How would you rate episode 410?

Ran

How would you rate episode 410?  

1,081 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

Wow…it's posts like these that make me want to run away from this forum and never look back. The scene disappointed you because the actor looked too feminine?

Honestly, I never knew a man seeming to be a bit small of build equalled being 'feminine' in some people's minds? After all, who could tell much about the father's appearance, masculine or feminine, undert that all consuming turban and the robes. It is disheartening to read such things, I agree.

I thought the entire segment of the father bringing his daughter's remains to Dany chaining the dragons was actually, surprisingly, one of the better parts of the episode.

Honestly, I never knew a man seeming to be a bit small of build equalled being 'feminine' in some people's minds? After all, who could tell much about the father's appearance, masculine or feminine, undert that all consuming turban and the robes. It is disheartening to read such things, I agree.

I thought the entire segment of the father bringing his daughter's remains to Dany chaining the dragons was actually, surprisingly, one of the better parts of the episode.

Yeah, I was surprisingly touched. Brilliantly done.

...better than ignoring the bad that is obviously there.. :leaving:

To each his own.

Wow…it's posts like these that make me want to run away from this forum and never look back. The scene disappointed you because the actor looked too feminine?

I didn't say that the actor look "feminine", I said that he looked like a female pretending to be a male, i.e., in drag. Basically, he reminded me of Gwenyth Paltrow as Viola in Shakespeare in Love (when she dressed like a man to get a part in Romeo and Ethel).

And no, the actor being "off" was not the only reason I didn't like the scene...as I clearly said, I thought the writing was bad as well. And the rest of the cast in the scene weren't on their A-games, which is usual when the writing is bad, which (this season) describes almost every scene in Mereen.

And sorry if my finding an actor not looking the part lowering my appreciation for a scene you apparently liked drives you away from these forums, but if you aren't open to reading disagreeing opinions, running away and not looking back seems like a good plan for you to try.

I didn't say feminine, I said female. The chaining of the Dragons was good, the part in the throne room was the part I didn't like.

I didn't say that the actor look "feminine", I said that he looked like a female pretending to be a male, i.e., in drag. Basically, he reminded me of Gwenyth Paltrow as Viola in Shakespeare in Love (when she dressed like a man to get a part in Romeo and Ethel).

And no, the actor being "off" was not the only reason I didn't like the scene...as I clearly said, I thought the writing was bad as well. And the rest of the cast in the scene weren't on their A-games, which is usual when the writing is bad, which (this season) describes almost every scene in Mereen.

And sorry if my finding an actor not looking the part lowering my appreciation for a scene you apparently liked drives you away from these forums, but if you aren't open to reading disagreeing opinions, running away and not looking back seems like a good plan for you to try.

Sorry for not recognizing the difference between looking feminine and looking like a female.

And your problem with the writing, so far as I understand it, was that nobody in the room assumed he was there for goat money. He had the bones in his arms; they were even wrapped in a cloth like a baby. He was also crying as he spoke. Would you assume he was holding a goat?

In any case, this is nitpicking at its finest. Who cares whether or not anybody assumed they were goat's bones, beyond it being a deviation from the novels? How does that hurt the scene in any way? If you're this diligent in looking for flaws, almost any scene will fall apart.

wait...now Gwyneth Paltrow playing a woman playing a man....

and Darren Kent(think that is the bloke) playing a man...a poor man with a hunger ridden face...looks like a woman because Gwyneth Paltrow looked like him when she played a man?

Isn't that then the other way round? That Gwyneth looks like a man..when she plays a man..because she looked like a man (Kent) when he played a...man ?

I am confused right now.

May I?

I don't think he looked that womanly, but he had an annoying voice. Sounded not human..normal..sounded like a cartoon "funny character"

Can't call that "looking too hard"

ahmhh

*patchink*

:P

May I?

I don't think he looked that womanly, but he had an annoying voice. Sounded not human..normal..sounded like a cartoon "funny character"

Can't call that "looking too hard"

ahmhh

*patchink*

:P

I can call that "incredibly pedantic". The guy was sobbing over the bones of his burnt child, why would anyone care what the tone of his voice was like when he was clearly wracked with grief?

/yes, I cried

//my son is the same age

///it hit me harder than it did in the books

Edited by sj4iy

It's a pity they cannot consult with you to drop all the things you dislike and make it perfect. But, do not despair, anything that has anything to do with Tyrion will be covered in detail with insightful monologues like the beetle crushing one being inserted. The Wall will be cut short with no Val, no Dalla, no baby swap etc. You'll have to suffer through the tediousness that is Dorne with its boring ruler Doran Martell whose plans always fail. But, there is always Cersei, her scheming, her arrest, her walk of shame. You think that alone can be covered in one season? Ah, there are these awful Greyjoys as well. Belon hasn't even died yet and you believe the whole Euron election/Victarion journey can be covered in one season? Sam's trip to Braavos, Aemon's death etc - one season? LS shenanigans - one season. Winterfell sequence can fit into one season alone, especially if D&D pace it as fast as they did Tyrion's arc in season 4. And I didn't even mention events in Essos. You do like a digest version of ASOIAF.

Classy, I thought posters here respected each other and could express differing opinions on the books and the show. Apparently I was wrong. The poster was just stating a fact. They plan to cover four books in three seasons. Would you rather cover more of AFfC/ADwD or the final two books?

Both he (specifically) and this scene in general disappointed me. I seriously thought the father was a woman in drag or somebody getting a sex change, so I found it hard to believe that Dany & co. accepted him as the child's father. But, bad casting/wardrobe/acting aside, I was more annoyed by the writers failing to have *somebody* assume that he was there for goat money. You know, like what was done to great effect in the book, and even set up in a previous episode. Ofc, that's only one of many times (including several this episode) that the writers of one episode failed to connect the dots from previous episodes.

It's ok if *you* (and others) personally liked the actor and the scene, just don't say that the actor disappointed *no one*.

It was true when I wrote it. This is the first post I've seen against it.

His twitter profile sells his distinctive appearance. Extras don't have lines. They don't have scenes. The don't play parts at critical plot points, to address later comments. Extras form Fermat spirals for Dany to crowd surf.

Women don't have beards.

Edited by rmholt

I can call that "incredibly pedantic". The guy was sobbing over the bones of his burnt child, why would anyone care what the tone of his voice was like when he was clearly wracked with grief?

/yes, I cried

//my son is the same age

///it hit me harder than it did in the books

I'm not having a laugh, that voice is annoying. I hate it when movie characters have voices like this. Where I'm from we get all films dubbed, and there is this one voice actor that dubs a lot of "funny characters" and he has such a voice, and it is not a common or normal voice. Just annoying.

That farmer reminded me instantly of him.

and can you stop with the attacks? What have I done to you?

I'm not having a laugh, that voice is annoying. I hate it when movie characters have voices like this. Where I'm from we get all films dubbed, and there is this one voice actor that dubs a lot of "funny characters" and he has such a voice, and it is not a common or normal voice. Just annoying.

That farmer reminded me instantly of him.

and can you stop with the attacks? What have I done to you?

...I wasn't attacking you at all. In fact, I was talking about someone else's post.

It was true when I wrote it. This is the first post I've seen against it.

His twitter profile sells his distinctive appearance. Extras don't have lines. They don't have scenes. The don't play parts at critical plot points, to address later comments. Extras form Fermat spirals for Dany to crowd surf.

Women don't have beards.

1) It wasn't true when you wrote it, you just didn't know it was false. Absence of proof is not proof of absence.

2) I didn't refer to him as an 'extra' -- while I didn't like him in this role/scene, I'm not trying to be rude to him personally

3) Women may not have beards, but women dressing as men might use fake beards...

I have nothing against the guy, I just didn't like him in this role.