How would you rate episode 410?

Ran

How would you rate episode 410?  

1,081 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

Okay I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that is bummed Lady Stoneheart did not make an appearance. I was really looking forward to seeing her being resurrected. So they lose points for that. Everything else though was pretty good. I liked When Stannis arrived with his troops flanking both sides. I didn't really care for Cersei and Tywins conversation. I think Brans part really saved the episode. Still a little disturbed about them still not including Cold hands. I loved the fight scene between the Hound and Brienne.

All in all its 8/10 from me. Not including Coldhands and Lady SH, is a real disappointment for me.

I read the books and I know it's dark as can be. Doesn't mean I don't want small victories every once in a while.

I don't think it's that we don't want those victroies; it's that it betrays the character arcs and what is to come. Jamie not knowing about Cersei throws a wrench into next season when he's supposed to be moving forward, not regressing. Tyrion learning about Tysha makes him quite unhinged. He and Jamie parted as loving brothers. It just messes up the future arcs.

Edited by BearQueen87

A couple minutes after posting my thoughts after watching tonight's episode, I realized a little something notice how tywin was being a bit "submissive"(Maybe to strong of a word) with tyrion? Then I realized it was because cersei had told him ealier about her and Jamie. So in guessing tywin finally realized tyrion was his last hope. Now I had like that little bit then I realized! Cersei would never! Tell tywin about her and Jamie. In fact everything she said to Jamie in tonight's episode is everything that JAMIE should have been saying to her back in the sept scene instead of "I don't care...I don't care"

I just think D&D make weird choices in their writting that I obviously don't understand. Maybe it's because they don't trust the "unsullied" viewers to understand certain things so they're just dumbing it down a little bit.

That's an interesting point about Tywin. Fits the show. Makes me less angry about the episode as a whole.

Thanks.

Anyway, I absolutely hate cgi, I found the Bran scenes to be quite tedious since it was mostly cgi. I've never seen the appeal, it doesn't look real at all it just looks ridiculous.

I think some of the wide shots of the wall are really good and totally CG. The skeletons yes it was abit comedy but (working in the industry) it was technically quite well done for what it was.Its a shame the whole scene became abit cpu game / mortal kombat. In fact all the vfx on last 2 episodes i'd argue have been great. U must consider that a tv show has more than half the time and less budget than a feature film.

Edited by Mark of Myr

The show DOES need happy moments, or they will lose viewers who come to be entertained and not constantly depressed.

Because Tyrion killing Shae and Tywin then escaping would be such a depressing sequence.... so they had to lighten it by having Tyrion and Jaime BFFs and screw the future character paths. OK.

10/10.

+ Removal of Tysha and "Where do whores go" tedious and overused line

+ Removal of "Tywin Lannister did not in the end shit gold." Tywin is one of my favorite characters and I'm happy the show has portrayed Tywin without Tyrion's jealousy/hatred-filled glasses.

+ Removal of Lady Stoneheart. Resurrection of characters ruins books. When the author pulls this sort of stunt, it removes the emotional impact of character death.

+ Removal of the scene where Tyrion is a dick to Jaime after finding out more of the truth about Tysha. I loved that they ended the scene with their brotherly bond intact. I could use a happy moment between brothers, I'm sure others could as well. This show is in need of happy moments every now and again

So... I get that you didn't like the books this show is based on?

Because Tyrion killing Shae and Tywin then escaping would be such a depressing sequence.... so they had to lighten it by having Tyrion and Jaime BFFs and screw the future character paths. OK.

You don't know how those character paths will go. This is the show, not the books. These characters aren't carbon copies of their book counterparts, and while some aren't as good, some have been better.

I really enoyed it all definitely a 10. My unsullied husband was disappointed that there weren't more deaths. (Jojen, Hound, Shae, Tywin and Wildling hosts weren't enough for him apparently.) He wants to know when Jon Snow dies. I really liked the Fall of the House of Lannister this season. They will never all meet again, just like the Starks. Vale Joffrey, Vale Tywin...

The deaths of the Clegane brothers is another matter. I think they might meet again.

Finally Stannis gets to the Wall and they did that part well. I enjoyed Mance Rayder's part and Bran gets to BloodRaven at last.

You don't know how those character paths will go. This is the show, not the books. These characters aren't carbon copies of their book counterparts, and while some aren't as good, some have been better.

Indeed.

But the only reason I am watching this show is because I have previously read the books. I would not be watching if not for that grounding. If the show disconnects too far from the story it gets a similar disconnect from my support of it.

Many of the changes are needed. Many I support. There are many more changes I would have liked to have seen where their changes have been pathetically weak. This is one change that is disappointing and for the first time ever I am not on tender-hooks waiting for the next episode.

So I guess this episode more or less spoiled for us what's going to happen to Jojen in the next book, along with the real faith of The Moutain.

I suppose more book spoilers will follow next season.

While I haven't read all of this yet, and while I still think the books and the show are decidedly different entities, I am happy beyond endurance at the deliberate exclusion of "jojen-paste" in the show!! Possibly others have approved as well by now, but my relief was exponential!! If only the books follow suit..

The way that the show portrayed Bloodraven and TCOTF was horrible. Leaf looked absolutely no different from an ordinary human (I thought TCOTF had cat's eyes and only 3 fingers?) and Bloodraven looked young enough to go out for a jog, rather than a 120+ year old one-eyed man that's decomposing into a tree.

As mentioned previously by others, the "Jaime rescuing Tyrion" scene was completely rushed. No mention of Tysha, no mention of Cersei with Lancel, no lie about killing Joffrey. What the hell?

However, I thought the episode had a few positives. Brienne's confrontation with the Hound was far more interesting than most of her dull adventure in AFFC, and Stannis' arrival was well done. I could care less about the lack of LS for now, even though it would've been a way more badass ending than Arya standing on a boat.

Edited by J-Law

I think some of the wide shots of the wall are really good and totally CG. The skeletons yes it was abit comedy but (working in the industry) it was technically quite well done for what it was.Its a shame the whole scene became abit cpu game / mortal kombat. In fact all the vfx on last 2 episodes i'd argue have been great. U must consider that a tv show has more than half the time and less budget than a feature film.

Yeah, I don't actually mind the shots of the wall to be honest. I just don't care for cgi at all, I know I'm in the minority there. I do try to be more lenient with tv shows though.

The way that the show portrayed Bloodraven and TCOTF was horrible. Leaf looked absolutely no different from an ordinary human (I thought TCOTF had cat's eyes and only 3 fingers?) and Bloodraven looked young enough to go out for a jog, rather than a 120+ year old one-eyed man that's decomposing into a tree.

As mentioned previously by others, the "Jaime rescuing Tyrion" scene was completely rushed. No mention of Tysha, no mention of Cersei with Lancel, no lie about killing Joffrey. What the hell?

However, I thought the episode had a few positives. Brienne's confrontation with the Hound was far more interesting than most of her dull adventure in AFFC, and Stannis' arrival was well done. I could care less about the lack of LS for now, even though it would've been a way more badass ending than Arya standing on a boat.

The actress for the child of the forest is actually how I pictured the waif in Braavos