How would you rate episode 410?

Ran

How would you rate episode 410?  

1,081 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

One point off for the absence of Lady Stoneheart - Arya should have had a wolf dream at the VERY LEAST seeing her body or (by this point) remembering her body.

One point off for altering Tyrion's motivations for going to Tywin's bedroom. That was SUCH A RISKY move that it doesn't make sense unless fueled by immediately uncontrollable emotions...

All else really worked for me - including the small change of Cercei's confrontation with Tywin adn embrace of Jaime, and including the Hound/Brienne interlude... so pretty happy overall

The "I will burn our house to the ground before I let that happen" in the trailer was so much better delivered.

The whole conversation with Tywin and Cersei felt forced IMO.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

SOOOO AGREE to that. In the trailer it had power and anger, in the series it was poor. All the KL scenes were poor. Normally I love them so much. The only cool thing was Shae getting the knife, but all that came was shit. The whole murder was boring. Felt not a thing.

Haven't read the books much, so I dunt care about that.

But the show was great. Favorite episode of the entire series. Loved Stannis coming in with his army, loved the acting of the man who's daughter died, love Emilia's reaction (usually hate her acting), loved how Tyrion killing Shae was not overdramatic and stupidly romantic, loved the chemistry between Dink and Char in the bathroom and loved Arya's independence day.

5/10

- The scenes at the Wall were good. Ygritte's send-off seemed like a bit of a waste of time though.

- The reanimated skeletons looked great, but having Jojen die right there next to the tree when the three-eyed raven knew what was going to happen and when the children of the forest could easily have stopped it seemed silly to me. Bad writing.

- Very underwhelmed by the children of the forest. Leaf looked much more human than I imagined, like the producers really couldn't be bothered. The grenades were stupid too.

- Loved the Cersei / Tywin scene. Great acting, especially from Lena Headey.

- Daenerys locking away her dragons was a nice scene.

- Having Brienne fighting the Hound was stupid fanfiction at its worst. I sensed they were going to do it after last week's episode, and it's not the first time this season they've invented such random encounters. The constant coming together of known characters just makes what should be a vast fantasy world feel tiny. At least they left the Hound's fate open though.

- Tywin's death scene was handled okay. The dialogue was a bit different from the books which i'm sure will get some fans riled up (just like with Lysa's death scene), but I have no real complaints.

- Not seeing Lady Stoneheart was a bit of a surprise. I'm not hugely disappointed though, because I didn't love that part of the books.

- Arya's voyage was a nice way to end the episode.

Edited by Ilúvatar

8 One of the better finalies though it fell short on many aspects.

The whole Tyrion thing was very dissapointingly underwhelming and everyone from the lannister side is driven by these events in the following books, motivations are going to become skewed. Honestly, Show Tyrion had little reason to kill Tywin, and his parting on good terms with Jaime heavily detracts from their future character arcs.

i also didn't care for the hound vs Brienne idea, though I did think they were going to substitute the Biter vs Briene material here. That made it doubly disapointing when Brienne came from the battle unscathed and it was all for nought as still Arya went her seperate way. Brienne knows she's alive now at least, but overall that confrontation accomplished nothing other than the death of the hound. It was a waste for Brienne and Podrick.

I never thought much of the Bran story in the books and the show though slightly different has done nothing to change my opinion for better or worse. Jojen's death was a departure but not particualrly shocking, show Jojen has made little to no impact anyway and it felt like a flat death.

Arya is finally off to Braavos though, Tyrion is going where he should and the Dany scenes were very good. Qyburn is less of a mosnter so far but that side is slowly showing itself, so woo for that. The scenes at the wall and beyond were perhaps a little rushed but nothing to complain about there. All in all a good closing episode compared to some of the other ones we've had. Even though some scenes were underwhelming, I can deal with the changes and see where it takes the characters, just wish they made more of Tywin/Shae death.

7/10 and the mark is solely due to Mance saying "We do not kneel" twice.

The Wall: Ciaran Hinds is a bloody genious!!! His screen presence kept me glued to the seat for that little time he was finally given. What are producers thinking underusing him like this!!!???!!! I'd prefer to see him with grey hair like he was described in the books, but seeing him was satisfying enough. Another highlight was the arrival of Stannis army and Stannis himself (with Davos sadly). However, another iconic catchphrase was missing in this season. LF didn't say "Only Cat" and now we did not get to hear "Stannis, Stannis, Stannis!" Why is that? These would have been golden moments. The third highlight was Mel finding her AA at last. Aemon was as great as ever. I'm not sure about the burning of Ygritte.

That scene brings us into the realm of fanfic where the whole episode belongs. From this moment on, I think the show should not call itself an adaptation of ASOIAF. They should keep "based on ..." credits, so that they do not mislead TV audience that this creation has anything to do with the books.

Soldiering on ...

Bran: Too long, skeletons were puzzling, CotF magic was laughable, CotF look was wrong, BR was all wrong and quite anticlimatic. At least his monologue was kep intact. Jojen's death was ... I don't even have words for what it was ... It was the peak of stupidity imho.

Arya/The Hound/Brienne/Pod: Although total fanfiction, I liked the fight and I liked the outcome. Maisie was beyond great in this episode. She deserves an award. Her dialogue with Brienne was epic. She looked like a Stark through and through. The Hound's death was well done on both sides. Rory McCann was consistently spot on in all four seasons. Great job, sir.

Daenarys: Excellent. Especially the scene of chaining of dragons opposed to freeing slaves and not having a plan what to do with them later. Emilia has done a wonderful job with her "children".

Lannisters: I'm too sad to discuss it. It was all wrong from start to finish. Jaime and Cersei scene was going against the cannon. If that happened why would Jaime release Tyrion? No Tysha story scene? Seriously?! So, Jaime had no motive to release Tyrion and Tyrion had no motive to kill his father. Splendid. Killing of Shae was anticlimactic and killing of Tywin was wrong from start to finish. Poor Charles Dance. And again, no catchphrase, no shit, no constipated look. This sequence was the worst done "book adaptation" I have ever seen. And Varys fleeing KL? WTF? If I were to grade the whole episode, judging by the KL sequence, it would have been 1/10.

So, for the first time, I am not sad the season is over and I'm not looking forward to the next one. I simply don't care anymore. I am looking forward to TWoW in 2015. Season 5 will be just some fanfic show that I may or may not watch.

Edited by Modesty Lannister

I seriously don't understand some people, there's too many moaners. This was top quality TV and easily one of the best episodes of the series so far. Yes a lot of book scenes were missed out like LS (I was disappointed she wasn't in the episode), but I defiantly think she'll be in the next season since where else is Brienne and Podrick's story arc going to go.

10/10 for me only thing that wasn't as good as I thought it would be was Brans scene, which was good, but not epic enough and too rushed. Glad they showed a lot more of a fantasy element though :D

Edited by Samwell TarIy

like on making the dragons look like dragons for grown ups and not like dragons from a nick series or disney?

The dragons looked awesome in the season 1 finale and season 2. In season three, while growing up, they looked more and more childish.

And they could have just made the wights like in season1. use normal actors for it. I wouldn't have minded that change in this direction, but making them skeletons?

I thought Drogon looked pretty awesome in the goat scene.

I seriously don't understand some people, there's too many moaners. This was top quality TV and easily one of the best episodes of the series so far. Yes a lot of book scenes were missed out like LS etc. but who cares....

10/10 for me only thing that wasn't as good as I thought it would be was Brans scene, which was good, but not epic enough and too rushed. Glad they showed a lot more of a fantasy element though :D

YOu are so right. :)

How could we book readers be so stupid and not just enjoy this wonderful TV series?

It was amazing. They changed GRRM's stupid lame book into a crazy amazing show where you never know what comes next.

^is what you will never ever hear, and for good reason.

I seriously don't understand some people, there's too many moaners. This was top quality TV and easily one of the best episodes of the series so far. Yes a lot of book scenes were missed out like LS etc. but who cares....

This is an adaptation, not a show based on completely original material.

It's perfectly understandable for fans of the books to have certain expectations, and the producers should expect to be scrutinized over every significant change they make. Sometimes the changes turn out well, other times they deserve a lot of criticism.

I thought Drogon looked pretty awesome in the goat scene.

but his head is too childish.

At least his brothers looked like disney dragons. With the weird smiling jaw(what lizards have, but still).

Only dragon that looks worse is Smaug.

I want a scary "realistic" dragon. Not one I would have tea with.

YOu are so right. :)

How could we book readers be so stupid and not just enjoy this wonderful TV series?

It was amazing. They changed GRRM's stupid lame book into a crazy amazing show where you never know what comes next.

^is what you will never ever hear, and for good reason.

They're two separate things.

Edited by Samwell TarIy

I was expecting the Stannis arrival to be the worst part, but actually when he addresses Jon Snow for the first time in the forest he grew on me a hell of a lot. Just by acknowledging that Jon Snows father was a fair and by allowing Jon to dictate what happened to Mance. Say what you want about Stannis but just that one moment was brilliantly handled.

A toss up between a 7 and a 6 for me. Golden moments from the book turned into bronze. Automatic 2 points off for Tyrion killing Tywin for calling Shae exactly what she is. The scene totally lacked the necessary motivation. The thing that preys on Tyrion's mind through the whole rest of the story, thus far, completely erased from the plot. And boy I hope TWoW is out before April 2015 Bran is all caught up with the story and left every other plot line in the dust. I was hoping for Coldhands there, coming in to save the day to take them on to the Children so that they would arrive in E2 or 3 next season. I wanted to see an eagle being burned out of the sky, but in some ways it's good that Stannis wins with Davos at his side and Mel only ominously turning up south of the Wall. Oddly glad (as in odd that one can be glad about any aspect of a sexual encounter between siblings) that Cersei was the sexual instigator somewhat counteracting the sour taste of the pseudo-rape earlier in the season.

The pacing was good. The fight between The Hound and Brienne was great even if I didn't really want them to cross paths, and I can only think Brienne would be able to make a comeback against the Hound if he was still somewhat handicapped by the Biter's bite. Brienne now the best sword in the 7K? She beat Loras, she beat the Hound, Jaime's a cripple, Oberyn is dead and Gregor is, well we'll see, but if he comes back it seems he will be guilty of taking performance enhancing substance so he doesn't count any more.

And rather a weak final scene.

Absolutely awful episode by GoT standards

Things I liked

Jon's conversation with Mance and Tormund

The shooting of the cavalary charge

At least Arya is on her way to Braavos now

Things I didn't like

Terrible CGI on skeletons

The children of the forest literally being human like children

The Three Eyed Crow looking like a nice comely old man

No mention of Tysha which will result in a weird story arc for Tyrion next season

How did Tyrion know how to get into Tywin's bed chambers?

Why did Tyrion kill Shae without any dialogue if he really loved her?

Cry over

Edited by Orodreth Amandil

"based on," not "loosely inspired by."

As much as I'd love to believe this, they really aren't two separate things unless you're trying to make the show look better by disregarding the books.

But every Film/Tv show adaptation has some minor and major changes and we just have to deal with it.