How would you rate episode 410?

Ran

How would you rate episode 410?  

1,081 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

I could give two shits about Lady Stoneheart. Thought she was a terrible character as it was so I'm glad they didn't introduce her here. If they do introduce her, it'll be next season when they can sign Michelle Fairley for the whole season, not when she's in the middle of filming 24. Never did understand the love for LSH, nor how people would rate an episode to the point of calling it shit simply because she wasn't introduced.

With that out of the way, excellent episode. Everything ended where it should. Dany chained up the dragons. Tyrion killed Shae and Tywin after Jaime let him out. Arya is going to Braavos. The Hound is being left for dead. Stannis saved the day. Bran made it to Bloodraven. Thought it was great all around and even enjoyed some of the changes (Hound/Brienne fight for example). Don't really have anything to complain about.

You're right Ya Ya. This is exactly how I feel about the episode. There's a whole lotta whining and gnashing of teeth over this that an the other: No Stannis! No LSH! No Tysha! Wawawaaaaa. Condemning an episode or a series because your favorite characters weren't presented when you wanted them presented is serious teenage angst bullshit. Blaming D&D for your pain is like disliking your parents for not purchasing that sweet car that you surely deserve. Grow up. Seriously.

10/10. Would've been nice to see the Tysha lines as well as LSH, but an amazing episode nonetheless.

Hound vs. Brienne fight scene was great, very brutal. Rory McCann and Gwendoline Christie really nailed their scenes together, sad to know that he won't return next season (here's hoping that Cleganebowl will happen... a man can dream!)

Skelewights/CotF/Bloodraven was awesome, RIP Jojen.

Solid performances by Kit Harrington, Peter Dinklage & Lena Headey. Setting the tone for Cersei's descent into madness for next season

Then perhaps this series is not for you two, as the prologue set it up as a big part. Not everyone likes the dragons or magic either but they're all part of the big picture. I'm just disappointed the show runners did not end with the book ending because they claim to be adapting the books, yet do a poor and biased job. It wasn't just this omission though. I've already had one foot out the door, so to speak, and this plus last week has lost all my confidence in the showrunners

I got to say I am not a book purist with the show, I get they have to make changes. But it is starting to feel more and more hollow to me. They want escalation and shock and awe, but it really is starting to lack heart and depth. Some changes have been a pleasant surprise, some I don't care for but it's the omission of a lot of the story and the constant white washing of certain characters that is making it feel hollow.

Lord Stoneheart,

The second and third season finales both are sharply down from the episode that preceed them, so I think the general sense of the voters on the forum (as a group) was a sense of being let down.

I've tried rewatching to see if I liked it more....nope...underwhelming. forget the no LSH...North scenes were underwhelming..tyrion scene was fast and dialogue was weirdly placed....last scene was whatever, not enough bran...And now that the season is over, it's glaring how little of the north we've seen this season.

I got to say I am not a book purist with the show, I get they have to make changes. But it is starting to feel more and more hollow to me. They want escalation and shock and awe, but it really is starting to lack heart and depth. Some changes have been a pleasant surprise, some I don't care for but it's the omission of a lot of the story and the constant white washing of certain characters that is making it feel hollow.

This! It's lacking any real depth. It's all shallow.

I've tried rewatching to see if I liked it more....nope...underwhelming. forget the no LSH...North scenes were underwhelming..tyrion scene was fast and dialogue was weirdly placed....last scene was whatever, not enough bran...And now that the season is over, it's glaring how little of the north we've seen this season.

Dude stop gnashing your teeth and cut out the teen angst stuff complaining. Cereal.

I gave the episode a solid 10. Loved how they gave all the main characters the appropriate amount of screen time for a finale and left show only fans guessing where everyone is going to go in season 5. I still have confidence that Lady Stoneheart will be in next season. David and Dan do not like to introduce characters that do not have an immediate impact on the plot. I think they are saving her for the BWB inn fight and will introduce us to her via Brienne, Coldhands is obviously cut though.

change is good, when well done. I loved the Brienne/Hound section.

Not the fight, but the pre-fight talk over Arya and before that the connection between Ayra and Brienne. That was IMO so very well done. That is in part why I had given the episode a 9.5 up until the Tyrion character emasculation (white washing) and LSH decapitation and missed opportunity for delivering a killer season finale cliffhanger dropped the overall episode rating way down.

Edited by mickyd

Dude stop gnashing your teeth and cut out the teen angst stuff complaining. Cereal.

Huh? Did you in all seriousness tell me to not complain about an episode of my favorite show on the proper forum?Also the angst comment didn't make any sense, in what way is being underwhelmed and frustrated "teen angst"? Or did you just learn the phrase and wanted to try it out at first opportunity?

I'm giving legitimate reasons for my gripes, could you grow up and accept that?

Edited by KalibakCruel

So I guess this episode more or less spoiled for us what's going to happen to Jojen in the next book, along with the real faith of The Moutain.

I suppose more book spoilers will follow next season.

Huh? Did you in all seriousness tell me to not complain about an episode of my favorite show on the proper forum? Shall the angst comment didn't make any sense, in what way is being underwhelmed and frustrated "teen angst"? Or did you just learn the phrase and wanted to try it out at first opportunity?

It was a joke, go read some of the prior comments about people not liking the episode. (I wasn't thrilled with it)