How would you rate episode 410?

Ran

How would you rate episode 410?  

1,081 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

stannis/jon/Mance - fucking great! Especially Jon/Mance and the toasts. Best part of episode

horrible CGI for the Jason and the Argonauts quality skeletons. WTF

Awesome Brienne/Arya/Hound!!

very lackluster Tryion/Tywin. We got 7 minutes of beetles and no 7 minutes of Tysha and the hate for Jaime from Tyrion!!! WTF!!

NO LSH!!!

wow. Just wow.

Edited by mickyd

6/10

They did it again. Another finale comes in flat.

To their credit, they covered everything that needed to be covered. From Stannis north of the Wall to Tywin's death. From Arya and Hound to Dany chaining the dragons. Bran meeting Bloodraven was covered quickly but decently. Their choice of scenes doesn't bother me. Despite the lack of Lady Stoneheart (I'll live).

There were some nice parts. Jon and Mance, the burnings at the Wall, and Qyburn and Cersei were well done. The fight scene between Brienne and Sandor was good; very graphic. Bran's scene was efficient if somewhat underwhelming. Jojen's death is the major shocker, though it makes sense. "Mercyed" by Meera while dying was quite moving actually. Varys returning to the ship to flee after hearing the bells at the Red Keep was a good addition.

But as television episode in this series it came in below standard. The dialogue was flat. Very flat. They had better lines from the book for Tywin's death. The discussion after Stannis's arrival was written fresh . . . but it still lagged.

Tywin's death was . . . I don't know. Unfulfilling? His trying to talk Tyrion out of it was quite different from the books. That didn't bother me. It's just such a monumental death and it was underwhelming.

Ending with Arya. I liked her taking ship to Braavos from the books. The scene was faithful to that. But I'm not sure how a regular audience feels the impact of that decision.

It wasn't a disaster. But it wasn't as good as it was billed to be.

Another episode where it feels like they were just going through the motions. The Mountain and the Viper was the best episode of the season.

Edited by A Man Reads

Everyone needs to relax on the SH bit. There is plenty of time to introduce her if they so choose. She's in what two chapters? I don't think they need to introduce her that early.

The covered their basis in an action packed episode. 9/10

No Lady Stoneheart...that's the perfect "Luke, I am your father!" shocker ending, but nope, we get Arya running around a ship. They even set up Lady Stoneheart perfectly from the "previously on GoT" clip and in Brienne's exchange with Arya. I'm really disappointed. What were they thinking?

Jaime's rescue of Tyrion was awfully rushed. It came completely out of the blue. One minute we see Jaime and Cersei going at it on a table, the next minute Jaime rescuing Tyrion? Weird.

Not a fan of confirming Jojen's death. Book spoilers are not welcome on the show, at least to me. Sadly, it's going to get worse, and I may stop watching for that reason alone.

The fight with the Hound and Brienne was alright, but whatever. I'm not watching for the fight scenes.

Stannis' big moment was great, except for the creepy music. Can they not even have him do something noble without giving it dark overtones? He just traveled halfway across the damn world to save the day.

The showrunners have completely lost their way, I'm sorry to say. I hope to God GRRM gets WoW out soon. Each season is getting weaker (yes, I know it's the most popular show on HBO etc. etc. etc. - so what?)

This episode might be a 10, but I've never felt more deflated after a Thrones episode.

A good way to put it. Show-only people are probably freaking out right now. But that Tyrion/Tywin confrontation was.... so underwhelming and so rushed. It was the one thing I was certain they would nail, because it involves King's Landing and all their favorites. But instead... what was that?

I don't know. I'm pretty fucking pissed. Years and years of pent up frustration over his wife, all boiling down to this confrontation with his father. And shae? She just sort of fights and then he strangles her? The fuck? THE FUCK? :V That being said, everything that the episode did if one isn't comparing it to the books..... :frown5: ....It did do pretty well. I got a little teary eyed about the 3 eyed raven, even though I don't give two shits about Bran.

I can't rate this episode currently as I'm too pissed off. :C

I could give two shits about Lady Stoneheart. Thought she was a terrible character as it was so I'm glad they didn't introduce her here. If they do introduce her, it'll be next season when they can sign Michelle Fairley for the whole season, not when she's in the middle of filming 24. Never did understand the love for LSH, nor how people would rate an episode to the point of calling it shit simply because she wasn't introduced.

With that out of the way, excellent episode. Everything ended where it should. Dany chained up the dragons. Tyrion killed Shae and Tywin after Jaime let him out. Arya is going to Braavos. The Hound is being left for dead. Stannis saved the day. Bran made it to Bloodraven. Thought it was great all around and even enjoyed some of the changes (Hound/Brienne fight for example). Don't really have anything to complain about.

Everyone needs to relax on the SH bit. There is plenty of time to introduce her if they so choose. She's in what two chapters? I don't think they need to introduce her that early.

The covered their basis in an action packed episode. 9/10

Fuck that. Random pointless brothel scenes in every other fucking episode, Tyrion and Shae ad naseum. But, not a minute for Stoneheart? Fuck that. Did I say fuck that? I don't care whether she got two chapters or not. If we got Pod in a brothel, we should get Stoneheart. Fuck them.

The only awesome thing about the episode was Brienne vs the Hound. And that is 100% show. The CGI on the wights was hilarious. The Three eyed crow looked like he's around 75 and just sat onto the branches as Bran walked in. The Child of the forest actually looked better than I thought they would make them....so there's that. Tyrion with Tywin was good, but the beginning Tyrion with Jaime was pretty rushed....Don't even get me started on the Stannis part..............And before people tell me Im just hating...I'm always trying to defend this show. But that was just lame. Underwhelming.

D&D fucking suck. I liked Bloodraven well enough (nothing compared to my imagination but whatever) 7/10. The fact that they couldn't get a 10 from me with the source material this show is based on is hilarious. They're awful.

I gave it a 5. A fuckin 5 for a finale. D&D blow

I gave it a 9. They did a good job rapping up a number of storylines in a limited amount of time and generally did a good job at it. I liked the Brienne/Hound fight but the underlying premise made no sense, Arya is Robin Arryns first cousin, her being denied entry to the Vale did not add up. Some people will claim Tyrion was whitewashed again but in this case I'll disagree, the Tywin kill was cold blooded. Bloodraven looked like Pycelles brother and the COTF was a cross between Peter Pan and the wizard from Monty Python get over it. The skeleton wights were actually pretty cool. I wouldn't have minded Stoneheart but they didn't have the time to do it right just like the election at the Wall, so I'm fine with them waiting and trying to get it right.

Maybe an 8! I feel they made a huge mistake not ending with Lady Stoneheart! I did like the Jon/Stannis scenes. Melisandre still totally creeps me out! Bran's scene was just so so. I felt like Tyrian and Tywin's scene felt a little flat; maybe should have ended it just with Tyrian walking away and not getting loaded on a boat like sardines. Love Arya but am not sure about the change with the Hound and Brienne. Thought there should have been some closure for Oberyn, like at least a mention about worry about Dorne's reaction to his death. So much potential wasted away!

Actually, I may give this episode at 7 or possibly a 6. The wall scenes and Tywin dying on the shitter saved the episode!

Fuck that. Random pointless brothel scenes in every other fucking episode, Tyrion and Shae ad naseum. But, not a minute for Stoneheart? Fuck that. Did I say fuck that? I don't care whether she got two chapters or not. If we got Pod in a brothel, we should get Stoneheart. Fuck them.

Agreed. This season was horribly paced. They kinda, sorta introduce Tysha but ignore the whole story? That's a pretty pivotal plot development for Tyrion that really didn't come across on the screen. My fiancee, who hasn't read the books, was surprised but not like "OMFG!!!!" surprised. Decent episode, but we expect more from a season finale.