How would you rate episode 410?

Ran

How would you rate episode 410?  

1,081 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

But every Film/Tv show adaptation has some minor and major changes and we just have to deal with it.

Deal? yes. Like? No. Critique? Definitely. It can't be immune to criticism because every other adaption has changes.

As far as adaptions go, this is turning out more like an "Eragon" and less like a "The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe."

Season average: 7.94, the lowest of the series to date (season 2 ranked 7.96)

Well, I wouldn't say that this has been the worst season, but it has been the one that has disappointed me the most. Or, in other words, the worse one in relation to the source material (the second part of ASOS is easily the best part of the saga so far, and the series have been unable to capture its greatness).

I loved and at the same time was disappointed! I thought the Mance Rayder/Stannis battle was errr...pants- but totally forgiven with the skeletal warriors/ Bran & co scene- especially with the first look at the Children of the forest and their magic- superb! Then the rest of the episode was good but I was hoping for at least a teaser appearance of Lady Stoneheart- even to the point of watching (in disbelief) the end credits roll hoping it would be shown then (but deep down knowing it wouldn't be- but clinging to hope!)

And why oh why did they not follow the Tysha storyline with Tyrion and Jamie? Oh yea Lady Plug and the Hound? Hmmm!! Still after all said and done it was mighty entertaining- and I wish I could stop comparing it to the book- Mr Martin did say that the TV show was its own entity did he not- so comparisons should not be made- but we do don't we ;)

Dies this mean?

-Jamie will not burn the letter

-cersei will not go on her "sex spree" & mental breakdown trying to frame Margery and if she does how is it going to backfire on her

- I always thought cersei wanted to BE just like tywin her scenes last night sort of contradict that.

-No lancel confessing to Jamie that he had sex with cersei,

-no tension between Jamie & cersei are they going to just keep getting it on?

-no kevan lannister knowing about the twincest?

But every Film/Tv show adaptation has some minor and major changes and we just have to deal with it.

when they adapted Harry Potter they didn't just change the best lines.

the season was horrible and way too stretched out with the tiny material. We hoped for at least it paying off and serving a good end. Nothing.

Countless mentions of Tysha during the series and then nothing. Mentions of Cat and nothing.

they killed the moments that would have washed out the bad. They cut the redeeming qualities.

Ignorant Bog Woman,

I haven't updated all the episodes to their latest scores, but most of them should be pretty close:

Episode 1: 8.18 (of 661 votes)

Episode 2: 8.41 (of 595 votes)

Episode 3: 6.98 (of 597 votes)

Episode 4: 7.78 (of 633 votes)

Episode 5: 7.40 (of 509 votes)

Episode 6: 8.76 (of 666 votes)

Episode 7: 8.28 (of 802 votes)

Episode 8: 8.12 (of 744 votes)

Episode 9: 8.00 (of 840 votes)

Episode 10: 7.53 (of 436 votes)

Edited by Rantonio Valencia

but his head is too childish.

At least his brothers looked like disney dragons. With the weird smiling jaw(what lizards have, but still).

Only dragon that looks worse is Smaug.

I want a scary "realistic" dragon. Not one I would have tea with.

Agree to disagree on this. I think the dragons look amazing on this show. Smaug wasn't bad either imo.

And there's yet to be any major changes as far as I'm concerned. No major changes in any storylines. I mean there's been a couple detours and different motivations, but nothing major per se. Has there been some mistakes in those changes? Yes, of course plenty. However there has been some changes for the better (the books are NOT perfect) and overall it's all worked out.

436 votes, 7.53 average, 8 median, 7.78 normalized average, 81% fresh.

Season average: 7.94, the lowest of the series to date (season 2 ranked 7.96)

This really surprises me. S2 was by far the worst for me. This season had some major hiccups (Especially Red Viper vs the Mountain) but it was much better than S2 imo.

And there's yet to be any major changes as far as I'm concerned. No major changes in any storylines. I mean there's been a couple detours and different motivations, but nothing major per se. Has there been some mistakes in those changes? Yes, of course plenty. However there has been some changes for the better (the books are NOT perfect) and overall it's all worked out.

read the books before saying that.

. Has there been some mistakes in those changes? Yes, of course plenty. However there has been some changes for the better (the books are NOT perfect) and overall it's all worked out.

I agree some of the changes are for the better.

I cannot agree that overall its worked out. The whole Tyrion escape sequence does not make sense. The reveal of Arya's identity at the gate then not being allowed passage does not make sense. The ball has been severely dropped on the storyline of the Wall. There are many saying "All that at the Wall was cool but really I don't care about Jon and Stannis".

The Positives:

- Fight scene was pretty good. Chop cuts weren't too bad.

- Arya and the Hound's farewell scene was the best of the episode for me. Moving to see such a hard ass ask for mercy. Good job on that one.

- The (Seven Samurai) Jon and Melisandre "flame" shot was pretty good.

The Negatives:

- Tyrion story felt so rushed. Tywin and Tyrion exchange felt flat.

- CGI was terrible. Those skeletons looked hokey. And the Yoga Flame fire ball shit was a bit too much.

- So Stannis' army rushes in on 90k wildlings and they surrender in five minutes? Leap of logic too much for me.

7/10. C's get degree, but for GoT, it's a failing grade.

I agree some of the changes are for the better.

I cannot agree that overall its worked out. The whole Tyrion escape sequence does not make sense. The reveal of Arya's identity at the gate then not being allowed passage does not make sense. The ball has been severely dropped on the storyline of the Wall. There are many saying "All that at the Wall was cool but really I don't care about Jon and Stannis".

Implications of Tyrions escape aren't yet known. I do you had the problem with Jamie/Cersei, I do as well, but we don't know how show will handle any of that yet. What else didn't make sense in there? Why he killed the woman who betrayed him in anger? Why he killed the Father that hated him and betrayed him at every opportunity? I missed Tysha stuff as well, the Tyrion escape in general I felt was rushed and not done perfectly. It lacked the impact, but it worked out story wise.

Arya's identity at the gate is a bit of a head scratcher. I imagine the guards laughed them off. No big deal, again it was not any kind of major point.

People caring is not what I'm taking about. My point was MAJOR differences in plot points. That hasn't happened yet. Apparently there some rumour Jamie goes to Dorne next year not Riverrun, now THAT would be a major change and I'd be REALLY upset about.

Also for record I don't know how people could not care about Jon. He's been built up as huge as have White Walkers. As for Stannis, I didn't give a damn about him till end of ASoS either.

Edited by King of the Ashes

No clue why people didn't like the Hound/Brienne fight, disregarding "book vs. series".

The Hound had a fever, this is what happens when a wound infests. This lowers all of your physical/mental abilities.

It's not like drinking wine where your mental abilities are lowered, so you react slower. When drunk your strength remains, if you strike, you can still strike hard.

And when drunk you are able to ignore pain better, but when having a fever pain is enhanced, just like having a constant headache.

He wields a big heavy sword, she wields a sword made from a strong light material, so he'll also be out of breath even faster.

Finally, she fought for her honour, for the oath she's taken. He was beaten, he knew he was going to die soon anyway, and he also knew it would be a matter of days before Arya would slip away and leave him alone. He had nothing left to fight for.

NO TYSHA!!!!!!!! This is just beyond words and shows the writers have no respect for its audience , thinking they wont remember her cause of their "short attention spans" surprised there was not a naked female in the scene with Jaime and Tyrion , I am so done with this show.

Interesting that the books mentioned Tysha in book one and then four years later again with only tiny mentions in between.

The series mentions her in the first season and then all the time she is referred to in all but name, but they don't mention her again and use her?

Jaime and Tyrion could well have had the same dialogue as in the books. She was reintroduced there, why not here.

Cinematography and soundtrack don't make up for poor storytelling and bad book-to-screen adaption.

@Jon Black, while I do look for certain changes for spoilers (Sansa in the Vale, Melisandre and Arya's convo after the Gendrynapping [which by the way, I thought was a brilliant idea]]) I don't think that guarantees spoilers because they do have the power to deviate from the book's ending too, which I'd prefer now. It'd give an author the chance to have different endings (i.e. have his cake and eat it too) and it'd lessen the fact that it's been an overall poor adaption of the source material.

You tell 'em LS!!