How would you rate episode 410?

Ran

How would you rate episode 410?  

1,081 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

Speaking of stronger relationships on the show than in the books, Jaime and Tyrion’s goodbye was extremely touching. Frankly, I’m glad that they parted on good terms – once again, changes be damned. I also really liked Jaime’s ‘reconciliation’ with Cersei and Cersei’s confession to Tywin. Once again, purists will whine that the spirit of those scenes weren’t true to the characters from the books, but at this point, I think that you can guess how I feel about said purists.

Except Jaime reconciling and succumbing to Cersei's sexual manipulation makes no sense given that he then goes and frees Tyrion anyway. Some of the changes are great and in fact needed. Other changes are pointless. This one added nothing.

Jaime's rescue of Tyrion was awfully rushed. It came completely out of the blue. One minute we see Jaime and Cersei going at it on a table, the next minute Jaime rescuing Tyrion? Weird.

It's called "Bros before hoes". Even if the "hoe" happens to be your sister...

I didn't miss the "wherever whores go." It would have had no impact, seeing Tyrion just murdering Shae, but somehow pining for Tysha, whom we've never met.

We never met Tysha in the books either. They could have worked that part of the story into Tyrion's development. They chose not to for some reason that completely escapes me. What makes it even stranger is they 1) had Tyrion tell that story in season 1 and 2) they reiterated that he had been married before.

Except Jaime reconciling and succumbing to Cersei's sexual manipulation makes no sense given that he then goes and frees Tyrion anyway. Some of the changes are great and in fact needed. Other changes are pointless. This one added nothing.

How does that not make sense? He can't want to save his brother and have sex at the same time? Cersei seduces him but that doesn't mean she changed his mind about rescuing Tyrion. I believe the purpose of that scene was to show that Jaime, as far as he's come, still wants to be with Cersei and rule the world together. But ultimately, it doesn't stop him from doing something good. Something that he knows she would hate.

Edited by Gregor's Nancy Boy

They didn't explain who sent the assassin that started the entire war.

Really great post. Agree with most of it.

Don't understand this point though. What are you talking about here?

I really liked the episode, but like others my biggest disappointment was Tyrion escape scenes. Good point Desmond Wine's Bane brought up about the inconsistency of Jamie/Cersei scene beforehand as well. I think they probably should have moved Bran's scene to early next season to get more time in KL.

Overall though another great episode. Really liked Maisie William's scenes in particular, great job by her. Jon/Mellisandre foreshadowing was well done as well. Stannis got his big moment as well, hopefully that'll help sooth some of those Stannis people.

Edited by King of the Ashes

yeah its not about the impact of Tysha's character... its about developing Tyrion in aDwD. One of the reasons people cite as their reasons for hating Tyrion in Dance is because of "where do whores go?" something that while annoying to others is a very big part of his mindset there... this is going to sound insane, but I think this is biggest "white washing" of Tyrion yet. There's nothing for him to be so loathsome in the coming seasons besides Shae, and they've made him the victim there....

Edited by LordStoneheart

yeah its not about the impact of Tysha's character... its about developing Tyrion in aDwD. One of the reasons people cite as their reasons for hating Tyrion in Dance is because of "where do whores go?" something that while annoying to others is a very big part of his mindset there... this is going to sound insane, but I think this is biggest "white washing" of Tyrion yet. There's nothing for him to be so loathsome in the coming seasons besides Shae, and they've made him the victim there....

Yes, exactly.

Not a fan of confirming Jojen's death. Book spoilers are not welcome on the show, at least to me. Sadly, it's going to get worse, and I may stop watching for that reason alone.

I'm not stalking you, but I have to quote you again on this point. IF WE BOOK READERS ARE GOING TO GET SPOILED I'M GOING TO STOP WATCHING!!

It's not just Jojen, but don't forget Grenn and Pyp. Let's not forget, they're still alive in the books. So do I take that to mean that they're dead men walking? WTF GRRM. Why should I keep reading?

I'm voting 8.

Points deducted for Shae trying to stab Tyrion and the skelly zombies looking a bit stupid.Also wasn't a fan of the very rushed Jaime and Tyrion scene when two episodes ago they made an awkwardly long scene about the meaning of life/death.

That was basically my take on it.

Also, - point for Cersei confessing to Tywin. Jaime was always the one who wanted to do that.

I'm not stalking you, but I have to quote you again on this point. IF WE BOOK READERS ARE GOING TO GET SPOILED I'M GOING TO STOP WATCHING!!

It's not just Jojen, but don't forget Grenn and Pyp. Let's not forget, they're still alive in the books. So do I take that to mean that they're dead men walking? WTF GRRM. Why should I keep reading?

The showrunners killing Jojen doesn't say anything about where GRRM might be headed with the character. It simply says that Jojen won't be important to the storyline on the show moving forward. It doesn't say anything about the books.

Would have been a 10 for me except for two things.

1.) I was SO sure last week that they wouldn't have giants riding mammoths... Then BOOM! Giants! Riding mammoths!!! Likewise I was SO sure that they wouldn't have Coldhands... Then during the wight scene with Bran... I was literally holding my breath... I was literally on the edge of my seat... Then BOOM! ...No Coldhands. -1 for the false hope.

2.) I was SO sure they WOULD have Lady SH... Man, I just can't predict this show! -1

But on the plus side...

3.) Stannis' arrival was epic!!! +1

4.) Jon's farewell to Ygritte was so sad. +1

5.) Hound farewell was great. +1 :fencing:

6.) No Gilly +1

7.) Tyrion... +2

8.) One eyed Raven +2

Wow. What a way to end a season and leave you drooling for next year :drool:

All other points aside, which I generally agree with, this should be the definitive proof in a season of trolling that the Hound lives as the Novice Gravedigger. I mean seriously, try to recall all the book reader trolling this season, then go back and watch the first three seasons and there is so much more trolling too! D&D are scurvy pirates and nothing else!

9.5/10 (A)

Rounded up, simply because my mild disappointment stemmed more from what wasn't in the episode than what actually was, and that isn't necessarily a fair way to evaluate whether or not the episode succeeded.

Was definitely expecting Lady Stoneheart, and - to a lesser extent - for Tyrion to hear the truth about Tysha. The former I'm sure will show up when the writers think it is more appropriate, and the latter doesn't bother me as much as it might others, because I don't find "Wherever whores go." to be particularly interesting.

I think the only thing that is majorly affected by the omission of the truth about Tysha is the relationship between Jaime and Tyrion, and since I don't expect the two of them to meet again before the story ends, I'm actually glad that they got to part on more brotherly terms.

EDIT: Also, isn't it pretty much confirmed that Jojen is already dead in ADwD?

Edited by Khal-a-bunga

The part I was looking forward to the most, Tyrion's exit, was just horribly done imho.

-He doesn't tell Jamie about Cersei (because this has been skipped over in the show)

-Jamie doesn't tell him that Tywin lied about Tysha being a whore.

I already knew it was in danger when they had Shea actually fall in love with Tyrion, her betrayal doesn't make much sense then. So now when she sees him she pulls a knife and Tyrion pretty much kills her in self defense rather than wrath. No "wherever whores go" line. No 'In the end Tywin Lannister did not in fact shit gold." They take the most important scene of that character and just kinda meh it out. Finding out about Tysha was rather important.

So all this basically means that there won't be a "Dark Tyrion" and makes me wonder what they intend for his future. Tyrion doesn't just leave KL or escape. He burns all his bridges on his way out.

Edited by Ser Hollard

That was basically my take on it.

Also, - point for Cersei confessing to Tywin. Jaime was always the one who wanted to do that.

People keep saying what Cersei did was a confession. It wasn't a confession, it was extortion. She was threatening her father so he wouldn't send her to Highgarden. I thought that was one of the pointless scenes. Probably only meant to give Lena Headey a dramatic scene in the finale.