How would you rate episode 410?

Ran

How would you rate episode 410?  

1,081 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

The show had great material to work with for the finale. A lot of story lines just happened to have great plot points all at once (except maybe Dany). How the show did not get a slam dunk 10 is incredible. Did D&D purposely want to veer from the book, did they need to change the story lines to narrow the focus, or did they just fuck up? Not sure, but I'm pretty disappointed. Moving forward, I'll just have to except that the show is not following the books and adjust my expectations accordingly.

:cheers:

I love when show groupies dump on us for criticizing when the show mangles the story. Like, wtf are you even watching? Are you honestly defending the decisions they make? We get Tyrion's beetle soliloquy and Missandei and Dany wondering about Grey Worm's non-existent dick, but no Lady Stoneheart - a revenant bent on vengeance? Die.

:Clinks Glass:

Good episode (8) given the fact that so much was supposed to happen in this finale. Too much time was lost with Ygritte's pyre and the Hound-Brienne's clumsy battle, that should have been spent on the Wall battle. And those silly Pirates of the Caribbean in the snow... Again, great stuff from Tyrion! Priorities, priorities!

8/10. Can't rate it low because of the missing LS, was still very good overall. Hoping the open with her though, since I can see why they wouldn't have that in a finale due to the non book audience not understanding what happened.

No "where do whores go" not sure if I like that or dislike it, since it was irritating seeing that line 100s of times in the books, but it is an important part in Tyrion's emotions.

Stannis part was great, Bran was well done, I like how they managed to do Arya's story similar to the books but totally different at the same time.

8/10. Can't rate it low because of the missing LS, was still very good overall. Hoping the open with her though, since I can see why they wouldn't have that in a finale due to the non book audience not understanding what happened.

No "where do whores go" not sure if I like that or dislike it, since it was irritating seeing that line 100s of times in the books, but it is an important part in Tyrion's emotions.

Stannis part was great, Bran was well done, I like how they managed to do Arya's story similar to the books but totally different at the same time.

Based on the interview I mentioned... sadly I am not so sure she will ever be included. Hopefully the fan-rage will make a difference. I actually gave it a 9. Sure I wouldve done some things differently but judging it on "Was this a great episode of television?" is what I gave my rating for.

You should read the interview Alex Graves gave on how they never even intended on her to be in this season from day 1. There was no question about it. Left some real questions on whether she will ever be included TBH.

Do whatever you want to justify whatever you want man.

Doesn't mean I have to put up with a lackluster finale that only had like 3 good scenes out of a possible 100.

Do whatever you want to justify whatever you want man.

Doesn't mean I have to put up with a lackluster finale that only had like 3 good scenes out of a possible 100.

How is that a reply to me saying that an interview they gave makes me think LS wont make it on the show? I actually prefer she would make it. But if you say 3 out of 100 scenes were good I think you are a pretty over-critical book reader that takes things that didnt go as you wanted too seriously. Most unsullied thought very highly of it because they didnt know what was coming. 3 out of 100? Thats pretty extreme. Definitely things that couldve been done better... definitely things I wished happened... definitely would do things differently if I had my way.... but it was still a great hour + of TV regardless of my wishes.

10/10.

+ Removal of Tysha and "Where do whores go" tedious and overused line

+ Removal of "Tywin Lannister did not in the end shit gold." Tywin is one of my favorite characters and I'm happy the show has portrayed Tywin without Tyrion's jealousy/hatred-filled glasses.

+ Removal of Lady Stoneheart. Resurrection of characters ruins books. When the author pulls this sort of stunt, it removes the emotional impact of character death.

+ Removal of the scene where Tyrion is a dick to Jaime after finding out more of the truth about Tysha. I loved that they ended the scene with their brotherly bond intact. I could use a happy moment between brothers, I'm sure others could as well. This show is in need of happy moments every now and again

+ I think the right emphasis was given about Stannis swooping in out of nowhere, intentions mysterious. He's not really a golden hero like Dany, his scenes shouldn't in my opinion play out the same way as her

+ Addition of the Children girl throwing fireballs

+ Ending Dany's plot with chaining the dragons. I love the ambiguity that GRRM uses about dragon use- they were cute and fun and controllable as baby dragons, as teens? older kids?, they act like….dragons, not trained pets. There is no good answer to solving the dragon problem. I firmly believe that without dragon books or dragon magic or outside help, dragons are virtually uncontrollable. (Yes Dany rode Drogon, but she's hardly barking commands while he fireballs the other army by this point)

+Ygritte's funeral. I cried when she died in the books

How is that a reply to me saying that an interview they gave makes me think LS wont make it on the show? I actually prefer she would make it. But if you say 3 out of 100 scenes were good I think you are a pretty over-critical book reader that takes things that didnt go as you wanted too seriously. Most unsullied thought very highly of it because they didnt know what was coming. 3 out of 100? Thats pretty extreme. Definitely things that couldve been done better... definitely things I wished happened... definitely would do things differently if I had my way.... but it was still a great hour + of TV regardless of my wishes.

OK let's try this. Start with 10 points.

-1 point for Jojen and BR not looking like BR in my head. (Makeup?! Anyone?!)

-3 Points for no LS and the absolute butchering of Tyrion/Jamies entire story arc.

+2 points for Stannis/Jon/Mance.

+4 points for Arya/Hound/Brienne/Pod.

Total= 6 points.

I'm not "overly critical" (and if I am you should read some of these other posts). However if I am being overly critical then you're clearly being a show-apologist. I don't even really care all that much about LS but for the cliffhanger appeal ALONE she should've been there. You're right it was an entertaining hour of television but it COULD have been the best hour of television all month if they worked with the readily available material and didn't feel the need to change things for a majority-holding-mouth-breathing audience.