How would you rate episode 410?

Ran

How would you rate episode 410?  

1,081 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

I really hope you're right but something tells me they'll pretty much ignore both Dorne and Pyke and we'll get a single character from each area at most [emoji21]

Casting calls are already out (and I think some have been cast) for I believe 4 sand snakes and for Doran. Plus they are scouting locations for shooting in Spain,which most likely will be Dorne. So I wouldn't worry about the Dornish plot at all. Vic might get cut and some of his stuff could be combined into Euron though...

As a dude who's argued for there to me a much better balance between the sexes in the nudity/vulnerability stakes of GoT I do get where you're coming from (even add in that they left out Zei's heroics), but I also wonder if choosing to have Brienne defeat The Hound is some kind of attempt to address those issues - even down to the way they didn't play up his weakness from infection in the episode, so it looked like she beat him fair and square.

It's also a failure. Physically strong women don't mean equality in complexity of female characters. The same goes for Talisa: sassy emancipated woman from Volatis, she's a trope.

In the books, Brienne is a skilled swordswoman BUT also gentle-hearted and averse to violence. She doesn't have the killer instinct. On the show, she's just a one-dimensional "badass" heroine. The real Brienne would never just pick a knock-down drag-out brawl on the side of the road.

It's also a failure. Physically strong women don't mean equality in complexity of female characters. The same goes for Talisa: sassy emancipated woman from Volatis, she's a trope.

I wish I could thumbs up.

I don't mind the Brienne/Hound meeting per se but I do have issues with how the fight started and deeper issues with what they have done with Brienne's character since they arrived at the inn. It is as troubling to me as the 'But we are not men' line. That moment was one of Dany being tender and having internal doubts about the path she was taking, but they cheapened it to mere 'OMG she so badass' TV fan service.

Remember when Jon was fighting Iron Emmett and got pissed over some recalled memory. He just went medieval. That seemed to be how Brienne won. She just kicked it up from emotion.

I'm OK with criticism if it leads to sth educational to the open minds on here - who may be lurking. Repeating a complaint about sth not even sensible w the book or which might come later isn't much food for thought though.

Edited by rmholt

The people who rate this show at a 1 are just not being intellectually honest. Even the episodes of Game of Thrones rated at a 1 are leagues ahead of other shows right now.

I imagine many of the "1s" were people that, for example, were heartbroken there was no LS. So their response is to go back and find fault in everything else about the episode to mask the rage they feel that something they desperately wanted didn't happen (or at least happen the way they expected).

Kind of like a child who doesn't get the gift he wanted for Christmas so he destroys the rest saying they're all crap. No, that's wrong, some fans are *exactly* like a child who didn't get what he wanted for Christmas.

I wasn't keen on the Jason and the Argonauts scene, the lack of LS and Coldhands. Tyrions seemed a bit rushed and somehow the drama of his actions lost. Again the Stannis scene just seemed to happen with no sense of relief for the watch or emotion. The events just happened on screen and it wasn't captivating.

I might have enjoyed this were my expectations not so high. I expected this to be the best episode of any TV show ever, but it just didn't work.

Normally I look on here just for a quick guide as to how the episode will be as I'm in the UK and watch a day late. I normally ignore the generally snobby and overly picky comments, but for once I'm forces to agree with some.

A 7 from me

Edited by Diehard_si

Casting calls are already out (and I think some have been cast) for I believe 4 sand snakes and for Doran. Plus they are scouting locations for shooting in Spain,which most likely will be Dorne. So I wouldn't worry about the Dornish plot at all. Vic might get cut and some of his stuff could be combined into Euron though...

I don't see how it can work if they combine those two characters.

I liked Brienne and the Hound, even though I knew who would win

I didn't like Arya leaving him. They made them too friendly that it didn't make sense

Missed Theon, Sansa and Lady Stoneheart

Children of the Forest looked weird, but I'll get used to it

Jojen's death was well done

Tyrion and Tywin was underwhelming

Tyrion and Jaime was underwhelming

Arya as the last scene was stupid

Chaining the dragons didn't make sense for me, I know it's in the books but they chained them up and sealed them in the room. Why not chain them outside so they have space to grow, why not just seal them in the room and not chain them up! Also why did Daenerys do it? She could have been killed. The dragons have become a bit hostile to her, as seen in episode 1 when they roared at her. Get Grey Worm to do it, nobody likes him anyway

Resolution to Jon's story could have been done in episode 9, which annoyed me because they left 9 at a cliffhanger when they could have fitted it in and then used Jon's episode 10 time for Lady Stoneheart

Robert Strong is pretty much confirmed

Cersei telling Tywin about the twincest was good, but I really wish Tywin had slapped her

I wish Tywin wasn't on the toilet when he died, I know it was a book thing but I wish he had been given a more dignifying death

Shae being killed by Tyrion was a bit stupid. Why didn't she just throw him off her!

I actually liked Bloodraven, but the repeated camera angle was annoying

I liked the skeletons

I thought Hodor was going to die when he was being smacked across the face

The general skeleton that appearead, I thought was going to be Coldhands and I kind of cheered. Then he attacked Hodor :(

Not going to see the elections until a year later

I gave it a 7

They really dropped the ball with Tyrion and Jaime's last conversation. Their goodbyes needed to be bittersweet(probably putting it lightly) for future character development.

Tyrion killing Tywin felt more like an spoiled kid with daddy issues taking it too far. Ended up falling flat for me.

Brienne vs the Hound. Loved them meeting and the conversation between them. But the fight made no sense at all. Arya is supposed to trust somebody with a Lannister sword, a former Lannister squire, that claims Cat (and Jaime) sent her? Then Brienne fights Arya's only "friend" left in Westeros that's been protecting her. Yep, that'll make Arya trust you. Sloppy fan fiction at best.

To clarify, the acting and dialogue was top notch, but the fight and any reasons given to fight were silly.

Bloodraven and the CotF were kinda cool. Some good (skeleton fight was cool even though it looks a bit dated) some bad (CotF looked like a cheesy Peter Pan). It evens out.

The Mountain was terrible. He should have been writhing in pain, not chillin on a table. Thanks for the definitive spoiler with too.

Stannis was badass. The whole Stannis/Jon/Mance was great. Probably a bit too short.

Dany's scene was good but it could've been done earlier. That's my only complaint with her.

Rating strictly by the show I'd give it a 5. The fight really killed the episode, too much didn't make sense.

Rating for having read the books and following the show is a 4. I'm not crazy about the changes made, no Stoneheart, still no Coldhands (with soooo many opportunities), Jaime and Tyrion staying BFFs. It ended a decent season with enormous pacing issues.

Also I don't understand all the 1s and 10s.

Too many changes in the whole season, stannis going to braavos( the city and Mark Gatiss were totally cool), many things i was looking forward to were cut off. Tysha, Wherever whores go. Tywin Lannister did not shit gold. LADY Stoneheart. The Brienna Hound encounter was good though.Stannis at the wall was amazing. But the Stoneheart absence was very big.

Ill rate it 8.

Add to that no Tysha story, no Stoneheart and never an appearance of Coldhands.

Wait until next season. Imagine if they cut Victarion, Aegon, Quentyn, Manderly, Val, Mance's son, the brotherhood, Aurane Waters etc

This is the point where D & D could really start pushing their own ideas and the way THEY want the story to unfold.

Edited by aFeastForDragons

Ok, it's a 10 for the whole effort. Only as a TV viewer.

As a reader. I don't know what I should give to the episode. Certainly one or two things that happened bothered me, but after all it is a TV show and we have to understand that.

On the other hand..... I LOVE THE BOOKS !!!!!!!

Edited by gmavridis

I gave it a 5 for mainly most of the reasons listed in the nitpicking (HA!) thread.

Like the rest of this season, it felt like disjointed scenes with weird pacing, no middle ground between nonsensical fillers and rushed should-have-been high points.

Most of the builds-ups and follow-ups are missing.