New edition of The Lands of Ice and Fire?

Like a huge amount of SFF lovers I always enjoy maps of the various worlds and - for my favourites - usually acquire a large map to put on the wall.

So, of course I was delighted when I saw "The Lands of Ice and Fire" appear. I usually prefer more washed out "in world" stlye maps but the LoIaF maps are so well done I decided that those were my favourite out of all the ASoIaF maps available.

BUT...

I am slightly worried. With two books to come, is there any liklihood that locations not currently shown in LoIaF maps may get introduced?

I realise that a lot of collaboration occoured and there is already a lot more on the maps than we have seen (and some things we probably never will see) in ASoIaF, but still, a possibility?

One thing's for sure - the "Journeys" map charting the characters' movements will be obsolete (up to a point) as soon as WoW comes out.

However, would they release an updated set of maps just for this?

I'm playing a similar game with the books themselves - holding out buying nice editions until the series is done, hoping for a really nice collecters set to be released. I'm aware that I could get seriously burned here as if this doesn't happen I'll be looking to seek out ALL the hardbacks published so far (which are already crazy expensive, especially when it comes to the early books).

To buy or to wait... I'd appreciate any thoughts.

Archived