How would you rate episode 410?

Ran

How would you rate episode 410?  

1,081 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

IF ITS NOT VALYRIAN IT'S CRAP

That's completely inauthentic, then- Needle wasn't Valyrian steel! See, they ARE ripping us off, they can't even get the details on their own products right! Guess that's what you get when the writers are the ones doing the marketing.

...and you must not have actually read what I wrote in my post, because I didn't say that or anything LIKE that at all. I said they will be taking from 4 different books - 3, 4, 5 and 6 next season because some characters are behind (like Jon and Stannis) and some characters are ahead (like Sansa and Bran). I never said they would finish the next two books in the next season, I said that they have 3 seasons to finish 4 books, so things will get cut, consolidated and moved around. It's not going to be strictly this season to this book anymore.

I don't get the antagonism I'm getting for stating the obvious.

I'm sorry, but it was you who said couple of posts ago that the show will reach all book five cliffhangers before books six comes out. Since it has been announced that book 6 will be published in 2015, this means you believe the show will catch up with GRRM's writing in one season. Unless you believe TWoW will not be published in 2015. However, you have never stated this and the link I posted above shows D&D have no worries about GRRM's writing lagging behind the show.

I'm sorry, but it was you who said couple of posts ago that the show will reach all book five cliffhangers before books six comes out. Since it has been announced that book 6 will be published in 2015, this means you believe the show will catch up with GRRM's writing in one season. Unless you believe TWoW will not be published in 2015. However, you have never stated this and the link I posted above shows D&D have no worries about GRRM's writing lagging behind the show.

It was NOT announced. They said "no earlier than 2015". That doesn't MEAN 2015. Just like they didn't announce 8 seasons. Show me where they have actually announced both of those things- in an actual, official announcement.

I SPECIFICALLY said that I would not be surprised to see season 6 before we get the next book. I also said that they show will likely start using material from TWOW next year in season 5.

What is so hard to understand about this? Does the thought of the show surpassing the books terrify you so much? It will eventually happen- it is impossible to avoid. And it's not a guess that they will be cutting stuff from the next two books...it's practically guaranteed. I'm also hardly the only one who thinks these things.

Edited by sj4iy

It was NOT announced. They said "no earlier than 2015". That doesn't MEAN 2015. Just like they didn't announce 8 seasons. Show me where they have actually announced both of those things- in an actual, official announcement.

I SPECIFICALLY said that I would not be surprised to see season 6 before we get the next book. I also said that they show will likely start using material from TWOW next year in season 5.

What is so hard to understand about this?

I have posted the link and the exact TC where D&D interview begins. Have you looked at it? Do you want me to respost it? That's where they say there will be 8 seasons.

As for the book not being published in 2015, both you and I do not know that. It was said both in 2015 and "not before" 2015. Again, in the link that I posted in response to your post D&D are talking about not being worried that GRRM writing will leg behind the show.

What is so hard to understand about this? You just have to consult the link that I posted.

I have posted the link and the exact TC where D&D interview begins. Have you looked at it? Do you want me to respost it? That's where they say there will be 8 seasons.

As for the book not being published in 2015, both you and I do not know that. It was said both in 2015 and "not before" 2015. Again, in the link that I posted in response to your post D&D are talking about not being worried that GRRM writing will leg behind the show.

What is so hard to understand about this? You just have to consult the link that I posted.

Random interview #3,467 isn't an official announcement. I could find hundreds of articles with them saying 7...officially, they've not changed anything yet.

Not before 2015 doesn't mean 2015. I will not say it is due out next year when it could be due out literally anytime after 2015. 2016 comes after 2015, so it's also possible. D&D aren't worried because it doesn't affect their project at all when Martin releases the books...they have his notes and his phone number. They will proceed as planned because they have no choice...they have to continue making the show. At this point, it's Martin who will likely finish last.

You don't want to admit it, fine- but whether you do or not, the show will finish before the books- that is, unless Martin can get out two 1500 page books in the next 2 years. Considering he's not even finished with one, that scenario is extremely unlikely.

Edited by sj4iy

Random interview #3,467 isn't an official announcement. I could find hundreds of articles with them saying 7...officially, they've not changed anything yet.

Not before 2015 doesn't mean 2015. I will not say it is due out next year when it could be due out literally anytime after 2015. 2016 comes after 2015, so it's also possible. D&D aren't worried because it doesn't affect their project at all when Martin releases the books...they have his notes and his phone number. They will proceed as planned because they have no choice...they have to continue making the show. At this point, it's Martin who will likely finish last.

You don't want to admit it, fine- but whether you do or not, the show will finish before the books- that is, unless Martin can get out two 1500 page books in the next 2 years. Considering he's not even finished with one, that scenario is extremely unlikely.

Ranting at me is easier than watching a couple of minutes of D&D interview, I see. Since you do not need D&D's opinion to form yours, I don't think there is much that leaves to be said on the subject.

Edited by Modesty Lannister

Ranting at me is easier than watching a couple of minutes of D&D interview, I see. Since you do not need D&D's opinion to form yours, I don't think there is much that leaves to be said on the subject.

I'm not ranting at you. I did listen to some of that interview, it doesn't mean anything though unless they officially announce it. There isn't much left to be said on the subject though, because until there IS an official announcement on both the release date of the books and the seasons of the show, this is all speculation. I don't know what their opinion has to do with anything, though. My opinion will always follow what we currently know, and not what may or may not be said in every single interview they've ever done.

Edited by sj4iy

They've never said 8 seasons.

Incorrect:

Dan Weiss: We know there’s an end somewhere in the seven- or eight-season zone.

That interview was conducted in February some time, and the process of breaking down the 5th season was already well on the way there.

Also at the red carpet premiere, with the break down done, that point was reiterated when Benioff stated "at least 7 seasons", obviously implying it may take more.

Next year is when they'll have to pull the trigger on the total number of seasons.

Incorrect:

That interview was conducted in February some time, and the process of breaking down the 5th season was already well on the way there.

Also at the red carpet premiere, with the break down done, that point was reiterated when Benioff stated "at least 7 seasons", obviously implying it may take more.

Next year is when they'll have to pull the trigger on the total number of seasons.

I reiterated that they have said different things in different interviews, but like you said- they haven't made any decisions yet. That's why I would not count on an 8th season until they officially announce it.

Book readers were anticipating this scene big time. It's difficult to nail a scene that book readers want to see done right but he disappointed no one. Even you aren't bashing his performance.

Both he (specifically) and this scene in general disappointed me. I seriously thought the father was a woman in drag or somebody getting a sex change, so I found it hard to believe that Dany & co. accepted him as the child's father. But, bad casting/wardrobe/acting aside, I was more annoyed by the writers failing to have *somebody* assume that he was there for goat money. You know, like what was done to great effect in the book, and even set up in a previous episode. Ofc, that's only one of many times (including several this episode) that the writers of one episode failed to connect the dots from previous episodes.

It's ok if *you* (and others) personally liked the actor and the scene, just don't say that the actor disappointed *no one*.

Both he (specifically) and this scene in general disappointed me. I seriously thought the father was a woman in drag or somebody getting a sex change, so I found it hard to believe that Dany & co. accepted him as the child's father. But, bad casting/wardrobe/acting aside, I was more annoyed by the writers failing to have *somebody* assume that he was there for goat money. You know, like what was done to great effect in the book, and even set up in a previous episode. Ofc, that's only one of many times (including several this episode) that the writers of one episode failed to connect the dots from previous episodes.

It's ok if *you* (and others) personally liked the actor and the scene, just don't say that the actor disappointed *no one*.

Wow…it's posts like these that make me want to run away from this forum and never look back. The scene disappointed you because the actor looked too feminine?

This is called "looking too hard to find something wrong".