How would you rate episode 410?

Ran

How would you rate episode 410?  

1,081 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

what is the problem that you are so angry about? all the main characters are pretty much where they are supposed to be. .

If it was about the destination they could just have all the characters walk to the next destination and have no dialogue.

Its not about the destination, its about the journey. If they want to change the journey (and in many case it is needed) then what they replace it with needs to make sense. They have fallen down on this regard in several areas.

If it was about the destination they could just have all the characters walk to the next destination and have no dialogue.

Its not about the destination, its about the journey. If they want to change the journey (and in many case it is needed) then what they replace it with needs to make sense. They have fallen down on this regard in several areas.

:cheers:

"Hey, look, Jaime's at Riverrun! Happy?"

"No, why is he there? Is he there because Cersei sent him away in anger after he refused to be the Hand of the King? Is he there because he decided to put doing the right thing over pleasing her? Or is he there for some other contrived reason, in spite of none of those developments occurring?"

Also, for all those complaining that Arya and Sandor didn't stay at the Vale -- that would have changed the entire story...Come on now. And I don't think Killer!Arya gives two shits about some highborn, crazy aunt she has never met.

I don't think anyone has complained about Arya not going to the Vale - they are only pointing out how pointless and inconceivable the scene was where they make it to the Gate then are not allowed in.

I really had a great time watching the show, specially with Jon and Mance and with Stannis arrival. After last season I decided to watch the series without compating all the time with the books and guess what, I really started enjoying the show.

I cannot understand why people are so put out over no Lady Stoneheart. Yes, she's creepy. Yes, it would have been a great WTF moment. However, there was no lead up or explanatory scenes throughout the entire season to help setup the character and the reveal. Rather than throw something in just for an effect I would prefer a complete season of leading to the reveal. Perhaps Season 5 as Brienne continues to search for the now missing Arya she will start running into the dead Freys. That would be more of an impact then BAM - Zombie Stark!

However I didn't care for the scene with Tywin and Tyrion. It was too much Tywin begging for Tyrion to listen to him, not realizing Tyrion was beyond words. The one situation Daddy couldn't talk his way out of, or so it seemed.

I believe if people would stop trying to force the tv show to fit the books line for line, they might enjoy it more. But people are still angry with Peter Jackson over LotR films too. You can't please everyone all the time.

I agree with you regarding LSH, I think that it will fit better and even with more impact in next season, because for non book readers that are also a huge audience of the show, there was a lot of information already.

My only complaints are the rush with Jamie/Tyrion scene, without Tyrion mentioning about Cersey infidelity and Tywin death, because I was really expecting one of the best dialogues of the season at that moment, but they failed to deliver.

I gave it a 10. I admit that the lack of a "Dany rising from the fire with a dragon" moment left me a little wanting, but not every season can end like that. Raw score would be a 9.5 rounded up.

When everyone mentioned Tysha in the beginning of this thread, I kept thinking "Who are they talking about?" and had to look her up in the wiki. Since a lot of non-book readers like myself would have reacted the same way if they suddenly brought her up in the escape scene, I believe that is why they left her out. I totally remember Tyrion telling the story in the tent, but I don't remember if he mentioned her name there. He still could find out about the lie early next season, perhaps from Varys?

I love the Breinne Sandor fight. After Tyrion killed Shae his saying "I'm sorry." like he did was awesome. And I thought that Tywin on the marble throne was excellent, totally wasn't expecting that. Varys sitting next to the crate on the boat was cool too. I am a little curious how Stannis got north of the wall.

9/10. Best episode of season 4 imo.

I liked the toasts to Grenn, Ygritte and Mag. Jon and Mel starting at each other was slightly spine tingling. Stannis' entry was a bit underwhelming, but given that they can't show a sea of tents and wilding army of 100k its understandable. Jon and Mel starting at each other was slightly spine tingling. Three-eyed raven was different than I'd expected, he reminded me of saruman rather than brynden. Arya meeting Brienne/brienne fighting the hound was interesting. Tyrions scene was my favorite of the episode, Vary's realizing what tyrion had done and getting on the ship was great. I particularly like Arya leaving the hound to die, denying him mercy like Myca. Daenerys showed emotion!

Better than most of the episodes this season.

I am a little curious how Stannis got north of the wall.

He probably landed at East-Watch, so he could get north. The three occupied castles were The shadowtower in the west, castle black and east-watch by the sea. Dragonstone is off the east coast of the crownlands, so he would have sailed north and landed at the wall then rode west. (I guess)

Lady Stoneheart did not require "lead up or explanatory scenes." What would those be?

The only lead up she had in the books was catelyns corpse being found by nymeria, and we haven't seen anything of nymeria or arya's wolf dreams in the show.

Edited by Oberoth

Lady Stoneheart did not require "lead up or explanatory scenes." What would those be?

How is she alive, why is she alive, etc. It can all be done in one scene truthfully but I think exposing the BwB a bit more would make it work better overall. Plus having some talk about this new female leader of the BwB before finding out who it is would all make for better story telling in the long run.

I never cared much about Lady Stoneheart that's why it's a strong 8 for me. There were some pretty awesome scenes, but the editing... I dunno, I'm just a person of habit and season finales end with Daenerys. Season finales are supposed to end with Daenerys... That's just the natural way of things. And there were a couple other things I wasn't very pleased with either...

Yeah, I agree that we could end up with Jaime going to Dorne instead of Riverrun, and the only problem I see with that is that it's too far for Brienne to be able to track him down after her near hanging by LS. If LS is to be left completely out of the series, as CH was, ( which I hope doesn't happen!), then that part wouldn't be essential. Even in the finale, there were some pretty significant changes from what happened in the books, yet I thought they worked, especially in that they needed to include so many 'major happenings' in it for the unsullied.

One example would be Tyrion not climbing those 236 rungs of the ladder to reach Tywin's rooms, yet I thought it wise to o,it that so more major events could be covered before this season ended. Regarding Jaime going to Dorne va. Riverrun, wasn't Tywin the one who sent him in the books, yet we now know that won't be how it works, with Tywin already dead?

I was really, really upset initially about things that happened in the series that differed from the book, but I guess I've gotten to the point where I accept [most, anyway, not all] the changes as being more or less necessary to sum things up for the unsullied watching the TV series, yet stick to the ten episode limit to cover so, so much material from the books.

I gave it a 10. I admit that the lack of a "Dany rising from the fire with a dragon" moment left me a little wanting, but not every season can end like that. Raw score would be a 9.5 rounded up.

When everyone mentioned Tysha in the beginning of this thread, I kept thinking "Who are they talking about?" and had to look her up in the wiki. Since a lot of non-book readers like myself would have reacted the same way if they suddenly brought her up in the escape scene, I believe that is why they left her out. I totally remember Tyrion telling the story in the tent, but I don't remember if he mentioned her name there. He still could find out about the lie early next season, perhaps from Varys?

I love the Breinne Sandor fight. After Tyrion killed Shae his saying "I'm sorry." like he did was awesome. And I thought that Tywin on the marble throne was excellent, totally wasn't expecting that. Varys sitting next to the crate on the boat was cool too. I am a little curious how Stannis got north of the wall.

He borrowed money from the Iron Bank to buy ships and mercenaries. He sailed to East Watch (which is another castle on the other end of the Wall, next to the sea), then disembarks from there on the North side of the Wall with his calvary.

Edited by sj4iy

How is she alive, why is she alive, etc. It can all be done in one scene truthfully but I think exposing the BwB a bit more would make it work better overall. Plus having some talk about this new female leader of the BwB before finding out who it is would all make for better story telling in the long run.

All that would have been elegantly covered if we had seen Nymeria pull the body from the water then watch on as Thoros and Beric do their thing. Bang. Reveal. Bang. Wolf dream. Bang. Internet explodes.

(Caveat: I am not overly disappointed it didn't happen, I just feel it was a lost opportunity)

The wife and I are in our 70's. We thoroughly enjoyed this and every season. We come to this site for comic relief and to read the wailing and nashing of teeth. We will continue watching until death do us part, in fact we'll probably learn how it ends more by watching than by reading. Go, D&D, go!

Considering that if Bran is in the series next season, it is going to be full of book spoilers, I won't be watching next season. I really wanted this episode to be great and it just fell short. LS is something I didn't need to see, but I wanted some foreshadowing--Arya's dream?--anything. There were some great moments, but for what is essentially my last foray into the show until Winds of Winter comes out, I just wanted something special and I didn't feel like I got that. I thought the scene with the child of the forest throwing fireballs was downright laughable.

All that would have been elegantly covered if we had seen Nymeria pull the body from the water then watch on as Thoros and Beric do their thing. Bang. Reveal. Bang. Wolf dream. Bang. Internet explodes.

(Caveat: I am not overly disappointed it didn't happen, I just feel it was a lost opportunity)

I think Nymeria pulling her out of the river would have to have been done last year or early this year. Either way if they're going to include her, at least they have ample time to fit in some Brotherhood dialogue/scenes to make it a better payoff.