How would you rate episode 410?

Ran

How would you rate episode 410?  

1,081 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

All that would have been elegantly covered if we had seen Nymeria pull the body from the water then watch on as Thoros and Beric do their thing. Bang. Reveal. Bang. Wolf dream. Bang. Internet explodes.

(Caveat: I am not overly disappointed it didn't happen, I just feel it was a lost opportunity)

I don't even know that they had to do the wolf dream.

They could have showed a BwB snippet in the recap reminding everyone about Thoros bring Beric back, then at the end had a couple of BwB guys talking about Beric giving "her" this kiss of life and about how she doesn't talk because her throat was cut so deep while theyre stringing Freys up (it would have viewers attention wondering who they're talking about) show a hooded woman from behind....then Cat turns around and credit roll.

It really could have been accomplished with three actors, 10 extras a tree and some hempen rope. No VFX wolves or dream sequence required. Even unsullied would be able to figure that one out in about 3 seconds.

8.5 as a book reader

10 as a show watcher's perspective

Stannis the Mannis finally getting the portrayal he deserves made up for the crap they put him through this season before Bravoos. D & D have made an absolute mess dumbing down his character but the cavalry charge and scene with Mance brought a tear to me eye. Also great how they brought up Ned.

Brienne and the Hound was awesome. Only nitpick was Arya staying around and the hound talking while Brienne and Pod are frantically running around looking or them.

Qyburn turning into Frankenstein. I can't wait for next season.

Tywin and Tyrion was awesome. I loved how they handled it even if they didn't include "Where whores go". The part with Shae was done really badly though. No dialogue or Shae trying to lie.

The evil dead scene at the Greenseer's cave was hilarious. I really liked it though. We haven't had enough wights and fantasy stuff this season.

Great scene with Dany. I'm getting really sick of the Mereenese Knot already but this scene was very entertaining.

No Stoneheart which is utterly pathetic and brings the episode to a very in-climactic end.

Edited by aFeastForDragons

I really really really liked that finale. It would have been a 100 if it had LS, there were some stupid changes but they still worked within the episode - the lack of Tysha. But what really sold me is how well paced and filmed everything was - there were so many iconic shots and the acting was superb throughout from everyone involved

Edited by sati

I really really really liked that finale. It would have been a 100 if it had LS, there were some stupid changes but they still worked within the episode - the lack of Tysha. But what really sold me is how well paced and filmed everything was - there were so many iconic shots and the acting was superb throughout from everyone involved

There were some really beautiful scene shots, especially Arya seeing the harbor from high atop the cliffs. Very visually appealing.

Mother of Dragon - Sandor does lose his ear, though, but it's against one of Gregor's cut-throats in the inn where the fight took place brought forward in time in the season before he meets Brienne here. In the novel, she's left unsure until Quite Isle that he was supposed to have died but might still be alive.

Edited by The Killer Snark

One little thing. It's funny to read on here all of the complaints about the children throwing fire, throwing hand grenades, OMG that is so unrealistic, so fake, WTF....

And yet, there are dragons who were hatched when a human climbed into a funeral pyre.

There are wargs who bond with direwolves

There are skinchangers

The 3 eyed craven exists and can see through the weirwooods

UnCat and Lord Beric

Undead Gregor

Coldhands...too many more to mention

And yet, when a COTF appears and uses magical abilities everyone is shocked and horrified at how unrealistic it is. It's an adaptation, get over it.

There were some really beautiful scene shots, especially Arya seeing the harbor from high atop the cliffs. Very visually appealing.

Oh yeah! Also the whole Brienne/Hound fight had amazing cinematography, the shot of Tyrion strangling Shae shot from the distance, aerial shots of Stannis' army....really gorgeous stuff

I was very upset with the episode. That being said, the Hound vs Brienne was awesome. And it wasn't in the books. But I kinda wish it was. The Children are magic, and while watching Jojen explode was fuckin stupid yet hilarious, I was ok with the fireball thing. I wasn't ok with how someone who's supposed to be over 120 years old and living on tree support looked around 75ish and like he hasn't been sitting in a fuckin tree for years.

I was very upset with the episode. That being said, the Hound vs Brienne was awesome. And it wasn't in the books. But I kinda wish it was. The Children are magic, and while watching Jojen explode was fuckin stupid yet hilarious, I was ok with the fireball thing. I wasn't ok with how someone who's supposed to be over 120 years old and living on tree support looked around 75ish and like he hasn't been sitting in a fuckin tree for years.

I think for S5, D and D really need to look at some fan artwork of Bloodraven. The way he was portrayed in this finale left a lot to be desired.

First off, LOL at the Stoneheart whiners. Ho-LEE-crap, Batman! Nerds gonna nerdrage, eh?

Anyway, gave it a 9, hypocritically...for the very same reason. I thought an LS ending would have been more impactful, but it didn't do much more than a single points worth of damage to my overall enjoyment. Besides, I'm still holding hope for her appearance next season.

I'm rating this thread 8/10

It's pretty entertaining, and some of the rage quits really up the drama quotient. Loses points for a lack of consistency (D&D have whitewashed St Tyrion!!! D&D have given Tyrion less justification for the murders and now it looks cold blooded!!) and some undeniably poor writing.

Still looking forward to S04E01 rate thread though :D

Would have been great to see LS at the end of this episode, especially after Arya's scene on the ship...it really would've worked well. Not sure if the show is planning to cut LS completely, or maybe we'll see her in S5. They might even devote more time to her, and to the brotherhood w/o banenrs, if Jaime is headed to Dorne for the first half of S5. Brienne meets up with Lord Tarly, another Hotpie scene (lol), maybe Gendry, and end it with LS with AFFC scene. I'm really not sure what S5 will look like, but it could go either way.

As for this episode, wish we got more Mel, though her brief appearance was pretty cool. I enjoyed Leaf/Bran's PoV. It'd be great if they use BloodRaven to introduce Blackfyre backstory next season, maybe match up the scenes to Tyrion's scenes with Faegon.