[No Spoilers] EP410 Discussion

Ran

1) It looked like Stannis has the lager army and Mance was standing with 40 men max. Many showfans will say how did Stannis got that foce? Isnt he defeated in blackwater? And they will say, yeah, he loan some money. Where are the mammoths and giats and the 100,000 wildlings? or at least the 20k wildlings?

2) Leaf, a children of the forest, looks like simply, a child. I thought i remembered reading she had catlike eyes and copper/bronze skin? I was thinking of a night elf looking, with diff. skin colou. and the Bloodraven seems just an oldman sitting in a tree, not the very withered one i imgained from the books.

3) Wherever the whores go? Okay so no tysha, so no where whores go. But shouldnt tyrion say something to shae first?

4) Jaime and Cersei sex scene is anti climatic for me. Jaime is supposed to save Tyion in a few while. his mind set is getting different. he's stated to fall away from cersei.

5)Ygritte funeral fire is okay, but no dialogue between Stannis, Mel, and Jon? i think it is a better ending for season 4.

6) There's no Lady stoneheart.

I am sorry to be the one to tell you, but ... This is no spoiler therad. I am not a reader And I do not know what you are talking about. So if you want to express your feelings about what did not happen please do so in a Book Spoiler Thread. People here do not want to know what didnt happen, we want to disscuse what did happen and what would perhaps happen, what we think will happen in the story of Game of Thrones.

So to the episode/finale and the story of The Game of Thrones.

I think this was the best episod this season. We have children rebelion from all. Every scene was great, and the developmant in the story. The movemant of the story was one step up. Awsome! I can not pick one to start from all were good. But to start with Jon first.

Jon - I do not think he came just to kill Mance first, he came to talk to him first and if that doesent work kill him. Inerupted by Stannis, he had to play along for the peace because the north must not lose a man by mans hand. The Winter is coming. They need as much as posible man to hold the wall against the White Walkers. Man have seen enough blood. By the sound of this I think that in the naxt season we will see The North much, to hold the wall Jon will have to have the hole North at his side, he will have to take over The Winterfall. Fight with Boltons. Good!

Arya - Loved the developmant in her story. The chance of freedom sounds so sweet. Arya took a chance to take control of her life. Loved how it took play. Brienn came to Aryas rescue, how epic. Aryas mother had sent Brienn to find and help her daughters and she did. She had found and set Arya free. I loved the fight between Brienn and the Hound. And I loved that Brienn won. Maybe Hound did came to like Arya at the end, I think thats why she didnt want to end him. I think Arya will be just fine, she had learnd to take care of herself and defend herself. Go Arya! I think next season we will se Arya little less. But what we see is growt of her.

Brenn - His story is the most mystery to me. I do not know what to say of it right now. I guess we will have to see developmant in this line next season a lot.

Cerasi - In one point I guess I felt sorry for her. And I think brave in some curcumstance. Standing up to Tywin The Lion like that, good for you Cerasi, but what good is it. what will hapen of her now. What kind of Queen would she be now, Evil Queen. Now that Tywin is gone, she will rule. I see her downfall naxt season, it will be awsome. The Hous of Lannister is fallen hard.

Jamie - The only child whom Tywin loved the most has betrayed him so hard. He had saved Tyrion and for that he gets absolution. He is back to zero in my eyes. we'll se next season where he goes.

Tyrion - Awsome! the moments that changes you life. Tyrion saw the opportunity to confront his father one last time and he took it. But what does he find! Shae in Tywins bed! The lieing bitch! She grabs the knife, she wants to kill him. I realy hated her in that moment. What love can do to you. Finding Tywin was the great dessission. Be free from the Son of a Bi***. Manipulative busterd. Trying to get out of it by giving Tyrion a fals Fatherly Love and promisses. Arow for you. Still trying to put down Tyrion. Arow for you. Bay, bay! Good for Tyrion. But in the last scene Varys was worried, you could see it crearly. But why? He understund what Tyrion had done. Tywin is gone. What is his next move, he didnt plan for this. Littelfinger came first to Varys in this round. What happenes to Tyrion is to be seen.

Dany - Oh Dany! I think Dany is on the greatest Life Test. Are you the Queen everybody awaits? Well she needs to pass this test. For me, in this episode she was not the child she was the parent. You have to punish your children for misbehaving. That story of the peasent was moving, and as a parent who has children you completly identify with him. But as the mother who had lost a child, how would you punish the guilty? When she decided to chain them and leave them there for their punishmant was the most movieng moment for me. A+ for the scene and acting. If she wants to become the Leader, The Queen she has to learn how to rule. And I think she is doing great. We will see Dany a lot next season I hope.

The death of the hound and the survival of the mountain really made me....uncomfortable...(sorry that this one not being a native speaker and can not find some other more appropriate words....)

But some belief still remains that maybe the hound could survive? After all the God of Light permitted his life once... or could that permission was made only because the God needed the hound to protect and help Arya approach to her destiny back then...?

Ah.....Really eager to know what happened to the hound but really reluctant to hear any other spoilers....could someone here just tell me ONLY if the hound survived?

Something about Stannis strikes me as evil. Maybe it's the music lol.

Also, I expect the Mountain come back like Frankenstein, the way they described the procedure.

Anyone else love the special effects of the Brandon Stark scene? The skeletons reminded me of Pirates of the Carribean, so cool :) The grenades special effects were pretty as well. Maybe they can add some other special powers, like in X-Men :)

A ) No one hates Stannis, Stannis is awesome

B )They weren't about to negotiate peace, Jon wasn't there to negotiate, but to kill Mance, and in reality all Mance did was demand the Night's Watch surrender or die.

C ) The fight was extremely lacking, since apparently most of the budget went to episode 9, but we can assume that they didn't expect to be attacked north of the Wall, so Stannis' men caught them unawares.

D ) He was outside his kingdom by a couple hundred yards and saved his kingdom from a wildling attack (which no one else was willing to do). Unless of course you meant that he's not really the king, then you'll face the wrath of every Stannis-fan on the forums shortly...

I like the fire grenade, but I would prefer it if they don't go too X-Men with it. I like how Bran's arc is more spiritual than it is about giving him everything he personally wants. He would like to be a powerful warrior but his destiny is something different. The magic in this series tends to move more towards the subtle, at least those that are used by main characters. Dany hatching dragons is probably the biggest thing -- the rest of it is always just shadows and epileptic fits and things that cost a lot to use and don't necessary generate big explosions. I would rather have things like the fireballs just be occasional things that only minor characters can use, if only to spare the special FX budget!

Also, I expect the Mountain come back like Frankenstein, the way they described the procedure.

Anyone else love the special effects of the Brandon Stark scene? The skeletons reminded me of Pirates of the Carribean, so cool :) The grenades special effects were pretty as well. Maybe they can add some other special powers, like in X-Men :)

Frankenstein was the doctor, not the creature ;)

I thought the skeletons were pretty cool, myself ^^

Edited by sj4iy

Haha...the skeleton fighting was also my favorite action scene in this episode or even in this whole season. Although it was a small-scale combat with less than enough budget, in my opinion it contained most vivid skeleton warrior models in the entire screen history.(skeletons, not zombies )

Well I think my preference of skeleton roots in being a fan of Heroes of Might and Magic when I was a chil, and I still can't keep my head when I see good images of these kind of stuff today.

I like the fire grenade, but I would prefer it if they don't go too X-Men with it. I like how Bran's arc is more spiritual than it is about giving him everything he personally wants. He would like to be a powerful warrior but his destiny is something different. The magic in this series tends to move more towards the subtle, at least those that are used by main characters. Dany hatching dragons is probably the biggest thing -- the rest of it is always just shadows and epileptic fits and things that cost a lot to use and don't necessary generate big explosions. I would rather have things like the fireballs just be occasional things that only minor characters can use, if only to spare the special FX budget!

Well I think the Magic in these series was far more than subtle. Compared with the mysterious power of the God of Light--foreboding, resurgent and curse--The hatching of dragons seems not so inconceivable at all.

So I think the Magic in Westeros is very powerful and arcane whereas the spells related to combat are not so impressed. As a result, there are not powerful wizards or sorceress who grasp sort of massive destruction spells in this world. However these is some really super power related to quantum mechanics..... :blushing:

The death of the hound and the survival of the mountain really made me....uncomfortable...(sorry that this one not being a native speaker and can not find some other more appropriate words....) But some belief still remains that maybe the hound could survive? After all the God of Light permitted his life once... or could that permission was made only because the God needed the hound to protect and help Arya approach to her destiny back then...? Ah.....Really eager to know what happened to the hound but really reluctant to hear any other spoilers....could someone here just tell me ONLY if the hound survived?

Aw man, don't tempt the spoilers. These so called 'no spoilers' forums still let the odd one through.

thought was a very good episode with many things i did not see coming, mostly tyrion's plot

one kind of interesting thought i think, with tywin dead do all the rights, castlery rock, etc etc go to tyrion now technically?

seeing how jaime is still a kingsguard, wouldn't everything go to the next living son, which would be tyrion?

think we will see the tyrells try and make a push for taking over kings landing, especially once margery marries tommen

cersei will prolly try to maintain control, but i think with tywin gone, much of the power the lannister name use to command will be gone

wasn't too surprised to see stannis in the north, there was foreshadowing in previous episodes, however i wasn't very happy with how much detail they gave it

they didn't fully explain his reasoning for going up there, besides his interaction with jon about mance he was hardly featured anymore

the same with bran's storyline, he finally gets to the tree, we are given the children of the forest name which has been mentioned before, but we dont get any new information about what is going on

didn't see any of sansa or littlefinger which was suprising, unsure of what their next steps are

was surprised how cold arya was with the hound, they had been starting i thought to grow closer, and he stood up for her by fighting brienne, and the hound again becomes another character that we dont know the fate of

glad to see arya going to bravos, and was cool to see how much the captains demeanor changed once arya showed him the coin, she is going to become a beast

danys storyline still pretty weak

glad to see arya going to bravos, and was cool to see how much the captains demeanor changed once arya showed him the coin, she is going to become a beast

Did Arya go to Bravos? It seems that she wanted to go to the north but the captain denied, because he planned to come home in Bravos. Then Arya showed him the coin with saying the code. As a result the captain changed his mind. So I thought it means the ship would take Arya to the wall?

Did Arya go to Bravos? It seems that she wanted to go to the north but the captain denied, because he planned to come home in Bravos. Then Arya showed him the coin with saying the code. As a result the captain changed his mind. So I thought it means the ship would take Arya to the wall?

Nope, she's going to Braavos. When he told her that he couldn't take her to the Wall because he was headed towards Braavos, she remembered the coin given to her by Jaqen H'ghar and gave it to the Captain.

Edited by sj4iy

1) It looked like Stannis has the lager army and Mance was standing with 40 men max. Many showfans will say how did Stannis got that foce? Isnt he defeated in blackwater? And they will say, yeah, he loan some money. Where are the mammoths and giats and the 100,000 wildlings? or at least the 20k wildlings?

2) Leaf, a children of the forest, looks like simply, a child. I thought i remembered reading she had catlike eyes and copper/bronze skin? I was thinking of a night elf looking, with diff. skin colou. and the Bloodraven seems just an oldman sitting in a tree, not the very withered one i imgained from the books.

3) Wherever the whores go? Okay so no tysha, so no where whores go. But shouldnt tyrion say something to shae first?

4) Jaime and Cersei sex scene is anti climatic for me. Jaime is supposed to save Tyion in a few while. his mind set is getting different. he's stated to fall away from cersei.

5)Ygritte funeral fire is okay, but no dialogue between Stannis, Mel, and Jon? i think it is a better ending for season 4.

6) There's no Lady stoneheart.

i don't think Mance had all 100,000 wildlings in that one encampment, the battle was pretty short in the book too, sure there were mammoths and giants running around but nothing we didn't already see in 4x09. There was no need to make this a drawn out battle, this is just Stannis showing up (surprise) and Mance is taken captive. The child of the forest i thought was very creepy.

Hello dudes and dudettes.

Got a hundred things I'd like to express, but due to lack of time I'm just going to note something that seems passed under the radar, when the (fake) Maester trying to heal The Mountain, states that "the process will probably (completely?) change him". Just curious to see in what state he's going to be brought back. I don't think anyone wants to see this guy again as the good old beast.

• 4 weeks later...