Why Targaryens have actual dragon blood.

Starspear

Paper Weaver,

no idea what you imagine Summerhall was, but all we know for sure is that the palace burned to the ground. Now, there could have been treachery involved, or it could have been an accident (say, a magical ritual going awry), but a fire does not kill everybody at once. Usually, there is enough time for some people to escape.

If the traitors tried to kill anyone involved many people would have to be involved in the plot. Say, some guardsmen would have to be bribed to block the gates so that the people inside could not escape the fire. People would have realized that foul play was involved afterwards. Say, because they realized that all the corpses were near the (blocked) doors.

If treason was involved, then my guess is that the traitors messed with the magic that caused the fire. I don't believe they caused the fire itself.

I see no chances that Jaehaerys, young Aerys (and/or young Tywin, as some people seem to suggest) were involved in such a conspiracy, though. Especially not Jaehaerys, since the whole thing did not only kill his father but also his brother Prince Duncan, his wife Lady Jenny, and possibly their children, too.

And I also don't see a reason why any Targaryen - Jaehaerys, Rhaella, or Aerys - would not stop Egg from bringing back the dragons. That would have strengthened House Targaryen.

Any traitors/conspirators would have to be against dragons/magic per se (Citadel), or be personal enemies of King Aegon V (perhaps due to him championing the smallfolk over the lords, as has been hinted at by the App?), or both.

Archived