How would you rate episode 410?

Ran

How would you rate episode 410?  

1,081 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

Tyrion knew that his father goes everyday at 11pm to the last privy in the corridor of the western wing of the Red Keep, obviously.

I mean, who would have a privy next to his personal chambers. :lol:

That was the stupidest part of it. Have Tyrion walk along this long corridor to find him on the last toilet.

Ventilation

Metopheles, on 20 Jun 2014 - 4:21 PM, said:snapback.png

minor changes like Jaime being back way earlier.

minor changes like "the Lannisters send their regards"---------->as opposed to "Jaime Lannister". This destroys the whole Stoneheart setup. Cat believes it was all Jaime's doing. I mean...I can't even. This is a major change for fuck's sake!!!!!

minor changes like Arya and Tywin

minor changes like Gendry and Edric

minor changes like Astapor-------------> Dany decides to go there. And the whole plot was changed. I mean it has good parts in the change, but ultimately no adaptation

minor changes like Yunkai

minor changes like Meereen

minor changes like Yara and the Dreadfort

Balon alive

Jojen dead

Hizdahr the good guy------------> Oh my daddy was crucified, but he was good woo huu huu.

Jorah the loyal----------> make him seem the good guy and Dany the bitch when she banishes him

Belwas the nonexistent

Shae the likable

Brienne and the Hound

the Vale and the Hound

Rorge and Biter and the Hound

the Mountain that remains silent------------>no screaming of him. I mean kudos for having Lysa scream. This was my favourite thing they kept in. But the mountain not screaming?

the Bloodraven with the two brown eyes----> instead of a root out of one eye socket and one red eye

the skeletons of snow hill-----------------> instead of wights.

the boy from Molestown

Tysha the forgotten

Shae the attempted murderer

Your Sister -----------------> as opposed to Only Cat

Coldhands the invisible

:

:

:

Cutting characters, inventing material and changing lines does not equate to negating the label of "adaptation." This comparison is ridiculous. Also, can you please explain to me how the bolded examples are major deviations in any sense?

Here you go :)

minor changes like Jaime being back way earlier. which was not a big deal

minor changes like "the Lannisters send their regards" and? Jaime is still a Lannister, right?

minor changes like Arya and Tywin which was better than the book, as agreed by almost everyone

minor changes like Gendry and Edric combined into one, who still had so little to do that we didn't even see him for the entire 4th season

minor changes like Astapor she still sacked it

minor changes like Yunkai she still sacked it

minor changes like Meereen she still sacked it and took control of it

minor changes like Yara and the Dreadfort not the best scene, but the point was to show how lost Theon is

Balon alive not for long

Jojen dead we don't even know if he's alive in the books

Hizdahr the good guy for now

Jorah the loyal ...not getting this one

Belwas the nonexistent and not necessary

Shae the likable who still died?

Brienne and the Hound which was awesome

the Vale and the Hound which was still awesome

Rorge and Biter and the Hound which led to the Hound's death

the Mountain that remains silent ...because it's sort of hard to hear people talking over someone screaming

the Bloodraven with the two brown eyes oh no, that makes such a difference to his character!

the skeletons of snow hill dead people are dead people- I doubt the WW care about decomposition rates

the boy from Molestown who replaced Satin

Tysha the forgotten because Shae replaced her

Shae the attempted murderer can't blame her

Your Sister I can't believe people care about something as trivial as this

Coldhands the invisible Coldhands the unnecessary elk taxi service

There. I have nitpicked your nitpicks.

Edited by sj4iy

ame="rmholt" post="5939746" timestamp="1403276142"]

Oops yeah finally found my original quote - yeah she slept with Lancel. Later she punched him in the arrow. No romance at all.

Now I'm confused, are you annoyed with me or not? :dunno: :p

The books got it wrong, then, because that's a terrible place to put it when you don't have indoor plumbing.

The books got it wrong then, sure.

I actually don't debate if the books got something right or wrong or if the show corrected a "mistake".

The books are the law and the facts when it comes to ASOIAF. At least for me.

Why then has Sansa a chamber pot? She shits in a porcelain dish and puts it under her bed until her handmaidens come. Books and Series say that. Why then would the privy that has probably even a direct connection to the outer wall of the Red Keep be located somewhere else?

In most castles that still stand, the toilet is located in a room directly at the wall. So the excrements weren't kept in a box to collect later on, but the toilet you sat on had a slide that let the shit fall through the wall into the moat.

So they more or less shat down the wall.

So there was not really a scent left.

And as a highborn and in the world of grrm, they likely had a vase of water that they poured after they were done, so to wash down the literal shit stains.

^sorry for the image. :)

LOL thank you, what a bizarre list to bust out to prove the show is deviating from the books. Literally, a character is silently comatose instead of screaming in pain after a battle is now a major change? Saying "your sister" referring to Cat instead of "only Cat" is a major change? People need to get some perspective.

As for Tysha, I mean, it's pretty simple--the entire Tysha thing happens inside Tyrion's head for basically the entire series. In order to give that relationship its proper importance, they would've needed him to just talk to people about it all the time--Pod, Jaimie, Bronn, Cat, the dude guarding his sky cell, Cersei, whoever and whenever. They also have this conveniently placed love interest right there next to him they could use as a stand-in instead. So they went the way of showing rather than telling. That's smart writing. Tysha just doesn't translate well to screen.

Awesome rant. I agree completely. If some people are so upset about every deviation to the text then dont watch it! Stop torturing yourselves and find something else to do. Personally I would loose interest pretty fast if the show was simply a page by page cutout of the novels.

I don't think it's that we don't want those victroies; it's that it betrays the character arcs and what is to come. Jamie not knowing about Cersei throws a wrench into next season when he's supposed to be moving forward, not regressing. Tyrion learning about Tysha makes him quite unhinged. He and Jamie parted as loving brothers. It just messes up the future arcs.

If it keeps Tyrion from moping around Essos for season 5 repeating "where do whores go", it's an improvement. None of us know whether Tysha is important to his end-game, but D&D do know.

No one expects that, but this is not filming the books. This is writing your own stories using GRRM's characters. That's fan fiction by definition. I wouldn't have any problem with it if the snow was advertised as "loosely based on ..." rather than "adaptation of..." First season was an adaptation, even seasons 2 and 3, but season 4 went its own way and it's sad to watch.

It's not fanfiction when you buy the rights to adapt the books and the characters. GoT is its own beast.

The books got it wrong then, sure.

I actually don't debate if the books got something right or wrong or if the show corrected a "mistake".

The books are the law and the facts when it comes to ASOIAF. At least for me.

Why then has Sansa a chamber pot? She shits in a porcelain dish and puts it under her bed until her handmaidens come. Books and Series say that. Why then would the privy that has probably even a direct connection to the outer wall of the Red Keep be located somewhere else?

In most castles that still stand, the toilet is located in a room directly at the wall. So the excrements weren't kept in a box to collect later on, but the toilet you sat on had a slide that let the shit fall through the wall into the moat.

So they more or less shat down the wall.

So there was not really a scent left.

And as a highborn and in the world of grrm, they likely had a vase of water that they poured after they were done, so to wash down the literal shit stains.

^sorry for the image. :)

...yeah, I really don't feel like discussing the sanitation habits of the characters in the book vs the show.

The books got it wrong, basically. The show fixed it. The show is allowed to do that, because the books are NOT law, nor are they the bible. Changes are, always have been and always will be allowed. If Martin makes a mistake, like say, a regular Wildling archer's arrow can reach 700 feet straight up in the air to hit a guy on top of the Wall (which happened), then the show is ALLOWED to say "hmm, that could never happen, let's fix that" and change it to where the Wildling's arrow no longer reaches, but a Giant's arrow could. Even Martin admitted that the arrow thing was a mistake. So it's all good now.