits. It could be an interesting season. Looks gorgeous.

Sweet trailer. My guess on the new crop of airbenders is that it's somehow related to the reconnect with the spirit world. Judging by Bumi's apparent new abilities and surprised expression, it looks like the airbending abilities are suddenly manifesting in a bunch of people, maybe as the world's/nature's effort to regain balance among the nations. But at the same time, some of the new airbenders look really capable--like they've been training for a while. So who knows.

Either way, I am so pumped to be getting a bunch of new airbenders! Airbending is definitely my favorite, and we finally get to see it in action on par with the other elements. 100% approve. Someone's going to have to rewrite the rules of probending, though.

I looks like we're getting a bunch of new characters. At about :42 there's a girl with an eye tattoo that looks the same as Combustion Man in the first series. More mind-booms? Or is the tattoo just a gang symbol or something? Plus, the kid at :57 and the guy at 1:17 both show up a couple times in the trailer and seem like airbenders.

You'd almost think Lava-bending could be as much a firebenders domain as an earthbenders. That or new forms of bending have been unleashed by the spirits. It could be an interesting season. Looks gorgeous.

From what I remember of the first series lavabending was only something an avatar could do before. Avatar Roku died trying to redirect a volcano.

From what I remember of the first series lavabending was only something an avatar could do before. Avatar Roku died trying to redirect a volcano.

A great scene in the show's history. Maybe some of the benders have gained additional elements? If some non-benders have bending I guess some benders may have another eg earth and fire. The odd thing is that this season is supposed to pick up almost immediately from last season so some of these new benders are fast learners unless we are seeing scenes from later episodes too.

A great scene in the show's history. Maybe some of the benders have gained additional elements? If some non-benders have bending I guess some benders may have another eg earth and fire. The odd thing is that this season is supposed to pick up almost immediately from last season so some of these new benders are fast learners unless we are seeing scenes from later episodes too.

I was coming here to post this because I came to the same possible conclusion. If airbending powers are being handed out, it makes sense that the other elements are being distributed, too, and some people might be doubling up. That makes me wonder how far that could go, though. Will we get people with three elements or even all four? It's a bit of a leap from just the trailer, but it would be pretty cool. Maybe the new powers have something to do with the Avatar spirit being messed up for a while in the previous season.

I think that kid (the airbender who keeps showing up) will be a badass favorite...... Of mine :P

Me too! His haircut :D

I was coming here to post this because I came to the same possible conclusion. If airbending powers are being handed out, it makes sense that the other elements are being distributed, too, and some people might be doubling up. That makes me wonder how far that could go, though. Will we get people with three elements or even all four? It's a bit of a leap from just the trailer, but it would be pretty cool. Maybe the new powers have something to do with the Avatar spirit being messed up for a while in the previous season.

Me too! His haircut :D

Maybe having more than 2 would be too much like the Avatar but I think if normal folk get one then it's ok for some benders to have 2. It could be pretty cool to see amalgamation bending as we didn't get the chance with Aang and I don't recall Korra doing it either. Maybe it's easier if you just have two to play with, Also we now have the secondary elements so we could see what happens when you mix metal and electric bending - something pretty cool I'd imagine.

Maybe having more than 2 would be too much like the Avatar but I think if normal folk get one then it's ok for some benders to have 2. It could be pretty cool to see amalgamation bending as we didn't get the chance with Aang and I don't recall Korra doing it either. Maybe it's easier if you just have two to play with, Also we now have the secondary elements so we could see what happens when you mix metal and electric bending - something pretty cool I'd imagine.

Metal bending is just a form of earth bending and electricity bending is a form of fire bending (refer to the A-TLA series for confirmation ;))

Love that Zuko has finally showed up. If I'm honest, I care more about the dead characters (Aang, etc) or those related to the dead characters than about Korra or her friends. Either they should have made it further out without so many references to the past, or they should have made it a direct sequel- I think they haven't found a good middle ground, b/c the character we are supposed to like the most is not nearly as interesting as the characters around her. I'm also worried that everyone is getting too powerful...all of the sudden, in 50 years time, there are a lot of metal benders, blood benders, etc...something that never existed before Aang's time. I preferred it when people weren't all powerful.

Anyway, diatribe over, I look forward to this.

Metal bending is just a form of earth bending and electricity bending is a form of fire bending (refer to the A-TLA series for confirmation ;))

I know but metal bending was only discovered during the first show so it is a new one for the avatar and the potential double-benders to play with. That and not every earth/fire/water bender can use the secondary forms.

Love that Zuko has finally showed up. If I'm honest, I care more about the dead characters (Aang, etc) or those related to the dead characters than about Korra or her friends. Either they should have made it further out without so many references to the past, or they should have made it a direct sequel- I think they haven't found a good middle ground, b/c the character we are supposed to like the most is not nearly as interesting as the characters around her. I'm also worried that everyone is getting too powerful...all of the sudden, in 50 years time, there are a lot of metal benders, blood benders, etc...something that never existed before Aang's time. I preferred it when people weren't all powerful.

Anyway, diatribe over, I look forward to this.

I think it's also the lack of an adhesive group like team Aang had. Then again they aren't forced into such a small unit so it's trickier,

It's the supporting characters who tend to shine eg Bumi, the little snotty airbender kid and that mad enterpeneur from season 2. Tenzin stands out by far as the strongest of the main cast. Can't believe I never realised it was JK Simmons providing the voice - that's probably a large part of why the character shines,

Archived