Small Questions v. 10083

RumHam

I know that giants are thought of as a myth in most of Westeros, but are there at least some members of the Night's Watch who believed they existed (before one was living with them at Castle Black.)

Cotter Pyke writes of vast herds of elk, streaming south and east toward the sea, and mammoths as well. He says one of his men discovered huge, misshapen footprints not three leagues from Eastwatch.

I'm assuming those were giant footprints? But it seems odd neither Pyke or Mormont would identify them as such.

Not sure if "small questions" is the place to put this question - but I figure somebody knows the answer.

At the same given time, let's say "Sack of King's Landing", how old is:

*Baby Aegon

*Baby (or in womb) Jon Snow

Does this tell us anything about Rhaegar's character?

I know that giants are thought of as a myth in most of Westeros, but are there at least some members of the Night's Watch who believed they existed (before one was living with them at Castle Black.)

I'm assuming those were giant footprints? But it seems odd neither Pyke or Mormont would identify them as such.

I cannot really put my finger on it, but when reading the parts where the Night's Watch officers with Mormont present talk, it seems at least Stark, Qhorin and Mormont know much and more, but cannot talk openly about it, for fear of being put of as snark&grumkin-believers.

Not sure if "small questions" is the place to put this question - but I figure somebody knows the answer.

At the same given time, let's say "Sack of King's Landing", how old is:

*Baby Aegon

*Baby (or in womb) Jon Snow

Baby Aegon is 12 up to 14 months old. Jon Snow is newborn or soon to be born by a fourtnight max.

edit:

Does this tell us anything about Rhaegar's character?

What do you mean?

Baby Aegon is 12 up to 14 months old.

Jon Snow is newborn or soon to be born by a fourtnight max.

edit:

What do you mean?

OK - thanks.

I was just trying to determine if Rhaegar/Elia would have conceived Aegon (VI) inside of the period of time where Rhaegar had/met in love with Lyanna (assumed)?

I was just trying to determine if Rhaegar/Elia would have conceived Aegon (VI) inside of the period of time where Rhaegar had/met in love with Lyanna (assumed)?

It looks like and makes sense Aegon was concieved shortly after the Great Tourney at Harrenhal (although we cannot say for sure.)

(added:)

But certainly about a year before R+L ran away together.

It looks like and makes sense Aegon was concieved shortly after the Great Tourney at Harrenhal (although we cannot say for sure.)

Thanks.

So... it sounds like the common theory (among those on this site) is that Rhaegar was mostly searching out a woman to have his 3rd child with... simply to fulfill "the prophecy"?

Is that the common theory?

I mean...

a) if Elia had birthed Aegon in the months prior to Tourney at Harrenhal, then Rhaegar is a pretty big douche to queen Lyanna QoL&B considering his poor wife suffered so badly from the child birth. (This is not true. As Tourney was in 281AC, Aegon born in 282AC).

b-)if Elia is pregnant with Aegon during Tourney at Harrenhall, then Rhaegar is a pretty big douche to queen Lyanna QoL&B considering his poor wife is pregnant.

c) if Elia is not yet with child during Tourney at Harrenhall... then Rhaegar would be an ENORMOUS douche to want to sleep with her to produce his 2nd AFTER he has recently crowned Lyanna as QoL&B.

d) Elia is just completely OK with Rhaegar pursuing Lyanna.

(I'm a numbers-guy... my brain cycles through most every permutation of events)

Only AFTER Elia has their 2nd child (Aegon VI) is she declared to be unfit to have more children.

But yet... before this "truth" is known (that she can not birth any more)... Rhaegar seems to be chasing Lyanna.

What is the common interpretation of this?

I think it was written that way for the reader. We of course know thst the Others have returned and we see thst some funky stuff is coming at that point, but we don't know what's myth snd wjat is really out there yet, other than the Others. We get this suggestion of giants and we end up seeing giants. But we got a hint or two about giant ice spiders and we don't know for sure if that's myth or if we'll actually see those.

Hey,

Thanks.

So... it sounds like the common theory (among those on this site) is that Rhaegar was mostly searching out a woman to have his 3rd child with... simply to fulfill "the prophecy"?

it is one possibility being discussed in the R + L = J threads, you need to look there to continue.

You can pretty certainly discard your assumptions a b and c.

This has been suggested, you can discuss in the current R + L = J thread.

Not here, because it is no small question that could easily be answered.

(edited tpyos)

Thanks.

I mean...

a) if Elia had birthed Aegon in the months prior to Tourney at Harrenhal, then Rhaegar is a pretty big douche to queen Lyanna QoL&B considering his poor wife suffered so badly from the child birth. (This is not true. As Tourney was in 281AC, Aegon born in 282AC).

b-)if Elia is pregnant with Aegon during Tourney at Harrenhall, then Rhaegar is a pretty big douche to queen Lyanna QoL&B considering his poor wife is pregnant.

c) if Elia is not yet with child during Tourney at Harrenhall... then Rhaegar would be an ENORMOUS douche to want to sleep with her to produce his 2nd AFTER he has recently crowned Lyanna as QoL&B.

(I'm a numbers-guy... my brain cycles through most every permutation of events)

Only AFTER Elia has their 2nd child (Aegon VI) is she declared to be unfit to have more children.

But yet... before this "truth" is known (that she can not birth any more)... Rhaegar seems to be chasing Lyanna.

What is the common interpretation of this?

Answered in the appropriate thread

Hey, does anyone know when, if and where Rogues will be published in Australia? I would like it in book form...

I saw it in a bookshop in Indonesia (shop not open early in the morning alas). If its reached here, it should be in Aus already...

I saw it in a bookshop in Indonesia (shop not open early in the morning alas). If its reached here, it should be in Aus already...

Thanks - I called up my fav bookshop to see if it was in and they didn't know anything about it, and when I looked it up on online bookshops in Aus it didn't seem to be listed - which is why I asked. But maybe I will just head over there tomorrow after work.

(added:)

But certainly about a year before R+L ran away together.

I always thought it was after, obviously. Make-up sex, because Rhaegar didn't want to spend the rest of his marriage sleeping on the couch =(

Archived