How would you rate episode 410?

Ran

How would you rate episode 410?  

1,081 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

2/10

Thought the show was based on book series. Apparently not.

Too much changes, even for my taste (and I was fine with most of them until now).

I just don't know what to think about entire Tyrion-Tywin-Jamie-Cerise-Shae thing...

!!!!

I had given this a 9.5 up through the Brienne/Hound fight. the only deduction being the amateurish CGI skeletons (no budget for the wights? come on)

once we moved to Tyrion I was thinking they might just nail this episode. They couldn't possible screw up Tyrion's section. But of all the extended dialogue sections of all the time they have given him to shine, they picked THAT section to rush it and totally eliminate the Jaime/Tyrion/Tysha hate that Tyrion came to feel. A very important character aspect. Then Tyrion/Tywin underwhelmed and is not a crime to have Dinkledge's Tyrion character have shades of grey. He didn't need to kill her out of self defense. He character does not ride a white stallion. The book sure loves to have him do that, he has shades of grey. Killing her was one.

Then there is LSH. A massive and very regretable omission. A missed opportunity to make up for all the other problems of the season and end it on a high note.

Giving it a 6 and that is very generous. Very disappointing.

Not everyone likes the LSH zombie revenge. There's plenty of book readers who could care less she wasn't in it. I will judge the show on what they actually produced, and not on what they could have included.

I couldn't agree more. I hate the resurrection plots. GRRM prides himself on killing main characters, but he needs to let them die.

I gave it my lowest score of the season, which is still an 8 :P. Really like Brienne v Hound thought that was a clever adaption choice. Although I was sad we have to wait another year for LS I thought Arya having the final scene was very good. I have to admit I was really disappointed with how they handled Tyrion and Jaime. I usually can separate the books from the show but having no tension between Tyrion and Jaime was a real problem for me. Not the fact Tysha wasn't mentioned but Jaime and Tyrion basically hugged and said goodbye. That really grated on me for some reason.

You do realize there are 2 more seasons that have already been renewed right? You also realize that chronology of the season doesn't completely sit within the framework of the books right? If she's in the show, she'll show up. She didn't need to be introduced in this season to have any impact on the story at all.

Exactly ...

...and as an aside, I can't help but notice that most of the haters in these thread have a minimal amount of posts.... not that the amount of posts someone has is germane to how much someone does, or does not enjoy an episode, but it looks like some minor league trolling to me...

I cannot understand why people are so put out over no Lady Stoneheart. Yes, she's creepy. Yes, it would have been a great WTF moment. However, there was no lead up or explanatory scenes throughout the entire season to help setup the character and the reveal. Rather than throw something in just for an effect I would prefer a complete season of leading to the reveal. Perhaps Season 5 as Brienne continues to search for the now missing Arya she will start running into the dead Freys. That would be more of an impact then BAM - Zombie Stark!

Overall I give this episode an 8 out of 10. Mance and Jon was the best, followed by Bran and his little band of misfits. I don't understand the whole Jamie and Tyrion not discussing Cersei's infidelity. Apparently they are substituting Shae as the whore of his affections. His anger came from Shae first saying "Tywin?" and then "my lion" when he entered the room. When she pulled the knife he went off the deep end and her death was, it appears, accidental.

However I didn't care for the scene with Tywin and Tyrion. It was too much Tywin begging for Tyrion to listen to him, not realizing Tyrion was beyond words. The one situation Daddy couldn't talk his way out of, or so it seemed.

I hated chaining the dragons. Couldn't they be free inside the dungeons? (But I'm an animal rights person.)

I believe if people would stop trying to force the tv show to fit the books line for line, they might enjoy it more. But people are still angry with Peter Jackson over LotR films too. You can't please everyone all the time.

There were parts I really liked and Parts I didn't.

Stannis/Davos/Jon/Mance I enjoyed and could of done with more of it, maybe next year. Though the mention of villain music with Stannis I never heard, there is a music that felt like it brought up tension and the mystery.

Jon/Fire/Mel, nothing said but good imagery.

I enjoy the actor who played Qyburn, I think he is a good fit for the part.

Dany and the chaining of the dragons

Brie and the Hound, I know it's different, but it was a hell of a fight and I thought it worked well.

Hound and Arya, I can't say Arya rocked out the scene but I thought the hound did a pretty good job.

Walking skeletons, looks like you don't have to recentyl have died to be raised.

Didn't like

Cersei/Tywin, kind of pointless just twisting the knife in Tywins death.

Jaime/Cersei not really sure the point of that scene. Jaime caves again.

Jaime/Tyrion, I think the two actors work well together, but skipping Tysha is another gutting of Jaime. I think with what Cersei said it would of played well as a parallel of the changes and differences between the two.

White Washing slavery, it's so great.

The Children and Bloodraven. The cave looks like shit, Didn't even bother with a makeup job on Bloodraven, well they did wrap a brinch around his wrist, and he looks to have recently bathed and brushed his long silky hair. The children look totally human and all I could think of was the movie legend when I saw her. But hey clash of the Titans skeletons. Oh and the room Bloodraven was in, all I could think was Dagobah. Oh and Bloodraven does not have two eyes, I mean come on try a little. Even Farscape used makeup and that budget was not Thrones, not even close. Hell keep it in shadow, not even an albino? Just lazy.

Tormund and Jon. Pointless.

Tyrion and Tywin, anticlimactic.

No HOOOOODOR! Bran took over, but come on

Not sure of.

Jojen death, yeah I know he was suppose to die but that was quick.

Fireballs? Just kind of a crapy effect, and that Child does not know how to throw.

No Coldhands at all? Was hoping maybe at the cave, but I guess not.

It's a 7, some really good stuff and some stuff I didn't like.

My hope for the future is now that Stannis and company are the wall both Jon and Stannis will get a little more time along with the watch.

I'm not mad there was no LSH <--- although I am bummed about it...BUT that's not what upset me, I just feel like this episode was way over hyped, now admit I am to blame fur part of that but from the cast interviews and crew members I just feel it was over hyped. It was not a terrible episode but man it just fell flat to me.

cersei telling tywin about her and Jamie(no)

*jamie and cersei STILL getting it on, I understand that their relationship is"complicated but(NO!)

*no mention of tysha or cersei fucking lancel or trouble between Jamie and tyrion(NO!)

*STANNIS thing WAS done well(could've been a whole lot better) but still.

*brienne's arc and journey these whole season WAS pointless...i mean yea for most of AFFC she did nothing but she eventually got somewhere, I just don't understand what was the point of her story this season and the fight with the hound??? Was it just so he'd have a injury?

I UNDERSTAND the show is and will never be the books. That is not my problem I'm just not sure about D&D writting...I can't be the only one who feels that way am I?

Like I said I'm not going off of LSH not being in the episode...although WTF D&D?

I'm not putting the books on a pedestal and expecting D&D to top or follow that.

wasn't a horrible episode

So with that said I give it a ....10(joking)

P.S. At least it didn't end with Dany.

Oyea and jojens dead!?

Edited by ToTheWolves

7 for me.

I don't care about the lack of Stoneheart. There is no law that it had to close out a season. It's one of the book's sillier developments in my mind anyway.

For me the problem was the Tyrion scenes. The lack of the Jaime reveal about Tysha changes a whole host of things going forward for both Jaime and Tyrion. They didn't trust the viewers enough to process something from season one (even though they've been throwing material that harks back that far all season long). My guess is that they know Jaime and Tyrion never meet again from what GRRM has told them and don't think the internal conflicts for both of them are relevant enough in portraying their separate arcs. But the lack of it- its the cause of Tyrion's murderous rampage- also took away from the power of the double murder of Shae and Tywin. Absolutely terrible job considering how strong the source material is.

10... 9 for the episode, +1 for the meltdowns already in this thread and the many others to come.

Revising my vote from 8 to 7, I guess...

(Honestly, could people just vote what they actually feel, and not focus on counter-voting people? You all end up polarizing the votes, and while this largely cancels itself out, it's still asinine.)

7 from me. This looks like a high rating but it isn't really. If I were to give the episode a real, honest-to-god rating, it would be a 4. It's probably my anger speaking, and that's why in the future I might raise a score a bit.

I'd like to point out that I'm not a book purist. When I see a change, if it's good, I'll say it is.

-OK, I actually liked Stannis arriving at the Wall. They finally made him look like a true badass, instead of making him look like Mel's puppet. Speaking of which, Mel looking at Jon through the fire was pretty cool too.

-Cersei confessing to Tywin was great. Lena Headey's acting makes it even better. And it's great that they pointed out that Tywin knows about the incest, but refuses to admit it. It was good to finally get some consensual sex between Jaime and Cersei, too.

-Daenerys locking up the dragons was really good as well. The actor that plays the farmer did a great job and so did Emilia Clarke. It was an emotional moment almost, and it signifies Dany's slow downfall.

-TBH, I didn't mind Brienne vs. Sandor. Yeah, it is stuff of fan fiction, but it was good enough, and the Hound at least did not look weak while fighting her. The point is, the Hound is deathly wounded, and Arya leaves him.

-Arya leaving for Braavos was good too. It felt like a new chapter is opening for Arya, and it gets you hyped up for next season.

-The look of Leaf and Bloodraven did not particularly impress me. Leaf looks like the little wight girl from the first scene of the show. But hey, they don't have a blockbuster movie budget either. Jojen dying made me scratch my head, but I suppose GRRM will have no big use for him later in the books. Also proves the Jojen paste theory untrue. In a way.

Now, on Lady Stoneheart, and Jon becoming Lord Commander, I could look over, because it gives GRRM more time to finish the novels before the show catches up.

Now, why am I giving this episode a 7 instead of a 9 or 10? Here's why...

The Tyrion scene.

Now, for the most part, it was OK. The acting is good, and everything fell into place well. But... when Jaime just went away without a word, I was stunned. No Tyrion hating Jaime for a lie? More whitewashing? No Tysha? OK then, maybe Tywin will tell Tyrion in the privy. No, not there either. Well OK, what was the point of introducing her story in season 1? I mean, that was the scene that got Dinklage a fucking Emmy, am I right? What point does it have now? Also, why omit it? You couldn't squeeze into the recap a little bit of footage from S01E09 where Tyrion talks about Tysha? You think the viewers would forget about her?

Shae trying to kill Tyrion before he strangles her bothered me as well. It made no sense seeing how Shae in the show is more sympathetic and good than book-Shae. I believe that Tyrion killing her while she was begging to take her away made it more shocking. This way, Shae is hostile towards Tyrion, therefore giving him more of a better reason to kill her. Isn't GoT about grey, conflicted characters? Yes, but let's just whitewash Tyrion more.

Time for the privy. This was the scene that I anticipated the entire season. Probably ,my favorite scene from the books. I wanted Dinklage and Dance to give it their all here, as this was a very important scene. Thankfully, they delivered. The writers... not so much. Making the whole Jules Winnfield "say whore again" thing about Shae was foolish. Wasn't that the point of Tysha, that she WASN'T a whore and his father deprived him of the only woman that truly loved him, while Shae was just another whore? They fucked this up so badly that I can't even comprehend to say how disappointed I was. I also hated the dismissal of the line "wherever whores go". Isn't that line going to haunt Tyrion for the rest of his journey? Won't that be his biggest quest when travelling to Essos? To find "where whores go"?

TL;DR, This episode was good, no doubt, but for me there a little bit of burning hatred lurking for it inside of me. I could tolerate everything else but they fucked up the Tyrion scene. The acting was superb, the writing was not. Tyrion is my favorite character, and of all the scenes, this should've been the one that they should have fucked up. Yet they did. I am disappointed in you, D&D. It might improve over time. I hope.

Edited by The King Of Cooked Steak