How would you rate episode 410?

Ran

How would you rate episode 410?  

1,081 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

His father didn't condemn anyone.

His father intended to spare him from the beginning.

Tyrion condemned himself to death in a fair trial by combat.

Should Tywin just say "Fuck it, you are still my son and I let you live, even if all agreed on accepting the verdict of the trial by combat"

Come on man, that's not a good argument. Tywin went along with the kangaroo court because he wanted to get rid of Tyrion one way or another. If my father hated me my whole life and then arranged for a mock trial that would end either in my death or exile to a Siberian gulag, I'd want to have a few words with him too. Preferably with a loaded gun.

Edited by Mr Fixit

Zero. Fucking travesty from start to finish. I was willing to show patience to D&D earlier this season but it snapped with this episode. They turned Stannis into Darth Vader, took out some of the best scenes and replaced it with their silly fan fiction. I stopped watching with ten minutes to go, it was that bad.

I do not understand the bashing and saying that Stannis was ruined or seen as evil. I thought the scene was great, it caught all of them totally by suprise and showed the organization of a great leader. Total badass scene as the wildling was charging and was cut down, Stannis never flinched and just kept coming.

Come on man, that's not a good argument. Tywin went along with the kangaroo court because he wanted to get rid of Tyrion one way or another. If my father hated me my whole life and then arranged for a mock trial that would end either in my death or exile to a Siberian gulag, I'd want to have a few words with him too. Preferably with a loaded gun.

Tywin had no doing in the trial to begin with :'D

It was Cersei, the Tyrells and Littlefinger.

Meh, another 7 with a full point almost being taken off just for the title. "The Children"??? Come on.

Brilliant acting by some and gorgeous locations and cinematography save the day again.

Inconceivable that the season didnt end with the Tyrion sequence with him sailing away on the boat with Varys but seeing how lackluster the whole death scene was both of Shae and the magnificent Tywin I guess they didnt feel it had enough punch. Lacking any dialog with Shae and the wrong person saying Im sorry didnt help.but then to just end it with Arya so that the final words of the season COULD have been "Valar Morgulis" and then not to quite do it that way rankled me. Who cares if she has a cabin or not? Change that sentence around!

The best fight of the season and maybe the series between Brianne and The Hound while the Seven Voyages of Sinbad or whatever animated skeletons was a waste. The Stannis scene was almost too amazing for TV. Love to have seen that in a theater. Stannis finally looks and acts like he should sit the Iron Throne.

I expected too much I guess and that is what they tried to give me with too much action, too many scenes and not enough tension.

Wonder how they are going to fill the remaining seasons. I see massive changes ahead so I cant wait.

Edited by Ser Graymax

You make it sound as if that one scene changes that past 4 seasons (and before show backstory) of interactions. It hurts and I have no idea why they dropped it (again it's the worst change they've made to date) but it's not the end of the world.

I am sorry if that was the impression. It was not the intent.

I was replying to a post that claimed there had been no major changes made. Clearly this is not the case.

I gave this episode an eight, my highest rating since 'The Rains of Castamere' (and right now, I can't decide which I like better). Absolutely brilliant on all accounts. I have a number of niggling adaptational queries and nitpicks (most of them involving King's Landing relationships going forward) but those can wait, and they didn't stop me from appreciating what was, to my mind, easily the best episode of the season.

First off, Stannis to the rescue…I still maintain that the sequence would have carried so much more weight at the end of episode nine, for what it's worth, but I thought they handled it well under the circumstances (and, for the record, we have our first real long shot of a large army in the entire show, so that's something). Oh, and Stan-Stans: 'Warrior of Light' is not "villain music." It's ridiculously epic.

Also, Mance and Jon's parlay was probably the best Wall-related dialogue scene of the season. Loving the toasts.

Jaime/Cersei/Tywin wasn't really anything special, but none of it bothered me and the acting, as usual, was top-notch. Bonus points for setting up UnGregor next season as well (though if we get him and not LS I might riot).

Daenerys was the first real highlight of the episode. Great acting from Emilia Clarke for a change, the dragons looked convincing, and the emotions were vivid.

The post-battle Wall scenes were also excellent, most notably the interaction between Jon and Tormund. Great dialogue.

The skeleton-fight was probably my only issue with the episode, and that's just because it looked a little bit ludicrous (especially when the kid started throwing fireballs at them). Honestly, were normal wights too difficult to create?

And the entire rest of the episode was probably the best 20 minutes of television I've seen this year. Arya's goodbye to the Hound might surpass Oberyn and Tyrion from 4x07 as the best scene of the season, and wow…even without Tysha, I'm blown away by Tyrion's escape sequence.

And finally, the last scene of the season made me forget all about Lady Stoneheart.

Twins lie about tysha is the whole reason for tyrion killing him, that really ruined it for me. It was about time arya did something that wasn't wandering around with the hound Stannis attacking the mances army was the highlight for me

Why would they use Tysha when using Shae works so much better for the show? Tysha being mentioned previously still works for this new twist because it makes this the second time that Tywin has hurt Tyrion due to who he fell in love with. Tyrion killing Tywin because of Shae simply makes more sense. Plus, they were able to do this scene without ruining Tyrion and Jaime's last meeting by having Tyrion act all bitter and childish.

I don't know what to feel about the Brienne/Hound Brawl... two possible gripes though. 1. what sheer luck for Brienne! running right into Arya! its so unrealistic... 2. I hope this doesn't offend anyone, and I'm no expert to be sure, but wouldn't a well built man with a slight fever (does he even still have this fever in the show?) still be enough to beat a well built woman with ease? I mean, Brienne is tough... but Sandor is tougher. Biologically speaking, I think Sandor would realistically have this fight very easy.

Brienne also best Loras, who was a reknown fighter as well. Not to mention easily holding her own against Jaime before he lost his hand (though Jaime was tethered). If Brienne has no chance against tough foes, then there's no point to her at all.

Also, wait... you mean Arya and the Hound leaving the Eyrie and Brienne and Pod coming to the Eyrie... they actually crossed paths? Yeah, that's completely unrealistic.....

9/10 one of my higher ratings of the season.

I don't mind any of the major changes from the books, and the episode wasn't as rushed as I was worried it'd be. It did have some pacing issues that made me took a point off what was otherwise an excellent episode. I still think Stannis' arrival was oddly placed and should've gone at the end of the last episode, Bran's gang spent too much time fighting and not enough introducing Bloodraven, Dany's scenes felt repetitive of earlier ones, and Tyrion's initial escape moved way too quickly.

Also, wait... you mean Arya and the Hound leaving the Eyrie and Brienne and Pod coming to the Eyrie... they actually crossed paths? Yeah, that's completely unrealistic.....

if any sort of show timeline was established, I could almost give you that one and accept defeat. But no, Arya and the Hound should've been long gone from there. Brienne is a highborn Lady and not stupid. She should know where the Vale is. the chances they meet are still very slim. But not when you generalize.

Honestly, I thought Stannis was perfect. His rigid personality in regards to Mance and Jon seemed just like the book. It's Davos who seemed worse. He called Jon "Boy" in such a dismissive way, especially for someone with humble beginnings like him. That feels a little weird.

512 votes, 7.51 average, 8 median, 7.73 normalized average, 81% "fresh".

Re: worst rated season, I will note that episode 3's botched sept scene led to a huge amount of outrage that dragged the episode down quite a lot. This episode, if anything, makes it clear that the botching was purely a matter of staging -- their intent was true to the novels, if a little "edgier", they just failed to convey it. I though "Breaker of Chains" would otherwise have been an 8.0+ episode, and possibly the fourth episode would have been liked a little more, in which case season 4 would have been comfortably preferred over season 2 and may well have challenged season 3 for the #2 spot on the forum.

Another statistical note: this is the only season of the series without at least one episode rated 9.0 or higher.

7 for the episode, 5 for the season.

The episode was entertaining, but it really felt made for show-only viewers. My main issue with this whole season was the pacing. Several episodes felt very rushed and I think a few were even under 50 minutes. The producers left themselves with way too much to do in the finale, so I came in expecting them to miss at least one major plot element tonight. This episode was good, this season was one of the weaker seasons.

I couldn't agree with you more. I feel rather disappointed in this entire season. D&D have taken too many liberties and added too much fluff that the plot seemed withered by it. Why couldn't they have followed the book more, why did they have to make this season feel more shaped for hollywood? Seriously, I watch and read this series because it steers away from cliches, but wow... Many cliche hollywood moments written in which have been unnecessary.

Each characters scene felt out of place... It never flowed well.

AH. I could mention lots, but I will say three.

WHAT ABOUT TYSHA?

WHAT ABOUT STONEHEART?

WHAT ABOUT SPENDING MORE TIME ON GOOD SCENES INSTEAD OF GIVING UNIMPORTANT SCREEN TIME TO MISSENDAI AND GREY WORM.