What will Marwyn do with Aemon’s body?

Mithras

The Targaryens always gave their fallen to the flames. Quhuru Mo would not allow a funeral pyre aboard the Cinnamon Wind, so Aemon’s corpse had been stuffed inside a cask of blackbelly rum to preserve it until the ship reached Oldtown.

A widow brought the dried corpse of her husband, covered with a crust of silvered leaves; such remnants were believed to have great power, especially if the deceased had been a sorcerer, as this one had.

Any ideas?

if he takes the body of aemon to danny and explains how it was the old man tried to reach out to her despite his age and unable to take the voyage and wanted to help her but died during the voyage

making danny to lit the fire on his pyre and give proper send away to demon ...which makes me think it will satisfy the prophecy about three fires to lit..

if we believe drogo funeral fire was to give live for dragons ...then aemon's can be fire lit for the dead and they both are relation to her

but iam not fully confident of this ...but i dont think that danny will straight away start to believe marwyn so if he explains about aemon and he is there on his stead will make her beleieve him ....

do u think it might be possible

Marwyn will take Aemons face a la faceless men, he will go to Dany and pretend to be Aemon. He will get close to her and kill one of her dragons or steal one. Is one of the people Quaithe warned her not to trust.

no he was not one of the people quaithe warned about....there is a chance that alleras may be quaithe talking to danny through glass candles..i hope he is a good guy and all those talks in epilogue not just turns out to be act ...i think he is going to help danny and warn about maesters if he makes to danny in the first place

no he was not one of the people quaithe warned about....there is a chance that alleras may be quaithe talking to danny through glass candles..i hope he is a good guy and all those talks in epilogue not just turns out to be act ...i think he is going to help danny and warn about maesters if he makes to danny in the first place

Alleras cannot be Quaithe because Quaithe has actually met Dany. There were witnesses. Quaithe was in Essos while Alleras is studying in Oldtown. I take it you haven't figured out the riddle of the Sphinx.

Alleras cannot be Quaithe because Quaithe has actually met Dany. There were witnesses. Quaithe was in Essos while Alleras is studying in Oldtown. I take it you haven't figured out the riddle of the Sphinx.

s i know that sphinx actually is sarella sand and thats wat made me think her as quaithe who is a women ..and sarella is alleras then she has access to glass candles i believe quaithe whoever she is speaking through glass candles bcoz i dont believe that quaithe is a version of danny's future

i know that she cant be there but is there a chance she might have been there in qarth so she can see for herself the dragons ...bcoz ones dragons were born the glass candles would have start burning and sarella could have gone to see danny and dragons in qarth..and she is the one who tells other novices in oldtown of danny and dragons in FFC prologue

and the fact that danny always asks quaithe to not give riddles and give straight warnings ...and this may also refer quaithe as alleras ..but again i maybe wrong its only wat i felt when i read the last two books so forgive me if iam wrong

Sorcerers pay dear sacrifices to learn magic. There was a rumor about Rohanne Webber that she was selling her unborn children to a dark power. Whether it was true or false, the idea here is to sacrifice reproductive ability and/or offspring to do powerful magic. That is why some people including me think that Varys is a sorcerer and he willingly sacrificed his manly parts to learn magic.

This looks like the vow of celibacy for the maesters who dedicate their lives to scholarship and learning. The maesters sacrifice their surnames and right to father children for knowledge. Therefore, I think the maesters and the sorcerers are not so different factions. For example Gilly considered both of them as the same thing (though it might be only in the show).

I think Aemon’s body might be a powerful magical artifact because of Aemon's kingsblood and his status as somewhat similar to a sorcerer.

Marwyn will do nothing with the body, because he left Oldtown to travel to Meereen with the intention to be a Counselor of the Queen.

He said he would leave with the Cinnamon Wind and as far as we know Aemon's body was still in that cask.

Archived