How would you rate episode 410?

Ran

How would you rate episode 410?  

1,081 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

Gave it a 10 judging only by its quality as a TV series. I don't like to be too critical by comparing it to the books - I mean, of course it could have been much better if they followed the written story, but for me that didn't get in the way of the fact it was an amazing episode. Didn't think they'd show that scene of Bran right now considering in the books there's not much that happens for him after that.

. "Jumping the shark" comes to mind.

that is too funny. I had that wiki link ready to post and decided against it however I think the general sense may hold true for some, perhaps for myself.

Put simply, if the shows producers can not realize the opportunity LSH provided to end the episode and also realize the book fan desire TO see it, what is the point. It does seem the work of amateurs that have been covered for 3 season by the STELLAR acting of the ensemble cast. However next season any shortcomings on their end are going to be significantly magnified as the characters and locations expand. A massive task to adapt to make both non-reading and book readers happy. I simply don't think they are up to the task, and may have lost some (book reading) viewers with this season. I think they lost me. That is a shame. I have loved the actors and their performances, but I don't want the books ruined for me and don't trust the producers to handle the adaptation properly as we move closer to the series catching and surpassing the books

Edited by mickyd

People keep saying judge the show not comparing it to the books. And that's what I did I watched the show for the show, no LSH appearance didn't bother me a lot of things just felt flat. Still good show for tv though just wasn't feeling it.

I have a question if the show wasn't based off the books,if there was no GRRM source material to go off of how good would D&D's writting actually be?? How would it stand alone?

I thought it was a 10 + another 10!

Although there were many elements in this episode that were different from the books, I thought the changes worked well. I missed having LS, I was really hoping for that, but surprisingly it didn't bother me that much. There were too many other things to cover. I also thought they did a good job of showing the essential scenes from previous episodes to help connect events in this episode.

I thought all segments of this episode were great!

The episode, 9 out of 10. D&D covered everything and added in some cool stuff like the hound/Brienne fight for us book readers. If I knew everything that was going to happen due to D&D following the books religiously, I wouldn't bother even watching.

Luckily, D&D are good at what they do. And I Don't care if they ever introduce LS. A stupid character that could easily be replaced. I wouldn't cry either way.

I have a question if the show wasn't based off the books,if there was no GRRM source material to go off of how good would D&D's writting actually be?? How would it stand alone?

Plenty of material this season to be able to make a judgement on that issue....

Crasters sequences.

Jaime raped Cersei then the story continued as if nothing happened.

Arya walking up to the Bloody Gate announcing her name and..... wat? Astute watchers are already asking WTF happened there.

Wow, some people are REALLY hard to please. This is one of the best shows on TV, I can't believe how harsh people are with it on this site. The show is still going on strong and has the highest ratings it's ever had, so obviously it's doing something right, regardless of your nitpicks and criticisms. I get that it's your opinion, but beg pardon if I don't take every single person giving these episodes low ratings, seriously. It comes off as kneejerk reaction half the time. I get why some people would be disappointed that it deviates from the book at some points, but you need to understand that's for the better. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. DnD have their plan, and it's been working pretty damn well for them so far.

Plus who cares? If something like cutting Tysha out really bothers you then guess what? You still have the books. It's not like the show ruined the books or made them obsolete. Game of Thrones is just another way of telling the tale, it's not like DnD are saying "Oh forget the books. This is the REAL story."

I'm seeing a lot of people saying how disappointed they are, or that they're no longer fans of the show. Then just stop watching, and put your money where your mouth is. There are plenty of other shows out there that you might like. The vast majority of fans will continue to love the series without you, and it's gaining more viewers every year.

And with that, have a good night.

Edited by Snark88

Stannis magically arrived at the wall.

Brienne fought and defeated The Hound.

They care to show us the future SRS but no UnCat.

And Tyrion / Tywin scene was not strong enough as it should have been. And it should have ended the whole season.

Worst. Season. Finale. Ever.

Edited by Ryuho Martell

People keep saying judge the show not comparing it to the books. And that's what I did I watched the show for the show, no LSH appearance didn't bother me a lot of things just felt flat. Still good show for tv though just wasn't feeling it.

the writing? so so. what has driven the series IMO is not the writing of D&D but the stellar acting of the ensemble cast. That made what was a very disappointing season from an adaptation/writing standpoint, watchable.

just my two cents of course!

That's an interesting point. I think even when we try to judge it just by the show, it's sort of impossible for the readers to not have in mind some things we remember from the books, like what was going through certain characters' minds in some scenes. I always come here and rate the episode right after I've watched it, and maybe if I waited longer and reflected a little more upon it my score would be lower, because right now I'm influenced by the momentary impression the episode gave me. So I admit maybe there are some flaws I failed to see at the first watch. Also I like reading everyone's opinion here because that can really open my mind and make me see it from a different perspective. Anyway, it would be interesting to see how D&D's writing would be if it wasn't based off the books!

Edited by Into the Weirwood

Wow, some people are REALLY hard to please. This is one of the best shows on TV, I can't believe how harsh people are with it on this site. The show is still going on strong and has the highest ratings it's ever had, so obviously it's doing something right, regardless of your nitpicks and criticisms. I get that it's your opinion, but beg pardon if I don't take every single person giving these episodes low ratings, seriously. It comes off as kneejerk reaction half the time. I get why some people would be disappointed that it deviates from the book at some points, but you need to understand that's for the better. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. DnD have their plan, and it's been working pretty damn well for them so far.

Plus who cares? If something like cutting Tysha out really bothers you then guess what? You still have the books. It's not like the show ruined the books or made them obsolete. Game of Thrones is just another way of telling the tale, it's not like DnD are saying "Oh forget the books. This is the REAL story."

I'm seeing a lot of people saying how disappointed they are, or that they're no longer fans of the show. Then just stop watching, and put your money where your mouth is. There are plenty of other shows out there that you might like. The vast majority of fans will continue to love the series without you, and it's gaining more viewers every year.

And with that, have a good night.

I just wanted to address the Tysha thing, at least for me. Its not about where do whores go. Although that reads mostly like a koan in the books, though the question itself is a lie. Tysha was not a whore, so why would she go where they go. For me it was about the honesty that Jaime showed. The scene between the two does not even come close to capturing anything to do with their parting. Not the feel, not the idea, nothing, they just change the story. Where do plots go? Edited by Ser Creighton

That's an interesting point. I think even when we try to judge it just by the show, it's sort of impossible to the readers to not have in mind some things we remember from the books, like what was going through certain characters' minds in some scenes. I always come here and rate the episode right after I've watched it, and maybe if I waited longer and reflected a little more upon it my score would be lower, because right now I'm influenced by the momentary impression the episode gave me. So I admit maybe there are some flaws I failed to see at the first watch. Also I like reading everyone's opinion here because that can really open my mind and make me see it from a different perspective. Anyway, it would be interesting to see how D&D's writing would be if it wasn't based off the books!

A couple minutes after posting my thoughts after watching tonight's episode, I realized a little something notice how tywin was being a bit "submissive"(Maybe to strong of a word) with tyrion? Then I realized it was because cersei had told him ealier about her and Jamie. So in guessing tywin finally realized tyrion was his last hope. Now I had like that little bit then I realized! Cersei would never! Tell tywin about her and Jamie. In fact everything she said to Jamie in tonight's episode is everything that JAMIE should have been saying to her back in the sept scene instead of "I don't care...I don't care"

I just think D&D make weird choices in their writting that I obviously don't understand. Maybe it's because they don't trust the "unsullied" viewers to understand certain things so they're just dumbing it down a little bit.

Surprised at the controversy here that is odd.

This episode deviated less from the books than any during this season , always the complaint of the book purists.

There were modifications ... only thing I would have changed was to have the Stannis's arrival last week which would have made that episode about 10 min. longer , which is verboten.

All the ducks were in a row from the end of SoS , the LSH stuff can be left for season 5.

As a translation from GRRM's rather difficult (but entertaining elaboration) to condensed visual drama it was fine I was entertained.

So a preliminary 10.

Edited by boojam