How would you rate episode 410?

Ran

How would you rate episode 410?  

1,081 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

Gave it an 8. Could care less about Stoneheart not one of my favorites anyway best thing about her was hanging Freys but otherwise meh, rather have BF lead Bwb since I like him more anyways. The entire episode was enjoyable, except Tywins death and Tyrions escape. It was so rushed and well, the Tysha story with wherever whores go was just too good, why mess with something that was so well done? Oh well, atleast they didn't rush through Jon becoming LC.

Fuck that. Random pointless brothel scenes in every other fucking episode, Tyrion and Shae ad naseum. But, not a minute for Stoneheart? Fuck that. Did I say fuck that? I don't care whether she got two chapters or not. If we got Pod in a brothel, we should get Stoneheart. Fuck them.

:cheers:

I love when show groupies dump on us for criticizing when the show mangles the story. Like, wtf are you even watching? Are you honestly defending the decisions they make? We get Tyrion's beetle soliloquy and Missandei and Dany wondering about Grey Worm's non-existent dick, but no Lady Stoneheart - a revenant bent on vengeance? Die.

I gave it a one, and then they told me I had already voted. NOT! That just completely sucked. I am now doing away with the HBO subscription. fifteen bucks for that, when netflix is 7? Truly disappointed. Bad. D and D should be embarrassed.

- Stannis villain music. Mance saying "my people, my people, dont hurt us Mr. Bad guy." 5 min butchery of wildlings. Bad Guy Stannis demanding poor freedom fighter kneel before him. Way to turn Stannis' big heroic moment into a shady, misunderstood, "here comes crazy Stannis to interrupt and rule the North where he isn't wanted" moment.

- The CGI looked bad.

- The Children hand firework attack looked hokey.

- Tysha???? There goes some important Tyrion character development.

- No Lady Stoneheart? Reaaaaally?

This episode might be a 10, but I've never felt more deflated after a Thrones episode.

A good way to put it. Show-only people are probably freaking out right now. But that Tyrion/Tywin confrontation was.... so underwhelming and so rushed. It was the one thing I was certain they would nail, because it involves King's Landing and all their favorites. But instead... what was that?

Yeah, pretty much this, from a show/non-reader perspective this was the best episode, and 99% of the unsullied are losing their shit right now, but for us, when you compared to the source material, it certainly fell flat and underwhelming.

As others have said, Tyrion/Tywin scene lacked stuff. I didn't like it. Nor the last goodbye with Jaime. This was the poorest scene of Dinklage/Dance: I've always loved their duo, and it's a pity the script ruined their brilliant performances.

The Brienne/Hound scene was awesome, I really like what they did there. Of all the invented plots so far, this one is one of the best results so far.

In overall, an 8. It could have been way better, but it wasn't terrible. I quite enjoyed it, and will wait with eagerness the next season.

It was very well done up until the Jamie/Tyrion scene. But the exclusion of Tysha's real back story, the lack of LS and it ending with the Arya scene really spoiled it for me. It was a 10, now a 6. But hey, at least Shea and Tywin got theirs.....Also, did they have to kill Jojen? I'm not complaining, but that was some weaksauce

:cheers:

I love when show groupies dump on us for criticizing when the show mangles the story. Like, wtf are you even watching? Are you honestly defending the decisions they make? We get Tyrion's beetle soliloquy and Missandei and Dany wondering about Grey Worm's non-existent dick, but no Lady Stoneheart - a revenant bent on vengeance? Die.

You do realize there are 2 more seasons that have already been renewed right? You also realize that chronology of the season doesn't completely sit within the framework of the books right? If she's in the show, she'll show up. She didn't need to be introduced in this season to have any impact on the story at all.

Edited by Yaya Mexal d'Ivoire

Worst. Episode. Ever.

I was liking it until Arya and the Hound.

What happened at the Vale?"Lysa is dead? OK, we'll be on out way."

But your sister is here. "That's nice. We really wanted to see Lysa."

Lord Bealish would want to see you. "We wanted to see Lysa. Let's go."

There are lords who knew your mother and aunt. They will protect you. "Talk to the needle, cause the face don't want to hear it."

But... "KTHNXBYE"

WTF?

As someone who hasn't read to that point yet I quite liked the episode. I gave it a 9.

I already know some spoilers, so I understand why people are upset over certain things being left out. I simply hope for them to include them in the next season. LS not appearing doesn't bother me that much since I don't need big plot twists or shocking moments to enjoy a story, but leaving out Tysha confused me a bit since from what I've heard so far this revelation completely changes the relationship between Tyrion and Jaime. It doesn't seem like something they can simply put in later.

Still, without considering the books, I really enjoyed this episode.

Edited by Eirlys

As a fan of the show it was an easy 10. Best season yet. The show isn't the book people. LSH will be here next season and I had 0 expectation of seeing her with everything they had to cover. Amazing episode!!! Wife who didn't read the books was on the edge of the seat the whole time and she was dead asleep on the couch prior to the start.

8/10

I thought it was good for the most part. I got chills from the shots of Melisandre and Jon staring through the funeral pyre at one another.

On the negative side, I don't really get why they left out Jaime's explanation of what really happened with Tysha, the fireball-shooting children of the forest were a bit much, and personally I didn't really buy Brienne defeating The Hound.

Agree on the Jaime part.

Personally I got hype at the fireballs.

Yeah, pretty much this, from a show/non-reader perspective this was the best episode, and 99% of the unsullied are losing their shit right now, but for us, when you compared to the source material, it certainly fell flat and underwhelming.

I also agree...

And no LS cliffhanger might be one of the biggest blunders D&D have made.